Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #4,937 of 6,385
Apr 30, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #4,938 of 6,385
The LCD-3 are now coming with the new headband.

https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd-collection/lcd-3
I wonder if they still come with the nicer brown leather pads or if they’re now black to match the headband leather? I have the new strap on mine and quite like the two-tone look of the black strap and brown leather. There’s just something about those dark brown pads that makes them so comfortable.

Also the leather in the strap seems to be real leather, not a leatherette like some were reporting on the 2C. I asked Audeze and they confirmed it’s exactly the same leather as the CF strap (which is now also perforated), only difference being CF for an extra $75: I actually prefer the look of the steel - matches the metal on the LCD-3 grilles and supports.

5E8F39E5-9A4E-4451-8B2E-71E56D9C30A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #4,939 of 6,385
Well... I guess I'll be joining the LCD-3 club!

My LCD-2.2F has been my main set of cans for something like two and a half years. God I love them! But I'm ready to try an upgrade and see if I like it more. I go through IEMs much faster, seeming to upgrade or change them out every few months. I suppose it was just time for me to do the same for my primary cans.

I hope I love them.
YEAH!!!!

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #4,940 of 6,385
Looks like the one they designed for the recently released LCD-2 Classics.

I bought mine used from a Head-Fi'er, and it's coming with the Carbon Fiber strap. :D
At this rate, when can we expect your eventual upgrade to LCD 4? :p

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #4,941 of 6,385
At this rate, when can we expect your eventual upgrade to LCD 4? :p

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I only paid $1k for this LCD-3. Paid $650 for the LCD-2.

For the LCD-4 it would depend on the price, a few X Factors, and how antsy I was for an upgrade at the time.
:)

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #4,942 of 6,385
Sorry guys, but i'm going a bit off topic. I've been using Project Ember II as my go to amp. I'm finding the stock tube(JJ ECC82) to be a tad too piercing for my liking in the treble region. Can anyone recommend a tube that has smooth but airy highs?

May 1, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #4,945 of 6,385
sounds about right. They'll be upgrading you to the all new drivers.

I wanna get the headband now, too...

Speaking of the headband, I’ve have the carbon fibre headband on my LCD3, tried out the LCD2c today with the metal suspension headband and it seemed to have a fair bit more clamp force than the carbon fibre. Felt a lot more sturdy on my head.

May 2, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #4,949 of 6,385
just about to have my pre 2016 fazors replaced after a driver failure.

Reading back 30 pages or so it’s a bit disappointing to learn the 2016 version has a different sound, really loved these things. Hopefully the new version isn’t a letdown.

May 2, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #4,950 of 6,385
ZMF Atticus for me. Also have an Elear incoming so will be interesting to hear how they complement each other.

I've been considering a set of those. Though, TBH, I'd really love a fully-closed portable to compliment so I can listen on my laptop on the couch.

Right now I'm also using Periodic Be which match just goddamn gloriously. Bassier, yes, but they have that full, "loudspeaker" experience that other IEMs lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back