Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very good

That's 536 kinds of win... YGPM
bigsmile_face.gif

May 29, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #618 of 2,483
very interesting... me like

Jun 4, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #621 of 2,483
I just got my spacers from uni today, managed to make them out of light weight, high density ureal foam. Just waiting for the gs1000 pads to arrive, hopefully they should come by tomorrow!!

More pics to follow!

IMG_9725.jpg

IMG_9726.jpg

IMG_9728.jpg

IMG_9736.jpg

IMG_9737.jpg

Jun 5, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #622 of 2,483
Not bad!
beerchug.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #625 of 2,483
Well my rds spec liberators arrived today. I almost ran inside like a giggling schoolboy to superglue them onto the front of my drivers.

As for impressions...

WOW!*

*Will post something more detailed when I've had a good chance to listen.

Jun 14, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #627 of 2,483

I stuck a rounded piece of plastic onto my MS1 on a attempt to mod it into a MS1000 and WOAH.I am surprised by the soundstage and bass improvements.Bass is less fatiguing to listen to and soundstage is as close as it gets to the Voyager for me.

I think it sounds different from the actual MS-1000 but atleast i got a sonic improvement I love
biggrin.gif

PS: The "distancers" of mine has a 20+mm height.But it works well for me.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #629 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by Relinquished /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<snip>[/URL]

I stuck a rounded piece of plastic onto my MS1 on a attempt to mod it into a MS1000 and WOAH.I am surprised by the soundstage and bass improvements.Bass is less fatiguing to listen to and soundstage is as close as it gets to the Voyager for me.

I think it sounds different from the actual MS-1000 but atleast i got a sonic improvement I love
biggrin.gif

PS: The "distancers" of mine has a 20+mm height.But it works well for me.

I tried something similar when I was busy with making the distancers. The sound was terribad. Didn't like it at all.

PICT0362.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So are these mods reversible? I might look into trying it myself as long as I can get my good old MS1s back if I don't like it.

They are. The only real moddy thing you have to do is attach the distancers. You can use something 'permanent' like glue but if you were to use tape or blu-tack the mod is fully reversible without any residue to the phone.
Anyway in case of the MS1000 the mod is fairly huge leap forward. Also, PM me if you want some distancers. I am going to make some more in the next couple of days.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #630 of 2,483
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are. The only real moddy thing you have to do is attach the distancers. You can use something 'permanent' like glue but if you were to use tape or blu-tack the mod is fully reversible without any residue to the phone.
Anyway in case of the MS1000 the mod is fairly huge leap forward. Also, PM me if you want some distancers. I am going to make some more in the next couple of days.
smily_headphones1.gif

Eh, don't think I have 40$(!) for pads right now, not to mention the distancers as well.
frown.gif

I'll look into it though, might be able to ductape something up or what not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back