Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 10, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #3,046 of 13,132
Thanks Tom and Matt,

Can I know,

What difference does Rosewood and bamboo versions make? Physically and sonically?

Actually There is just 200$ Difference between Audeze and HD800's for me. Im up for HD800's but only stopped because I dont have Hi end Tube amps. Doesnt HD800 sound Harsh with O2/ODAC?

May 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #3,047 of 13,132
Bamboo is lighter but I think rosewood looks better. Not sure about sonic effects, if any. For the HD 800 you should probably get a better amp from what I've read. Also from what I've read they are not very forgiving and also fatiguing so maybe not the best for casual listening. I don't have any personal experience with it however.

May 10, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #3,048 of 13,132
I don't really know why people are comparing LCD2 and HD800 they sound really different and each has its own pros and cons,

lcd got the bass while hd 800 have better highs and sound stage,

lcd2 is quite a bit more heavy and less comfortable than hd800,but its not like its uncomfortable its just compared to hd800.

classical hd800 hands down, to wow people hd800,

but for movies and regular top 100 songs and a less tiring sound get lcd2. 

May 10, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #3,050 of 13,132
  I don't really know why people are comparing LCD2 and HD800 they sound really different and each has its own pros and cons,

lcd got the bass while hd 800 have better highs and sound stage,

lcd2 is quite a bit more heavy and less comfortable than hd800,but its not like its uncomfortable its just compared to hd800.

classical hd800 hands down, to wow people hd800,

but for movies and regular top 100 songs and a less tiring sound get lcd2. 

Coz the guy from India asked our opinion on these two headphones. 
normal_smile .gif

May 10, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #3,051 of 13,132
i didn't mean this post i meant like while ago everyone was trying to say hd800 was better or lcd 2 was better, I just think they are 2 really different headphones and serves different different purposes

my bad for the bad english 

May 10, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #3,052 of 13,132
O2/ODAC + no harsh highs? Avoid the HD800 then, but the LCD2's comfort is not great and it's not ideal for classical either.  I have both and enjoy them greatly but perhaps you should consider a T1 or HE560 instead... (or just enjoy your HD600s)

Drew

Quote:

I have O2/ODAC and cannot upgrade any higher.

I cannot tolerate Harsh Highs... Highs generally as high as HD600's are okay for me [Loved  them, their euphonic sound, just everything about them.]

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #3,053 of 13,132
  i didn't mean this post i meant like while ago everyone was trying to say hd800 was better or lcd 2 was better, I just think they are 2 really different headphones and serves different different purposes

I think it's because they are both considered amongst the best headphones available and also the price is similar (at least in Europe, I guess in the US the LCD 2 might be noticeably cheaper). 

May 10, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #3,054 of 13,132

Oh absolutely :) Very different they are. I personally think they make perfect companions. Just wish I could afford to keep them both.. 

May 10, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #3,056 of 13,132
Audeze = overpriced and too heavy... just stupid to invest in those these day

audeze customers are being duped.. resale value will be half price eventually

audeze could try to take the market by storm if the lcd-x would be at 1000-1200 and lcd2 should be 700

instead.. they decide to keep a premium product for gulible customers..

we are not in 2009 anymore..

Even if people don't admit it.. everybody knows this is true.

personnally i hope oppo and hifiman destroy them

May 10, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #3,057 of 13,132
I would agree with him, with hifiman 560 and oppo pm2? comming out right now its best to wait until more people try these headphones and then purchase. From what i heard from other people the he560 is as good if not better than lcd2.  

audeze could try to take the market by storm if the lcd-x would be at 1000-1200 and lcd2 should be 700

May 10, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #3,058 of 13,132

Invest? Huh? Some of us simply purchased them because we liked how they sounded. While I agree with some of the sentiment in your post (the tone of of the post is hilarious by the way), you're making an assumption that isn't entirely true - most of us aren't purchasing these as investments. The simple reality is that most used items depreciate. Monetary appreciation would be the exception to the rule. 

May 10, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #3,059 of 13,132

Uh.. This just seems like unnecessary trolling.

Please, no one respond to this person, trolls shouldn't be fed.

May 10, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #3,060 of 13,132
  Invest? Huh? Some of us simply purchased them because we liked how they sounded. While I agree with some of the sentiment in your post (the tone of of the post is hilarious by the way), you're making an assumption that isn't entirely true - most of us aren't purchasing these as investments. The simple reality is that most used items depreciate. Monetary appreciation would be the exception to the rule. 

..the phrase that you're looking for is..big boys' toys =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back