1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series

First

Back
246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255
257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266
Next

Last
  1. antdroid

BGVP DM7 and Campfire Solaris
    solaris-dm7.jpg

BGVP DM7 and Harman IEM 2017 Curve
    dm7 - Harman.jpg

2. paulindss
    Looks like you have to try the regular kanas then, they have more bass energy than the pros and should suit you perfectly

Light - Man likes this.
  3. rendyG
    Do you find the highs above 10k recessed? I would expect more treble extension since they put dedicated driver for the "extreme highs" (SWFK-31376), but graphs ain´t everything, right :)

4. FastAndClean
    he already said, no upper treble to be found

rendyG likes this.
  5. crabdog
    Before anyone asks, no, I don't have DM6 to compare.

BGVP DM7 frequency response.jpg

darmanastartes, perfecious and rendyG like this.
  6. Animagus
    Hey guys!
    Here is a graph of the DM7 from BGVP.

2961556719249_.pic.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  7. antdroid
    Interesting you have a spike at around 12K. What coupler and tips are you using?

I think it's recessed in comparison to other IEMs -- especially since I've been listening to Andromeda and Solaris the most lately which have upper treble energy.

The DM7 is pretty solid for a relaxing listen in my opinion. Reminds me of Moondrop Kanas Pro that's warmer of ones I listened -- Maybe most similar in sound to the Tenhz T5 or Campfire Comet, though I have since gave and sold those away.

8. crabdog
    Using the Vibro Veritas compensated. I always use foam tips for consistency when possible because they fit more securely in the coupler (silicones tend to pop out).

antdroid likes this.
  9. hakuzen
    foam tips are more comfortable when measuring, indeed. but they tame 8kHz and 10kHz (and maybe others) resonances a few dB.
    after trying some methods to keep silicone tips into the coupler (press with rubber end, clips..), found you get the best results by using a good amount of bluetac around the shell and the coupler to keep them together; no distortion added

perfecious likes this.
  10. antdroid
    I also use foam for consistency. I'll run it through with silicone (stock tips) tonight.

11. redrol
    I really don't get this obsession with microdetail. The music is not the microdetail. It is the entire sound, from bass to treble.

archy121 likes this.
  12. jon parker
    Sounds like a pretty good description of the difference between an 'Audiophile' and a 'Music Lover' (generally speaking)

13. OldDude04
    As subjective as this hobby is, it really shouldn't be surprising that some folks can still enjoy the music and want a detailed sound at the same time.

JRichardson1228 likes this.
  14. Tony51
    You took the exact words out of my mouth......That dog don't hunt...LOL

15. jon parker
    Hey, Sometimes Momma gonna bake them cookies, 'an sometimes Momma gonna eat dem cookies but . . .
    Momma LOVES cookies

Tony51 likes this.
First

Back
246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255
257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266
Next

Last