Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jun 14, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #8,521 of 13,139

Ha, Ha, no, not really. Just saw this nice wooden box in an older video review. I'm sure the travel box is much more practical. Besides a fancy box will just draw my spouse's attention :wink:

Glad my GF loves listening to music also, she actually had 3 headphones when we met a few years ago, HD-700, HD-650 and Bose QC-15.

I am tempted to rock these on the bus and drop them on heads at random good things need shared.

As much as I like the LCD-2, they are just too heavy and bulky to take out, you must be in great shape to lug these around
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #8,522 of 13,139
My LCD-2 arrived at work today. I could have hooked it up to the Mojo, but didn't want work to distract me:D. So once at home I finally hooked it up to the Mojo and my iPad Pro. Friday I'm off so I'll be using my desktop rig, Heck the hard case box was impressive by it self. I told co-workers that it was Prez. Trump's Nuclear "football":wink:

:phttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football

I've to to say that right out of the box I'm impressed! I'm listening to Paul Simon's "Wristband" and finally clapping sounds like real clapping. The back echo of his voice on "Street Angel's" chimes and drums are fantastic. Guitar on "The Riverbank" is very rich in sound.

I'm wondering how long I'll be able to wear these at my home office desk while using the iMac?They are heavier than any other headphone I've owned. Though the Blue Mofi headphone were heavy. I sold those. Maybe I'm a wimp:wink:

Well no TV tonight I will be rotating through my music. Can't wait to try AIFF files via my iMac, DAC and amplifier!

I've got a custom cable coming from plusSound.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. And yes, this appears to be Ver. 2 as they were made in April 2016.

See you at the SFO meet in July! I'll be the guy with the Mojo and Audeze Sine! Can't travel with the LCD-2.

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #8,523 of 13,139
One thing ive noticed as far as comfort goes is that these headphones are a bit easier to wear when im standing than when im sitting at a desk. Maybe my neck is less stressed overall and the rest of my body can distribute the weight?

I guess if you can sit in a way so that the head and neck and arent bearing TOO much of the weight, then comfort should be alright.

For the record, i usually wear headphones while painting or drawing so im not very still. The lcd2s stay in place nicely!

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #8,526 of 13,139
Its quite possible. Whatever the level of comfort may be, the sound is worth it! (Even moreso since getting a Deckard)

I agree they sound great but for my GF (160cm and 42.1kg) the weight is just too much, she is also used to headphones like HD-700/650 and Grados which are so much lighter.  For me the LCD series is just a bit too heavy also, 1 hour is about it for me, and this is sitting on my reclining sofa so some of the weight is supported by the sofa.

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #8,527 of 13,139
I am finding I am wearing these a couple of clicks tighter than any of my previous phones, maybe imagining it but feel with less drop on the cups and a touch more clamp has the weight of the phones better distributed on my odd head.

Coming from AKG Anniveraries which after a couple of minutes they melt away to nothing it's a bit of a change to get used to but the added oooomph is worth it for me.

Glad your nuclear football turned up all good Jazz they are awesome eh :)

Jun 16, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #8,528 of 13,139
Like many I had issue with LCD's weight so I sold them , a pitty since I liked what I heard so 1 advice: if you can have a listen to the new EL8 open (revised in 2016)
My bad memory tells me they share quite a lot similarities when it comes to the sound but are much more comfortable.
A nice contrast to my HD800s

Jun 16, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #8,529 of 13,139
  Like many I had issue with LCD's weight so I sold them , a pitty since I liked what I heard so 1 advice: if you can have a listen to the new EL8 open (revised in 2016)
My bad memory tells me they share quite a lot similarities when it comes to the sound but are much more comfortable.
A nice contrast to my HD800s

Agree, they do share similarities but the EL8 is also on the heavy side and the thin padding strip does not help much.

Jun 16, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #8,531 of 13,139
One thing ive noticed as far as comfort goes is that these headphones are a bit easier to wear when im standing than when im sitting at a desk. Maybe my neck is less stressed overall and the rest of my body can distribute the weight?

I guess if you can sit in a way so that the head and neck and arent bearing TOO much of the weight, then comfort should be alright.

For the record, i usually wear headphones while painting or drawing so im not very still. The lcd2s stay in place nicely!

I use mine primarily at a standing desk! I find them to be plenty comfy, even with the heft. The clamp force can be bothersome after an hour or so, but not nearly as bad as other cans I've tried/owned.

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #8,532 of 13,139
Off work tomorrow chilling a little JD chilling in audio bliss, honeymoon period still in full effect may it never end, I soooo love these headphones.  I so do not care they way two stone no pain no gain.  It's love this one.

Jun 16, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #8,533 of 13,139

I use mine primarily at a standing desk! I find them to be plenty comfy, even with the heft. The clamp force can be bothersome after an hour or so, but not nearly as bad as other cans I've tried/owned.

I bent the headband out a little since the clamping force was just a touch too much.  Headphones with high clamping force are HD-650/600, about the 2 worst IMO.

Jun 16, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #8,534 of 13,139
Off work tomorrow chilling a little JD chilling in audio bliss, honeymoon period still in full effect may it never end, I soooo love these headphones.  I so do not care they way two stone no pain no gain.  It's love this one.

I've had mine for months now, and I have yet to feel anything less than awe at their sound.

NFB-28>Balanced Out>LCD-2.2Fazor

:basshead:

Jun 17, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #8,535 of 13,139
  Adorama has the LCD2 on sale for $699 new with promo code 1JUNESVING

I'd be all over this if I didn't just buy the LCD-X

Is the promo code still available? I tried but it failed :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back