BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Jan 22, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #856 of 1,864
@Wilashort,

Hi, one side of the phone stop making sound. That would happen with any model for a number of reason. It was a new pair.

I wrote to the country market partner of Beyer around my area, and just received their request for sending back the phones. Probably will work out this way.

Jan 24, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #858 of 1,864
Ok, hope that you get fixed your headphones soon. Else, i sell some drivers that possibly can work in your headphones....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Wilashort,

Hi, one side of the phone stop making sound. That would happen with any model for a number of reason. It was a new pair.

I wrote to the country market partner of Beyer around my area, and just received their request for sending back the phones. Probably will work out this way.

Jan 24, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #859 of 1,864
Cincinnati reporting in. Beyerdynamic DT880 and loving it with my new Pico amp. The DT880 is the best headphone I've ever owned. I take them with me on my business travels.

Jan 24, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #864 of 1,864
x2 on beyer in the U.S. being great to deal with. Fantastic people, I have worked with them on a number of things, and they always come thru.

x2 on the 600-ohm 770s. Mine arrived a few days ago (I used the German MANUFAKTUR site since it has more color choices than U.S.) and I am astounded at the SQ for a closed phone. With SS amps it is beating my Pro 750s (with tube amps sometimes the Denon D2000s sound better, fuller). Even portable amps can drive it -- my Predator on the HIGH gain setting drove it fine. Detailed, analytical, great dynamic range, super transients. I had my 880s converted to balanced operation by Larry at headphile (my beta22 is balanced), and I will have him re-cable the 770s, but I think I will keep the 770s single-ended for more general use.

Jan 24, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #865 of 1,864
Can't remember if I posted here yet or not. I got me some DT-770/80 Pro's last month and they were great straight off the PC. Then I added a Little Dot I+. Not bad. Rolled the tubes with Sylvania Gold 408A's. Now I am impressed. My Keces DA-151 MKII arrived yesterday and in the 20 minutes I got to listen before work...all I can say is a little piece of heaven fell from the sky and landed in my living room. No joke.

Now I need to decide which Beyer to try next.

Jan 24, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #867 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Wilashort,

Cable issue? The left channel on my 48a cuts out if the cable is in a certain position.

Jan 26, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #869 of 1,864
Awaiting my Darth Beyer V3, Lepoardwood with Blackmax cable
beyersmile.png

Jan 26, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #870 of 1,864
I guess I need to post up here now.

DT770 M's here. So far, I love em. I think they are great, but soon Im getting a Xonar Essence, and was looking at the Little Dot MKII or III, not sure which, but I think the III was what... its in my bookmarks :p Yeah the III. For 199 it seems ok, and I dont think the II is much cheaper (am budget minded here)

But the headphones straight to my pooter, or MP3 player sounds great. Much better than anything Ive owned before.

Next is a pair of DT880's I think (Ive heard they are the opposite of these, and Id like a pair) and then I want some Audio Technicas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back