BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Aug 11, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #706 of 1,864
I have a pair of 770/80's coming in the mail right now, as well as a Zero DAC/Amp combo looking forward to it
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #707 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by NewCents05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i recently bought some dt770/80 and im not entirely impressed with the bass im not going to lie. i bought a cmoy amp off ebay as well to power it with my ipod and the bass just isnt enough for me. im a giant bass head and these headphones just dont cut it for me. im thinking about selling them and just sticking to actual subs for my bass needs.

Cmoy have a bass boost...i know my dt770/80 with my ibasso p2 makes my head slam..shakes my head. Check the info for a p2.

Aug 12, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #708 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by NewCents05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i recently bought some dt770/80 and im not entirely impressed with the bass im not going to lie. i bought a cmoy amp off ebay as well to power it with my ipod and the bass just isnt enough for me. im a giant bass head and these headphones just dont cut it for me. im thinking about selling them and just sticking to actual subs for my bass needs.

Just remember that the song ultimately determines how much bass you get from your phones. The DT770's don't lie about how much bass is in the song. Of all the songs I thought had strong bass, only about 5% of those songs actually utilize the bass that the 770's provide. There is one song (and definitely many more) by Bass Mekanik that basically takes a #2 on any song's bass I've heard come from these headphones. I know the headphones produce bass, it just depends on the song.

Aug 12, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #710 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just have one. The Leopard DT-770s. I gave my DT-231 away.

sextet-003.jpg

Sorry, but the look ugly!
beyersmile.png

Aug 12, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #711 of 1,864
I got my Total Airhead amp today. At first I listened with it for about 10 minutes and I was like,"Wow, this amp freakin sucks, I can't hear any difference." Then I looked at their website and seen the gain switch was next to the battery slots. I flipped the switch, and ever since then have been amazed by what I'm hearing! Now the sound is clearer, the bass hits much harder, and the volume is like 4-5 times as loud as before. The only thing I couldn't tell a difference for was crossfeed, but maybe certain songs bring out the difference more. I'm loving this DT 770 Pro/Total Airhead combo. I know it's probably a garbage combo to most people here, but it's amazing to me. This is exactly what I wanted when I came here for advice on what to get.

Aug 13, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #714 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know it's probably a garbage combo to most people here, but it's amazing to me. This is exactly what I wanted when I came here for advice on what to get.

Did you get the wall power supply, or just using it with batteries?

Aug 13, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #716 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any balanced beyer users here? any good? what are you guys amping?

I balanced my DT990/600 and my frankenphone, the Beyerheiser HD880. I'm using a DIY balanced Mini³ and they both sound absolutely wonderful. Total blackground and nothing but incredible depth of music.

Sep 5, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #718 of 1,864
I think I've read something about this before but can't remember where:

What can be done about a sticky beyerdynamic headband? It's my DT880 which is like this. My hair sticks to the headband when I remove the headphone.

Sep 6, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #719 of 1,864
Hi Henmyr
Yeah, Here is the thread where is it...
Cheers
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I've read something about this before but can't remember where:

What can be done about a sticky beyerdynamic headband? It's my DT880 which is like this. My hair sticks to the headband when I remove the headphone.

Sep 6, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #720 of 1,864
I AM HAVING A SURGERY TOMORROW. I AM HAVING MY DT880 PERMANENTLY TRANSPLANTED TO MY EARS. MAYBE YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME THEN YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT TAKING THEM OFF. JUST JOKING BUT MAYBE YOU CAN PUT ON A BASEBALL CAP OR SHOWER CAP BEFORE PUT ON THE HEADPHONE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back