Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning]
Jan 31, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #1,996 of 2,483
Ok, this is where I read they were third party pads. But in this case Uncle Wilson says they are not sold seperately anyhow, so the ones thedeathreaper got must be different. Or I would think they are. Perhaps they are the real deal. So I dont know what Im talking about except that Jaben does sell some third party look alike grado pads with the kit. Not sure what they sell for $25 in their store.

http://jaben.net/forums/index.php?topic=12726.0

Quote: Wilson@Jaben
Hi Friends and Jabenites,

The MS1000 kit now comes with huge bowl pads. They look similar to the Grado pads but they are 3rd party ones.

Unfortunately the pads are not sold separately but
smiley.gif
the mod with the pads are going for only

[size=20pt]S$88[/size]

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #1,998 of 2,483
Quote:
I read right here in this thread that the Jaben pads for the alumimod were not the real deal pads. Or I at least read it in a link from this thread. Cant remember. But I have not heard them and they may sound exactly alike or not. I wonder if anyone has both.

hmm, i hadn't even considered thta my ms1k pads may be artificial rather than genuine
smily_headphones1.gif
. when i have a chance i'll to check into it and see if they're significantly different than the real deal

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #1,999 of 2,483

Quote:
So I now have all the parts necessary for the mod. But I was wondering what people use for the glue. I was thinking of hot glue as it is something that I have. Any thoughts?

My distancers are secured with hot glue. Works great.

What I did was install 2-3 blobs of glue to hold the distancers down while you are positioning it. After that simply go mental with your glue gun. :)

Jan 31, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #2,000 of 2,483
Some people use blue tack to stick their distancers on. Not as permanent, so if you want to unmod you have that possibility. Mine were done that way, worked out fine as long as you don't mess with the blue tack too much (I took them off out of curiosity once and they didn't stick quite the same way again, although they were mostly stable).

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #2,002 of 2,483
That sort of stuff sounds indeed especially great with the MS1K.

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #2,004 of 2,483
Great to hear that your distancers arrived okay! I don't think I will ever part with my pair (only to replace it with the MS-U :wink:)!

Do yourself a favour and punch some holes (4 is what I recommend) in the back of the drivers. Also, for a little more groove in your MS1000 try lining the pads with cloth. For looks, you can change the plastic grill with a nice metal one!

Oh, I am rambling... Excuse me 
beerchug.gif

Feb 8, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #2,007 of 2,483
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #2,009 of 2,483

Quote:
lol I just did the hole punch mod and I found the bass I was looking for. I will be heading to Staples tomorrow after work to get some metal to work with.

It's great isn't it? What are you going to do with the metal?

Feb 13, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #2,010 of 2,483
Heavy metal?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back