Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #8,387 of 13,134
I got those extra-long arms for my LCD-2.2. It fits much better now, I wish the dang things came stock.

I'm considering hocking half my collection and "moving up" to the LCD-3. Thoughts?

Jun 3, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #8,388 of 13,134
  I got those extra-long arms for my LCD-2.2. It fits much better now, I wish the dang things came stock.

I'm considering hocking half my collection and "moving up" to the LCD-3. Thoughts?

I've heard more than a couple people say they prefer their LCD-2 to the 3 after comparing in the shop. I think the LCD-X and 3 are more appropriate for mixing and mastering music, those are the people I always see giving them rave reviews. Also the LCD-X can be driven a lot more easily. The LCD-2 really is the sweet spot, so definitely try before you buy if you possibly can.

Jun 3, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #8,389 of 13,134

If you're really not happy with the LCD-2, and if the reviews on the LCD-3 sound right for you, then I say buy the LCD-3 on credit, just so you can try it out. If you don't like it, send it back. If you do love it, start selling your other gear to pay off the card.

Jun 3, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #8,390 of 13,134
If you're really not happy with the LCD-2, and if the reviews on the LCD-3 sound right for you, then I say buy the LCD-3 on credit, just so you can try it out. If you don't like it, send it back. If you do love it, start selling your other gear to pay off the card.

Yeah. I'm a scavenger so I'd buy it off someone used, so I likely wouldn't have the luxury of trying them.

I also respect those who aren't scavengers, so I'm not going to walk into Bay Bloor Radio, try the LCD-3, and then buy it off someone else. I also don't accept returns on items I sell (lest DOA), so I don't want to be one of those guys who renegs on a deal after the fact.

Jun 3, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #8,391 of 13,134
  I've heard more than a couple people say they prefer their LCD-2 to the 3 after comparing in the shop. I think the LCD-X and 3 are more appropriate for mixing and mastering music, those are the people I always see giving them rave reviews. Also the LCD-X can be driven a lot more easily. The LCD-2 really is the sweet spot, so definitely try before you buy if you possibly can.

The first LCD3 I compared with my LCD2.2 was better.
Then few month later I tried another new LCD3 (fazor) and my LCD2.2 was better.
I don't say fazor was the culprit but something has changed.

Jun 3, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #8,392 of 13,134

Yeah I compared my fazor LCD-2 in store with the LCD-X and LCD-3 through a chord Hugo and I actually preferred my LCD-2s over either. The difference in resolution with that setup was very modest, and moreover i found the LCD-2 to be more musical, and just more bodacious-sounding if that makes any sense.

EDIT: looked it up and bodacious is a word so i guess that makes sense lol

Jun 3, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #8,393 of 13,134
  Yeah I compared my fazor LCD-2 in store with the LCD-X and LCD-3 through a chord Hugo and I actually preferred my LCD-2s over either. The difference in resolution with that setup was very modest, and moreover i found the LCD-2 to be more musical, and just more bodacious-sounding if that makes any sense.

EDIT: looked it up and bodacious is a word so i guess that makes sense lol

LOL, the only time I've noticed the word "bodacious" when it was in references to women.

I'm another that tried the LCD-2, 3 and X and liked the 2 the best but if you need easy to drive then the X is the better choice.

Jun 5, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #8,395 of 13,134
  I'm in the market for some LCD2's or X's and I can't decide which I'd rather get since I've never been able to hear either.  Is the X worth the price difference?

I gave an answer to a similar question a few days ago, no the X is not worth the price difference IMO unless you need to drive them with a DAP, smart phone, or gear that does not have much power output.

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #8,396 of 13,134
  I'm in the market for some LCD2's or X's and I can't decide which I'd rather get since I've never been able to hear either.  Is the X worth the price difference?

Only if the sound signature appeals to you from reviews, impressions of them on this site as you cannot hear them in person. What sound signature are you after ?

Jun 5, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #8,397 of 13,134

Only if the sound signature appeals to you from reviews, impressions of them on this site as you cannot hear them in person. What sound signature are you after ?

I'm not quite sure what to say.  I just want to try something open and something planar.  All I currently own is some closed Denon D5000s which are decent but I would love to have something with a wider sound stage and warm sounding.  

Jun 5, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #8,398 of 13,134
Jun 5, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #8,400 of 13,134
latest revision Fazor, after november 2015, sounds better than the non fazors I used to own. there is no sibilance in the more present treble, the bass is just as awesome, and it might just be the better treble but it sounds more resolving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back