AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Feb 1, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #211 of 5,483
Respect to MrSpeakers for coming out with a great looking product that isn't stratospheric in pricing. I really do think they should change their logo though. Looks amateur. Would be cool if they went for a more modern, cutting edge style redesign. Granted it's not the easiest name to put to a logo.

Feb 2, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #213 of 5,483
In jet black please Dan, not dark blue.

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #214 of 5,483
These looks good.

Big thumbs up on the pricing. I bet these are better built than Hifiman's Edition 6 at $6000... what a joke.

Anyway I plan on buying a pair of these once they are out. I have not heard any of the Mr Speakers headphones before but want to try some planners (I have demmoed a few but never owned any).

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #215 of 5,483
 I'm excited to hear these. Dan @Stillhart always get all the new toys first. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #216 of 5,483
   I'm excited to hear these. Dan @Stillhart always get all the new toys first. 
beerchug.gif

I bet these sound pretty good on a WA7 or WA8.  I'm sure someone at Canjam will do that test this weekend...

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #218 of 5,483
Great review @Stillhart , I almost completed the purchase of the 699 dollar offer, but when I saw shipping cost to Norway of 84 dollars, I didnt complete the purchase. There is import tax and VAT on top so with that shipping cost its gonna be too expencive to get here from MrSpeakers website atleast. 

I am looking for a light weight headphone to complement my Centrance Mini-M8 when Im on the move, and I think these might be the ones. I also considered the Elear, but I would rather want the closed back ones on the move rather than the open ones.

Too bad about the shipping cost for me atleast.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #219 of 5,483
  Great review @Stillhart , I almost completed the purchase of the 699 dollar offer, but when I saw shipping cost to Norway of 84 dollars, I didnt complete the purchase. There is import tax and VAT on top so with that shipping cost its gonna be too expencive to get here from MrSpeakers website atleast. 

I am looking for a light weight headphone to complement my Centrance Mini-M8 when Im on the move, and I think these might be the ones. I also considered the Elear, but I would rather want the closed back ones on the move rather than the open ones.

Too bad about the shipping cost for me atleast.

I hear you... $61 in tax for me, since I live in California  
frown.gif

Between that and shipping - I lose most of the early bird discount. Total is $772.  Sigh.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #220 of 5,483

frown.gif

Between that and shipping - I lose most of the early bird discount. Total is $772.  Sigh.

That's a very "cup half empty" way to look at it.  You'd be paying some 9% tax on $100 more otherwise so an additional $9 on top of the $100 difference.  In actuality you got a bigger discount than anyone outside of CA.  :p

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #221 of 5,483

frown.gif

Yeah, there is 25% added VAT including shipment cost here (separate bill after shipment), so alot of the local distributors purchase goods in larger quantities at discounted rate from maufacturers to cope with the import taxes for the consumers to be competitive. The drawback is that we as consumers have to wait until these deals are made between distributors and manufacturers before we can purchase locally.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #223 of 5,483

That's a very "cup half empty" way to look at it.  You'd be paying some 9% tax on $100 more otherwise so an additional $9 on top of the $100 difference.  In actuality you got a bigger discount than anyone outside of CA.  :p

Actually, there are plenty authorized dealers outside CA that ship for free... so will end up paying (IF I decide to buy) $800 including everything.
So... for saving $28 do I want to order without auditioning them first?  No thanks!  Will audition at CanJam Socal, and decide then.  Worst case - pay $28 extra then...

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #225 of 5,483
  Any word on wether or not there is going to be an open version?

I've got no official word on it.  I'd guess that it's pretty likely but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.  I mean, clearly it's designed to have an open variant.  But I suspect they will be focusing on the closed version for the next few months until all the pre-orders and consequent backlog is shipped out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back