Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #3,107 of 13,139
Soundstage=tie

mids=lcd2 wins for that wonderful tone that makes vocal centric music a real pleasure

highs=slight edge to the Oppo as it seems a bit more resolving up top. Personally though I prefer the darker treble of the lcd2

bass=the lcd2 has a deeper more extended bass with real texture. The Oppo is a little bloomy for me and slightly muddy. I'll take the lcd2 all day for bass. 

comfort=Oppo, hands down. Will Audeze ever release a slimmed down version of this wonderful hp? They just seem to keep making them heavier. 

misc=build quality of the Oppo is impeccable. Better than most out there and this is there first hp. 
eek.gif
  Impressed. 

May 13, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #3,111 of 13,139
I know this is an appreciation thread but just got a very unpleasant treatment from the Audeze, is it just me having a very bad luck?

Prohibited to quote their email.

Not very pleasant as I got this email as I just want to board for my holiday. Now my holiday is just a bit ruined. :frowning2:

May 13, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #3,112 of 13,139
So... if I'm reading this correctly... they are upgrading your cans (I'm guessing Fazor... and it sounds like they're doing it for free)... and they just want you to pay for shipping back to you? Doesn't seem unfair.

Perhaps you should clarify your situation more? Why are you sending them in? Is it for the Fazor upgrade? Did they do it for free? Did you pay for shipping to them? Are they asking you to pay for shipping it back?

May 14, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #3,115 of 13,139
So... if I'm reading this correctly... they are upgrading your cans (I'm guessing Fazor... and it sounds like they're doing it for free)... and they just want you to pay for shipping back to you? Doesn't seem unfair.

Perhaps you should clarify your situation more? Why are you sending them in? Is it for the Fazor upgrade? Did they do it for free? Did you pay for shipping to them? Are they asking you to pay for shipping it back?

What's the context of this? Did you say there was something wrong with the drivers? What product and service are you getting for free?

Here is the chronology (apologize for my english, I'm posting through iPhone as well)
1. I check with them to upgrade the connector from the wood straight to new metal angled connector, they quoted me the price and also inform that I need to pay shipping two ways.

2. I refused to do the upgrade (shipping fee is too much) and then I told them that I can feel static on the wood cup

3. As in my previous quote from email from them stated that they want to inspect my unit regarding the static and they agree to pay the return shipment so I agree to do the upgrade and send my LCD 2.2 to them right away

4. I notice about the Fazors upgrade so I made inquiry about this and they quoted me the price

5. Because of the price diff between Fazors upgrade vs Connector upgrade isn't much, I told them to cancel connector upgrade and do Fazors upgrade instead

6. Just before boarding for my holiday I got the email from my previous post. They have received my LCD and told me to pay the return fee.

From the previous post they stated that they want to do inspection whether I want to do any upgrade it doesn't matter. This is my understanding but maybe I got it wrong.
I just kept wondering about this in my flight. Such company with good reputation in this forum can treat customer like this, it is just unacceptable for me. Maybe it is acceptable for you guys, I don't know.

May 14, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #3,117 of 13,139
Sometimes you just have to politely remind them. Remember, they could be dealing with hundreds of RMAs at a time, and it's not surprising if they may have mixed you up with another scenario or case. To me, they seemed to have lived up to solid service considering the fact that they still came through for you and honoured the shipping cost. Patience is good my friend.

May 14, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #3,118 of 13,139
Sometimes you just have to politely remind them. Remember, they could be dealing with hundreds of RMAs at a time, and it's not surprising if they may have mixed you up with another scenario or case. To me, they seemed to have lived up to solid service considering the fact that they still came through for you and honoured the shipping cost. Patience is good my friend.

I've been dealing with small company like Trevor (Norne Audio, seems small to me) or big like Westone (is it consider big?), both of them handle customer well (to my experience).
They know what their customer request well and order/RMA process is simple and transparent.

From their last email it seems they are arrogant to me thats troubled me, usually I have my calm.
I do appreciate their good intention to inspect my LCD 2 and even pay the return shipping fee.
But the execution is just chaos. They have the customer request record but totally ignore it.

I do LOVE my LCD 2, hopefully all of this worth it for the shake of the great headphone.

May 14, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #3,120 of 13,139
Not trying to discredit others, but I just had an amazing customer experience with Audeze. I bought mine secondhand, but they were new in Dec 2013. Unfortunately, there is a broken wire in the strain relief at the HP jack of the cable. I contacted Audeze on the off chance that they might help me out and they agreed to send me a replacement cable for no charge and even emailed me the frequency chart for my pair without me asking.

I'm continually impressed with the customer service from some of the companies in this industry.

I hope your situation resolves all for the best, kupleh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back