BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jun 17, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #4,261 of 5,353
Received DM7 today and having channel inbalance....
Left appears to be less sound than right.

Also, the overall sound is so mehhh... No details, sounds really messy
Thanks for reporting back, sorry to here this bro! Are you getting a replacement? Where did you buy it from? I'm waiting for my DM7 delivery from Linsoul. Will report back when I get it, fingers crossed!

Jun 17, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #4,262 of 5,353
Thanks for reporting back, sorry to here this bro! Are you getting a replacement? Where did you buy it from? I'm waiting for my DM7 delivery from Linsoul. Will report back when I get it, fingers crossed!
I bought from amazon. Another refund i guess....

Jun 18, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #4,263 of 5,353
Its weird that some people getting faulty iems, moreover, order from massdrop which they had to wait more than a month for it to get shipped.
I got my dm7 from an agent that have great network in the chifi world.

Jun 18, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #4,264 of 5,353
2nd impression here: it turns out kinda balance now and the sounds are quite engaging not gonna lie. But it's not that for every musics.

Edit: listening to bohemian, the piano sounds really full but the timbre is kinda awful

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #4,265 of 5,353
2nd impression here: it turns out kinda balance now and the sounds are quite engaging not gonna lie. But it's not that for every musics.

Edit: listening to bohemian, the piano sounds really full but the timbre is kinda awful

I would say it will sound bad on poor mastering music, however, im glad yours is fine no fault.

Jun 18, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #4,266 of 5,353
I would say it will sound bad on poor mastering music, however, im glad yours is fine no fault.
But wait... Does DM7 cant handle crowded situation? It fails to produce DETAILS on every single thing on Queen - Don't stop me now.

Im not impressed. Sometimes it just doesnt sound good. Am i really getting a faulty unit?

Jun 18, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #4,267 of 5,353
="twiceboss, post: 15014596, member: 408463"]But wait... Does DM7 cant handle crowded situation? It fails to produce DETAILS on every single thing on Queen - Don't stop me now.

Im not impressed. Sometimes it just doesnt sound good. Am i really getting a faulty unit?

Hmmm, for that im not sure, it handles well in crowded situation, my problem is the treble roll-off though and sometimes the male vocals may appear thin....

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #4,268 of 5,353
Hmmm, for that im not sure, it handles well in crowded situation, my problem is the treble roll-off though and sometimes the male vocals may appear thin....
If you have all the details and mine cant even properly play it well. It is clear that i received a defective unit... Im talking about my old ZS5v1 can handle everything including excellent soundstage and imaging. I dont bring hd800 here because its unfair. So yes, my DM7 cant fully handle any crowded situation. Kinda bad....

Jun 18, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #4,269 of 5,353
If you have all the details and mine cant even properly play it well. It is clear that i received a defective unit... Im talking about my old ZS5v1 can handle everything including excellent soundstage and imaging. I dont bring hd800 here because its unfair. So yes, my DM7 cant fully handle any crowded situation. Kinda bad....
Maybe it needs burn in time, maybe DM7 is source dependent? I'm no expert here but so far are majority of faulty DM7 reports the left connector being loose channel imbalance or there's more to it?

Jun 18, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #4,271 of 5,353
I have to be honest, I have ordered from Massdrop and i'm not looking forward to receiving them But,after reading the problems that are Occurring with them.My excitement is some what Fading :frowning2:
Don't stress bro. This happens with every new product, but with audio gear we have forums where customers discuss issues, to some extent it magnifies things good and bad.

Jun 18, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #4,272 of 5,353
Really really disappointed.

This lets me lose hope to chifi anymore.
I bought DM6 6 months ago based on rec from Hawai bad boy and the community here. At that time, there were even members who were comparing them with Andromeda. I was excited to have an IEM at 199$ that sounds like an IEM at 1099$. Unfortunately, I have been very disappointed by the sibillance in DM6. I just can't listen to some music with them. Then I bought Andromeda and was very impressed by their performance. Yes they cost 5 times the price of DM6 but the difference is just huge. Now I enjoy listening to all the details in my music without any sibillance and with an amazing soundstage. After Andromeda, I bought a set of Atlas and was again impressed by these IEM
My conclusion from this experience is: you get what you pay for. I prefer to invest more money in good IEM once for all and enjoy my music, rather than buying 10 Chifi IEM that would have QC problems or sound horrible. I don't trust Chifi anymore and won't buy any chifi in the future

Jun 18, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #4,274 of 5,353
R.I.P Chi-fi
I bought DM6 6 months ago based on rec from Hawai bad boy and the community here. At that time, there were even members who were comparing them with Andromeda. I was excited to have an IEM at 199$ that sounds like an IEM at 1099$. Unfortunately, I have been very disappointed by the sibillance in DM6. I just can't listen to some music with them. Then I bought Andromeda and was very impressed by their performance. Yes they cost 5 times the price of DM6 but the difference is just huge. Now I enjoy listening to all the details in my music without any sibillance and with an amazing soundstage. After Andromeda, I bought a set of Atlas and was again impressed by these IEM
My conclusion from this experience is: you get what you pay for. I prefer to invest more money in good IEM once for all and enjoy my music, rather than buying 10 Chifi IEM that would have QC problems or sound horrible. I don't trust Chifi anymore and won't buy any chifi in the future

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #4,275 of 5,353
R.I.P Chi-fi

For me, chi fi is a stepping stone to a great and totl iems, with that experience, you can deduce that to what he said quote "you get what you pay for" Furthermore, chi-fi is improving and still striving to be the greatest like fiio or maybe fearless audio. I agree to what dakchi said campfire audio andro and atlas are pretty excellent iem. However im gonna praise Noble kaiser encore to be my totl iem in my list. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back