Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7b Impressions & Discussion Thread
Apr 7, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #976 of 1,051
I recently bought a MSR7b, it looks to have way more soundstage and being also way more airy and clear/detailed than my other headphone that has the same driver as Aedle VK1 (frequency chart here). The ATH costs 200USD in my country, would the HD560s be better or does the difference on clarity/resolution does not worth for 290USD? The only official resellers are ATH, Sennheiser and AKG(I also bough a K245, for 120USD but I find it nowhere as good as the ATH). I mostly listen to prog-metal/rock, sometimes synth, disco and R&B. So bass/subbass is important.

Thank you!
I'd say that if you're happy with how the Msr7b sounds, stick with it. Personally, I think it's pretty darn good for the price, and I feel it works well with your genres. Don't know about the 560. It may have more sub bass - quantity, but it may not have the airy and detailed presence region that the Msr7b does. There are always trade offs with headphones.

May 12, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #978 of 1,051
Do anybody here (who have good bluetooth headphones experimentations), can please tell me if it exists a good one which has very similar (if not same) sound to MSR7b ?
My experience with BT headphones is they all tend to apply some pretty heavy DSP - sometimes as a party trick to create a "fun" listening experience, and sometimes just to correct the sound after ANC messes with it.

Either way, I personally haven't heard anything that just sounds neutral and natural like the MSR7b

May 13, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #980 of 1,051
Either way, I personally haven't heard anything that just sounds neutral and natural like the MSR7b

I confirm, I really enjoy them too, very transparent, clear, and extremely versatile sound.
The only cons (to me) is that they lack a few dbs around 20Hz low bass shelf part to enjoy a bit more rumble.

I would recommend getting a Qudelix-5k and plugging your MSR7b into them to make them wireless
I already have Radsone ES100 MK2 for that but they don't sound as good as with my Mojo 2 and I'm looking for complete wireless headphones to avoid any wire.
Unfortunately I didn't find any good BT headphones that sound extremely as good as the MSR7b yet. There is the Focal Bathys but 4 times the price of a brand new MSR7b.. and not sure it will sound as good :D

May 13, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #981 of 1,051
The only cons (to me) is that they lack a few dbs around 20Hz low bass shelf part to enjoy a bit more rumble.
See my post one page back about the Aliexpress pads I found. They add a surprising amount of bass without messing up the overall sound signature (too much).

May 13, 2023 at 7:42 AM Post #982 of 1,051
Jun 12, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #983 of 1,051
Ho anche le pastiglie Yaxi MSR7 e alla fine ho ordinato un altro set di pastiglie AT MSR7 in proteine sintetiche "originali" da Amazon. Alti e dettagli sono notevolmente peggiori con i pad Yaxi, anche se i bassi (mediobassi) sono un po' aumentati. I medi e le voci suonano più tenui rispetto ai pad originali. Penso che i pad Yaxi rendano l'MSR7 troppo caldo e perda la sua "magia" in risoluzione e dettaglio...
Hai provato per caso anche gli yaxi pro mst sul msr7b?

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #984 of 1,051
Dopo aver trascorso un po' di tempo con i cuscinetti YAXI Comfort, sono finalmente tornato ai cuscinetti di serie.
Mi sono piaciuti molto, ma ho scoperto che cambiano troppo il suono originale per i miei gusti.
Gli YAXI stanno decisamente spingendo i medi a un punto che mi irritava le orecchie. Ho dovuto giocare con l'equalizzatore, ma generalmente non mi piace "imbrogliare" con le mie cuffie.
Mi piace molto il suono originale dei padiglioni originali. Tutto è molto più coerente, il basso è molto più presente e felice di ritrovare il rombo e lo sbattere che mancava. I medi sono eccellenti, gli alti sono di nuovo cristallini con alcuni dettagli ancora piacevoli.
Ora che l'estate è finita, non è più un problema avere di nuovo un po' di calore sulle mie orecchie, :) anche il comfort è ancora molto buono.
Sicuramente mi sto ancora godendo (di nuovo) le mie MSR7b, eccellono in ogni genere di musica che sto ascoltando.
Per caso hai provato altri yaxi sulle msr7b?anche yaxi pro mst si afatterebbe e vedo che nelle Sony dicono che toglie un po' di bassi (sono differenti rispetto agli yaxi msr7 comfort)

Jun 12, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #986 of 1,051
Hey anybody in the market for a pair of these at a low price, I listed my pair in the classifieds this AM. Check out the ad and PM me if interested.

Jun 12, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #987 of 1,051
can you speak english ? (because it's an english forum, thank you)
I guess you traducted my message but I never wrote in italian
Hi, sorry, I thought it was translating automatically!
I was wondering if by chance in addition to the yaxi msr7 pad have you ever tried the yaxi pro mst pad (and for sony 1mst but it also works with msr7 as the pads are almost identical) or other yaxi pads on them

Jun 12, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #988 of 1,051
Hi, sorry, I thought it was translating automatically!
I was wondering if by chance in addition to the yaxi msr7 pad have you ever tried the yaxi pro mst pad (and for sony 1mst but it also works with msr7 as the pads are almost identical) or other yaxi pads on them
they looks almost identical to the MSR7 Comfort ones. I didn' tried them. I truely think it will sound the same as the Yaxi MSR7 comfort. Material/structure seems the same. It's just the design that will be a better fit on M1ST.
I prefer my MSR7b with original stock pads, coupled with a Mojo 2 with high quality USB cable and good material custom cables : it's a regal.
Especially with +3db on 20Hz, and that's it. Endgame (at least for me)

Attachments

• 1686599876038.png
    1686599876038.png
    268.3 KB · Views: 0
Jun 12, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #989 of 1,051
they looks almost identical to the MSR7 Comfort ones. I didn' tried them. I truely think it will sound the same as the Yaxi MSR7 comfort. Material/structure seems the same. It's just the design that will be a better fit on M1ST.
I prefer my MSR7b with original stock pads, coupled with a Mojo 2 with high quality USB cable and good material custom cables : it's a regal.
Especially with +3db on 20Hz, and that's it. Endgame (at least for me)

very kind for your considerations! 🙏really kind! and seeing no theme review on yt i read that yaxi msr7 take away the detailed and airy character of msr7b!
but reading about the yaxi pro mst I read that they do the opposite, they lower the bass and give a little more brightness (it is true that they are similar but the hole is bigger, and the leather inside instead of the alcantara and the angle that leans towards the interior probably make a difference)
I wasn't looking for an increase in bass but rather a slight decrease in favor of brightness (as well as comfort for long hours)

Jun 12, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #990 of 1,051
Hey anybody in the market for a pair of these at a low price, I listed my pair in the classifieds this AM. Check out the ad and PM me if interested.
Sold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back