[ASK] Best Dap / mp3 player for Shure Se215 T___T
Jul 18, 2012 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

psycomagic

New Head-Fier
Excusme, im new in here, and sry if this like a stupid question
tongue.gif

i just wanna know what the best dap for shure se215, i like all kinds of music, but maybe except metal
biggrin.gif

now im using se215 + Rocoo P, but for me it is too bright
confused_face.gif

there may be other suggestion from here..??
biggrin.gif

Thanks Before~

Hopefully not misplaced to ask again
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #2 of 14
Do you mean an amp or a DAC?

IMO, you actually need an amp because for me, DAC doesn't change the sound sig as much as an amp do

Oh and do tell your preferred sound sig so that people can recommend. I'm no pro even though I use the same IEMs but others can tell you

Whoops. Sorry about that. Didn't read properly

I had used sansa clip+ for it and IMO, it's good. Sounds natural for a player of that size and price. Though that was a long time ago so I can't comment on the sound sig. My only dap was my clip+(RIP) and now my Atrix+Neutron player. Using the Neuton player, the sound was better than the clip+ even though at flat EQ. But that was due to Neutron player modifies the sound sig and not from the internal sound chip (that's my theory) so the sound is not as natural as it should be

Do leave your preferred sound sig

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #3 of 14
Ahhh sorry, i just needed dap for my iem, because I want to find a dap that fit with my music.
and maybe no amp & no dac just direct
redface.gif

whether it's been fitted with rocoo p...??
or is there more?

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 14
Usually you choose the DAP first, and then earphones/headphones. 
Anyways, you can try a Sansa Clip+ or Clip Zip. Won't cost a lot, the sound is not bad either.

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:
Previously I've had a Zune 30 and sana clip +, but seemed to want more or level up :p

If you want more, try changing (upgrading) your IEMs, or try headphones.
PMPs will not give you that much of an improvement.

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #12 of 14
Have a look at the Cowon players. Something like Cowon C2 or J3 would be a nice match for SE215.

Jul 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:
How your impression ..?

Powerful, very good bass, full and spacious. Very good mids, lot of details, good treble but in all Shure style (they are not improved, they are on some distance from listener). Lot of air, very comfortable soundstage, great vocals. Sound is big, not thin. Beautiful and melodical sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back