BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 29, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #3,813 of 5,352
Here ya go.

BGVP DM7 and DM6 using IEC-711 generic coupler. RME ADI-2 DAC for source. Balanced 2.5mm kinboofi cable. Foam tips

DM7 vs DM6.jpg

Apr 29, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #3,815 of 5,352
The DM7 graph is a very similar to the ones of the Fearless Audio S6 RUI and S8 Pro.
There is a significant difference in the sound of DM7 and S6RUI. I was doing some A/B just before I saw your post.

Apr 30, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #3,817 of 5,352
Which of the two provides a better relaxed, fatiguing free experience?
I'd say the S6RUI is the more relaxed of the two. The S6 has more weight and body in the bass which increases its overall warmth plus the DM7 has a peak at 7kHz that might cause fatigue for some.

Apr 30, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #3,822 of 5,352
Here ya go.

BGVP DM7 and DM6 using IEC-711 generic coupler. RME ADI-2 DAC for source. Balanced 2.5mm kinboofi cable. Foam tips

Thanks for sharing this graph. It really does look very similar to my S6Pro but just about 3 to 4db boost in bass and the 8Khz area is just chopped off completely. I can speculate that is due to so many complaining about the DM6 having a peak in that 8Khz area. Which may kind of suck a bit of detail, beginning of some air out of the sound, but wouldn't be that bad. Honestly this looks exactly like what I want for live stage use. Something with a little bump in bass but not so much it draws focus away from the highs, strong enough to be "felt" a bit.

I know you just have the S4 currently which is pretty much elevated in both bass and high mids comparatively but does follow the same basic shape. Any comments or comparisons to the Fearless? For the price I think I may just bite on this.

EDIT: Could you share where you get one of those IEC-711 couplers, I am enjoying basic graphing with my Dayton imm-06 but would be nice to upgrade it.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #3,823 of 5,352
Here ya go.

Interesting, looks almost like my graph of DM6 vs TSMR3 Pro...
dm6 tsmr.jpg
Tonality of DM7 should be similar to that of TSMR3, if thats true and DM7 improves on stage and separation (which is to be expected from 2-way vs 4-way), I´m all in :)

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #3,824 of 5,352
Which of the two provides a better relaxed, fatiguing free experience?

While I dont have the higher tier Fearless (i have S4), the DM7 is pretty laid back I'd say, upper mids are kind of recessed and absent sometimes (as shown in graph too!)

So mid on DM7 is not reccesed like DM6?

Not as much -- DM7 is more neutral/balanced, but I still find the mids to be a little recessed in the "shouty" region around 1KHz-2KHz. It makes female vocals sound a little off sometimes. Upper treble extension is almost non-existent.

How is the sub bass and mid bass on DM7 as compared to Kanas pros? Graph seems to indicate the bass is likely less than that of Kanas Pros
Thanks.

I'll have to get back to you on this one. DM7 is warmer sounding and more laid back than KP.

Can I request a graph between the DM7 and Solaris? Asking bc I've never heard BGVP stuff for reference, and I see you recently got Solaris.

I will post it tonight, as I am at work right now. Solaris is still a big step up from this in my opinion. It has much better resolution and technicalities. The treble is also more extended and mids are more balanced (despite it's upper mids/lower treble wall)

Thanks for sharing this graph. It really does look very similar to my S6Pro but just about 3 to 4db boost in bass and the 8Khz area is just chopped off completely. I can speculate that is due to so many complaining about the DM6 having a peak in that 8Khz area. Which may kind of suck a bit of detail, beginning of some air out of the sound, but wouldn't be that bad. Honestly this looks exactly like what I want for live stage use. Something with a little bump in bass but not so much it draws focus away from the highs, strong enough to be "felt" a bit.

I know you just have the S4 currently which is pretty much elevated in both bass and high mids comparatively but does follow the same basic shape. Any comments or comparisons to the Fearless? For the price I think I may just bite on this.

EDIT: Could you share where you get one of those IEC-711 couplers, I am enjoying basic graphing with my Dayton imm-06 but would be nice to upgrade it.

Initial listens only - but S4 is more V-shaped sounding and the DM7 is more balanced/neutral on the warmer side. I think the DM7 is a little more open sounding too. You are right, the DM7 is missing a little bit of that air and treble extension. I would take the DM7 over the S4 on just initial listening but that suits my preferences more (I'm not into V-shaped sigs as much and the S4 and DM6 were too harsh in the treble area around 6-10K)

Here's link to some good reading and links for couplers for IEM
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audio-measurements-on-a-headfi-budget.893084/

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #3,825 of 5,352
While I dont have the higher tier Fearless (i have S4), the DM7 is pretty laid back I'd say, upper mids are kind of recessed and absent sometimes (as shown in graph too!)

Not as much -- DM7 is more neutral/balanced, but I still find the mids to be a little recessed in the "shouty" region around 1KHz-2KHz. It makes female vocals sound a little off sometimes. Upper treble extension is almost non-existent.

I'll have to get back to you on this one. DM7 is warmer sounding and more laid back than KP.

I will post it tonight, as I am at work right now. Solaris is still a big step up from this in my opinion. It has much better resolution and technicalities. The treble is also more extended and mids are more balanced (despite it's upper mids/lower treble wall)

Initial listens only - but S4 is more V-shaped sounding and the DM7 is more balanced/neutral on the warmer side. I think the DM7 is a little more open sounding too. You are right, the DM7 is missing a little bit of that air and treble extension. I would take the DM7 over the S4 on just initial listening but that suits my preferences more (I'm not into V-shaped sigs as much and the S4 and DM6 were too harsh in the treble area around 6-10K)

Here's link to some good reading and links for couplers for IEM
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audio-measurements-on-a-headfi-budget.893084/
Thanks mate. Asking for Solaris as that's the one IEM I have available to me that I've got in common with you. Having heard the Solaris and various other kilobuck IEMs, I'm not surprised to learn the Solaris runs over the DM7 and sub-kilobuck chi-fi.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back