Best headphones under $300?
Nov 18, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #19 of 50
Quote:
1 more thought. Are the mad dogs a significant upgrade from m50s?

Yes very significant. Some people say that it sounds just like the Audeze LCD2($1000) and even a bit better than the LCD2.

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #22 of 50
Quote:
If you are gonna consider mad dogs... Consider buying your own t50rp and some modding mats. I could never pay 300 dollars for a modded headphone.

Even if they can beat a LCD2??

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #24 of 50
Quote:
Are those claims hype or are they actually that good?

A lot of people have them and they have been out for a long time. Look at the Mad Dog thread. People absolutely love them.

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #26 of 50
Did you mod them yourself? If so, how long did it take you? Because I'd rather spend a little more and get the mad dogs if it's going to take months to perfect them. Not to mention my EQ tastes change every other day.

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #27 of 50
Well.. I feel like I have mine almost dialed in after about a day. I think I will have them where I want them or close by the end of today.. I'll report back J-Lieb.

That's not to say my experience is gonna be the same for everyone else. But, what I did was follow BlueMonkeyFlyer's latest mod.. and now I'm working on tweaking it a bit to dial it in.

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #28 of 50
I think the only reason that I would tune them myself is if I could do it quickly. When you say "tuning" do you mean that your changing the eq to match your taste in music? Or just tuning it for sound quality in general? 

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #29 of 50
Quote:
I think the only reason that I would tune them myself is if I could do it quickly. When you say "tuning" do you mean that your changing the eq to match your taste in music? Or just tuning it for sound quality in general? 

modifying the dampening scheme and other things within the headphone. I still don't have them dialed in, sometimes it takes a while.. Right now I'm waiting to try some different cotton to see if I can tame the highs a bit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back