BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 30, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #3,826 of 5,353
Thanks mate. Asking for Solaris as that's the one IEM I have available to me that I've got in common with you. Having heard the Solaris and various other kilobuck IEMs, I'm not surprised to learn the Solaris runs over the DM7 and sub-kilobuck chi-fi.

BGVP DM7 and Campfire Solaris
solaris-dm7.jpg

BGVP DM7 and Harman IEM 2017 Curve
dm7 - Harman.jpg

Apr 30, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #3,827 of 5,353
I'm very interested in hearing more impressions regarding the DM7. I had the DM6, I sold them because I didn't care for the sound signature, mids were too recessed and highs were shouty and sibilant (My opinion) I picked up the Kanas Pro, I really like there sound signature, lovely wide presentation, super reveling and great bass, A bit weak in the mid/low bass fullness, much because they are very mid 2k-4k active? Regardless they are a totally different signature to the 846's I use.

I know it's not fare to compare, but I had an opportunity to demo A JH audio, 64 Audio, and Empire Ears. (most of all the models) I ended up absolutely loving the 64 Audio Trio' ($2300) I mean Loved them! with the WM1Z (direct mode) Just wondering how the DM7 might stack up to them. I will say the KP do a pretty good job as far as imaging, and highs. They lack in fullness and bass presentation. Anyways just curious if some of you have demoed or own the Trio' and maybe be able to compare them with maybe something a bit less expensive. Cheers!

Looks like you have to try the regular kanas then, they have more bass energy than the pros and should suit you perfectly

May 1, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #3,828 of 5,353
BGVP DM7 and Campfire Solaris

BGVP DM7 and Harman IEM 2017 Curve

Do you find the highs above 10k recessed? I would expect more treble extension since they put dedicated driver for the "extreme highs" (SWFK-31376), but graphs ain´t everything, right :)

May 1, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #3,832 of 5,353
Before anyone asks, no, I don't have DM6 to compare.

Interesting you have a spike at around 12K. What coupler and tips are you using?

Do you find the highs above 10k recessed? I would expect more treble extension since they put dedicated driver for the "extreme highs" (SWFK-31376), but graphs ain´t everything, right :)

I think it's recessed in comparison to other IEMs -- especially since I've been listening to Andromeda and Solaris the most lately which have upper treble energy.

The DM7 is pretty solid for a relaxing listen in my opinion. Reminds me of Moondrop Kanas Pro that's warmer of ones I listened -- Maybe most similar in sound to the Tenhz T5 or Campfire Comet, though I have since gave and sold those away.

May 1, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #3,833 of 5,353
Interesting you have a spike at around 12K. What coupler and tips are you using?

I think it's recessed in comparison to other IEMs -- especially since I've been listening to Andromeda and Solaris the most lately which have upper treble energy.

The DM7 is pretty solid for a relaxing listen in my opinion. Reminds me of Moondrop Kanas Pro that's warmer of ones I listened -- Maybe most similar in sound to the Tenhz T5 or Campfire Comet, though I have since gave and sold those away.
Using the Vibro Veritas compensated. I always use foam tips for consistency when possible because they fit more securely in the coupler (silicones tend to pop out).

May 1, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #3,834 of 5,353
Using the Vibro Veritas compensated. I always use foam tips for consistency when possible because they fit more securely in the coupler (silicones tend to pop out).
foam tips are more comfortable when measuring, indeed. but they tame 8kHz and 10kHz (and maybe others) resonances a few dB.
after trying some methods to keep silicone tips into the coupler (press with rubber end, clips..), found you get the best results by using a good amount of bluetac around the shell and the coupler to keep them together; no distortion added

May 1, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #3,835 of 5,353
I also use foam for consistency. I'll run it through with silicone (stock tips) tonight.

May 1, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #3,837 of 5,353
I really don't get this obsession with microdetail. The music is not the microdetail. It is the entire sound, from bass to treble.

Sounds like a pretty good description of the difference between an 'Audiophile' and a 'Music Lover' (generally speaking)

May 1, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #3,838 of 5,353
I really don't get this obsession with microdetail. The music is not the microdetail. It is the entire sound, from bass to treble.

As subjective as this hobby is, it really shouldn't be surprising that some folks can still enjoy the music and want a detailed sound at the same time.

May 1, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #3,839 of 5,353
Sounds like a pretty good description of the difference between an 'Audiophile' and a 'Music Lover' (generally speaking)

You took the exact words out of my mouth......That dog don't hunt...LOL

May 1, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #3,840 of 5,353
You took the exact words out of my mouth......That dog don't hunt...LOL

Hey, Sometimes Momma gonna bake them cookies, 'an sometimes Momma gonna eat dem cookies but . . .
Momma LOVES cookies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back