Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Dec 15, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #1,966 of 2,483

Quote:
Quote:
I store all info still in post #1 and update it regulary.
cool.gif

DOH! thanks or pointing that out - sorry for my oversight.  perhaps you could add the appropriate links to Jaben for their ms1000 wood and aluminum cups for those folks who aren't prepared to make their own and want a professionally done solution.

Ive looked all over Jaben and I dont see where they sell the mod kit. I thought I saw you or someone posted a link before but didnt see a price. Could you link me direct?

Dec 16, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #1,967 of 2,483
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I store all info still in post #1 and update it regulary.
cool.gif

DOH! thanks or pointing that out - sorry for my oversight.  perhaps you could add the appropriate links to Jaben for their ms1000 wood and aluminum cups for those folks who aren't prepared to make their own and want a professionally done solution.

Ive looked all over Jaben and I dont see where they sell the mod kit. I thought I saw you or someone posted a link before but didnt see a price. Could you link me direct?

here are some links, though you might want to email Uncle Wilson @ Jaben:
http://jaben.net/forums/index.php?topic=14663.0
http://jaben.net/forums/index.php?topic=12726.0
(see this post & the one following it : http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/323271/alessandro-ms1000-and-ms-ultimate-diy-modding-56k-warning/1830#post_7035401 )

Dec 22, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #1,969 of 2,483
Fixation here:

When a Grado serves as basis, I regard coating of the pads as even more important as on a MS1. See post #1 for details.

Jan 11, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #1,971 of 2,483
I just read about 50 pages of this thread. Lots of drama, and great looking cans out there. I posted in the Grado mods thread about acquiring some distancers. I was pointed to rds and I sent him a PM. I am in NA so idk, if he can't make them I think apatN said he would be interested, but I didn't think he knew that I was in NA. I read that I should post in this thread if i am looking for distancers to get the attention of you guys.

Thanks, I hope to hold a pair of MS-1000's soon.

Jan 11, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #1,973 of 2,483
Jan 14, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #1,974 of 2,483
It doesn't look like rds is responding. People have personal lives, I know, but oh well. I do know some woodworking people that I think would do the job right. They may even go as far as to make some nice wood cups. But my next question is, how much is the shipping/customs crap to ship from Europe to the US?

Jan 14, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #1,975 of 2,483

Quote:
It doesn't look like rds is responding. People have personal lives, I know, but oh well. I do know some woodworking people that I think would do the job right. They may even go as far as to make some nice wood cups. But my next question is, how much is the shipping/customs crap to ship from Europe to the US?

rds responded back to me before Xmas and told me he doesnt make them anymore, not sure why he is still in the first post. You will have to look elsewhere Im afraid unless he changes his mind.

Jan 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #1,976 of 2,483

Quote:
Quote:

rds responded back to me before Xmas and told me he doesnt make them anymore, not sure why he is still in the first post. You will have to look elsewhere Im afraid unless he changes his mind.

That is unfortunate because I just became very interested in this project;however, I am not capable of making the distancers.

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #1,977 of 2,483
I am going to build a couple of them tomorrow. Shipping is very cheap as I always pack them in a bubble envelop, so it's like 2€.

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #1,978 of 2,483
I build my stuff only if explicitly ordered (PM contact), uninsured shipping for distancers internationally is 2,20€

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #1,979 of 2,483
I had a nice day building distancers today. The weather was nice so I did the work outside. Also I stuffed my hearing protector with KSC75 drivers!

My dad took a picture. You can tell how serious I am about this from looking at it.
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #1,980 of 2,483
Agewize, you could be easely my son!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back