Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jun 13, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #8,491 of 13,134
  My girlfriend gave me a lot of crap about buying an LCD-2, but her mind was totally changed as soon as I put them on her head and fired up some Tool. She understood in that moment. Hope your wife has the same realization :)

My GF said they are way to heavy, so how good it sounds doesn't matter if she can't listen for more than a few minutes before she has to take them off, her favorites are HD-700 and HE-560

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #8,492 of 13,134
  My GF said they are way to heavy, so how good it sounds doesn't matter if she can't listen for more than a few minutes before she has to take them off, her favorites are HD-700 and HE-560

High back seat helps.

Jun 13, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #8,493 of 13,134
  Adorama has the LCD2 on sale for $699 new with promo code 1JUNESVING

Wow, what a deal. I almost want to order them just to try out the new treble, since apparently the bass is pretty similar to my pre-fazor. Still though, it'd be stupid considering my 2.2 (December 2011) is working just fine. Also it seems the old LCDs are becoming valued collectables with some people not into the fazors. I guess I'll just wait until these break down and then send them in to hear the new drivers.

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #8,495 of 13,134
Had the call shop has my LCD 2's ready to pick up already!!! :) this work day cannot end soon enough, cat is out the bag meeting the missus in town and so far my nuts are still intact hehe phew..

I personally found the LCD 2's more comfy than the EL8's by a large margin granted for the short time I got to demo them.  My better half has been getting right into head-fi too of late if anything I hope I do not ruin her thoughts/love for her AKG 550 when she gets a go of the LCD's or this could work out double expensive!

I have been trying to get some numbers on the Dragonfly Red over the weekend and failing in terms of Mw to ohm all I now is its 2.1volts and do not have the knowledge to convert that to Mw into 70ohms I'ts not going to be anywhere near Audeze 1000mw recommendation I wouldn't of thought but it sounded good at 80% on my iphone at the time of the demo last Friday.

Hopefully after a longer sitting this evening getting to know em better I dont feel its all under powered. 

Will no doubt look at a better amp option down the line.

1 and a half hours to go, tick tock :)

Jun 13, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #8,496 of 13,134
I have been trying to get some numbers on the Dragonfly Red over the weekend and failing in terms of Mw to ohm all I now is its 2.1volts and do not have the knowledge to convert that to Mw into 70ohms I'ts not going to be anywhere near Audeze 1000mw recommendation I wouldn't of thought but it sounded good at 80% on my iphone at the time of the demo last Friday.

30 mw.

Jun 13, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #8,497 of 13,134
Had the call shop has my LCD 2's ready to pick up already!!! :) this work day cannot end soon enough, cat is out the bag meeting the missus in town and so far my nuts are still intact hehe phew..

I personally found the LCD 2's more comfy than the EL8's by a large margin granted for the short time I got to demo them.  My better half has been getting right into head-fi too of late if anything I hope I do not ruin her thoughts/love for her AKG 550 when she gets a go of the LCD's or this could work out double expensive!

Hopefully after a longer sitting this evening getting to know em better I dont feel its all under powered. 

Will no doubt look at a better amp option down the line.

1 and a half hours to go, tick tock :)

Count on the double expense! :veryevil:

And let me just say that with better amplification you will definitely hear an improvement in sound. The Dragonfly really isn't the best to power the LCD-2. Something to look forward to. :D

Jun 13, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #8,498 of 13,134
Operation share at the moment pair of us have been in a happy place grinning for the last four hours, cannot comprehend how good they are if I am honest.

Look forward to looking at amps down the line but been listening between 30 and 50% on the fly smiling.

Holding a bit of heaven :)

Think a Aluminium pair will be on the cards for my better half down the line share for now :)

Jun 13, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #8,499 of 13,134
I love my lcd 2f January 2016 build . After coming from the obnoxious build quality of the el-8open , Hifiman 400i, sennheiser momentums , and fidelio x2 ...I have found my endgame . Especially on an O2 amp on a budget , it still surpasses every expectation I have . The lcd 2's are the type of headphones that you want to replay every music in your collection . It's that good imho

How can you tell the build date and if it is a 2f?

Jun 13, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #8,501 of 13,134
This is the only pic I could find. Not very good picture.  Open box special of $799 at Headphone.com.

hIgSTskzd4KPZvfmTqIqSI0dvrI7P1G7gJASbysQyh75EUcWka7voNIcZ1uvxZK0ufolKusicpXxKdsZ4W7N2psohtAOYdFFbuUyv0UkeetF6JJYn57yA412vDGDnim-6exzgpTNiAp0CbFRqELFOAyBVwekkDmqdGGxtgA=s0-d-e1-ft

Wonder if is the newest drivers? I bought it this afternoon before finding this thread:basshead:

Jun 13, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #8,504 of 13,134
Wonder if is the newest drivers? I bought it this afternoon before finding this thread:basshead:

Chances are pretty good anything on the dealer market is the current build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back