Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 12, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #3,076 of 13,132
  It is the time of the week where i take out my LCD2 to play....
leaning back on my highback armchair, the big soundscape surrounding, massaging me thru this amazing can,
really a treat , yes the coffee aroma helps too.

Just GET one...then tweak your setup until u hit delirium.

===========

ok the hd650 is 80% there, albeit with a silverplatedcopper cable.
But u wont get rid of the itch to try the LCD2. :p

===========

I'm getting the itch to try the LCD 3. I get the feeling you'll also be on to the LCD 3 in no time. Is it me or do a lot of us at Head Fi have some kind of addiction, always looking for that new "high". I really need to delete my account......

May 12, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #3,077 of 13,132
i heard the LCD3 on a fren's setup, wasnt wowed by it. So the itch died there...n my banker sighed a big relief. 

To my taste, all cans need TUBEs in their soundstream.  
These filaments bring out the magic in any can.
( or maybe it is just in my mind..it is a romance of sorts ..but that works too :p
I love my DV336se n the cheaptubes i grabbed from ebay.. 
now playing with 20bucks Raytheon n Westinghouse.. supposedly from the 1950s.

May 12, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #3,078 of 13,132
Thanks,

How does Matrix M stage pair with LCD2's

Anyone?

Matrix Mini I is 370$
frown.gif

How about Audio GD NFB 15.32? Price is 250$
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #3,079 of 13,132
I think the SE option of my balanced dad/amp nfb10.32 should be similar to the 15,.32...
If so,u hv a great option there, slightly warmish neutral, powerful,
agile sounding in a biggish soundstage.:)

May 12, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #3,080 of 13,132
Thanks everybody!
happy_face1.gif

Within 2 days, I will be travelling to Capital city To audition the HD800's.

Although this journey will be treacherous in scorching sun by train, But I will do it
smily_headphones1.gif

IF I like them 800's,I will buy em.

As for Customer support, Yesterday I shot off mails to both Audeze and Sennheiser about LCD's and 800's respectively.

Surprisingly, I received an call from Sennheiser products info officer today, and he cleared all my doubts about product, service and warranty.

Audeze has still not replied to my doubts. Customer care is vital,  I think, in summit-fi products.

I think Sennheiser service excels and exceeds that of Audeze. Not just to India, but in General to Worldwide
smily_headphones1.gif

Well If the 800's hurt my ear by their lively highs during the audition, Then Its the LCD2 
cool.gif

I already have light tinnitus in my ear
frown.gif

May 12, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #3,082 of 13,132
Thanks Matt,

Well, Tinnitus is the one of the main reason stopping me from buying HD800's

Some say, Darker headphones like LCD2 maybe more soothing for tinnitus ears?

When I had HD600's , I did not have hard time with them, regarding tinnitus. I could bear their highs.

I never use HP's more than an hour,

Else I can hear

'Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' high pitch scream in my ears
frown.gif

May 12, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #3,083 of 13,132
  Thanks Matt,

Well, Tinnitus is the one of the main reason stopping me from buying HD800's

Some say, Darker headphones like LCD2 maybe more soothing for tinnitus ears?

When I had HD600's , I did not have hard time with them, regarding tinnitus. I could bear their highs.

I never use HP's more than an hour,

Else I can hear

'Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' high pitch scream in my ears
frown.gif

This problem is what led me to darker hp and it does make all the difference to me. The hd650, lcd line, Oppo pm-1 and pm-2 are all good choices. 

May 12, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #3,084 of 13,132
Thanks,

Can I just know,

Does LCD2 has bigger sound-stage than HD650 and has better and clearer highs than HD650?

I am also unclear about which sub 400$ amp would I use if I buy the LCD2's, and Matrix M stage was recommended for HD800's

May 12, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #3,085 of 13,132
  I own the LCD-2 Rev 2 (2013) but am really interested in hearing how the HD650 compares to the LCD Rev 2.

Can anyone upload or point me in the direction of an image of how the EQ settings might look in iTunes or Foobar? I'm no good at these things.

If you have time to read through my ramblings... here is the link to a comparison I did for them.

May 12, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #3,086 of 13,132

If you have time to read through my ramblings... here is the link to a comparison I did for them.

Thanks. I just purchased a used pair on eBay. I figured that I have no use for my HD600 anymore so the HD650 will act as my backup. I've posted my FR graph for my LCD2 before, but they aren't quite as warm/laidback as I would have liked. It would be quite something if I end up preferring the HD650 to the LCD2...well, I'll have my answer in a few days.

May 12, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #3,087 of 13,132
  Isnt O2 superior than Matrix  M stage? [In terms of SQ] Then How does LCD2 pair with matrix M stage?

M stage got much power than O2?  It best if It churns out a watt of power!
smily_headphones1.gif

Which DAC to use?  I think M DAC is pretty inferior sounding compared to ODAC?

Yep, O2 lacks power. Drove the HD600's well, but without "punch"

Does the O2 measure better? Maybe, but in a head-fi audiophile sense, the M-Stage would be the better amp. It's a clone of a $1000+ amp.
I did not like the M-Stage and LCD-2 combo at all, however there is another member here who likes it, so it seems to be down to personal preference. Compared to a speaker amp (lots of power), the M-Stage is less linear, has a slower transient response, less detail, and much much less punch.

The M-Stage has a similar amount of power when compared to the O2, both are less than a watt.

I am also unclear about which sub 400$ amp would I use if I buy the LCD2's, and Matrix M stage was recommended for HD800's

The Schiit Lyr is $450 and was the most recommended sub-$1000 amp for the LCD-2 in the recent vote thread. I haven't tried the combo.

May 12, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #3,088 of 13,132
If the Mstage is a good-clone of the BCL, then i wont recommend it with the LCD...
(cos the BCL has a coolish neutral sound, this amp outputs loads of microdetails though.)

The Audiogd is a better bet with the LCD...and a LYR is u prefer some tubes in the sonic chain.

May 12, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #3,089 of 13,132
Thanks,

If I buy LCD2's I wll reserve 600$ for amp and dac.

Difficult to go for Lyr because all Schiit products get inspected by customs and charged huge duty
redface.gif

Audi GD is releasing NFB11 ES9018 AMP/DAC, Can it be any good with LCD2's ?

Or which Audio GD pairs well with LCD2? they have many products and I am confused.

May 13, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #3,090 of 13,132
u can email Kingwa at Audiogd, and get a brief on what a particular amp's signature sounds like.
He is quite responsive.. he offered me a few options..
i finally went for the NFB10.32 then, cos i wanted to taste what a "balanced" amp is all about.

I particularly like the dac section, man...the soundstage took a leap in all directions from my nuforce HDP :p
Hooking the dac to my tube amps now...yakkkkks my dt770 gone crazy..holographic !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back