Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Apr 1, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #857 of 862
Did this thread die with the amp or something? Anyway, thought I'd throw down a recommendation for anyone who wants a dac/amp with a sound signature that's similar to the Glacier.

The Shozy Magic has that same clean sound with a focus on upper midrange and treble along with a deep, tight bass response. The Glacier may have a touch more energy to its sound and possibly a touch wider soundstage but the Magic has less hiss, slightly more refined highs, and is the size of a miniature candy bar. There is also less power with the Magic as it has only one gain stage, but it is still not lacking in this regard. Highly recommended for IEM owners.

Apr 1, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #858 of 862
I'm still using my Glacier, best damn portable amp ever made.

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #860 of 862
No problem, definitely check it out. Although I haven't compared the two directly, I had purchased the Magic right after owning the Glacier and immediately thought they sounded similar. The Magic has some of that silver cable feel when it comes to clarity.

Oct 29, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #862 of 862
Deep in my memory I want to say that the Glacier has a similar timbre as the old ATH-CK10, a punchy, glossy sound that fairs particularly well electronic music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back