1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by mrspeakers, Jan 30, 2017.
First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last
  1. Naim.F.C
    Respect to MrSpeakers for coming out with a great looking product that isn't stratospheric in pricing. I really do think they should change their logo though. Looks amateur. Would be cool if they went for a more modern, cutting edge style redesign. Granted it's not the easiest name to put to a logo.

2. Maelob
    I am still on the fence about upgrading my primes. Love the Primes bass and I don't know if the Aeon will have the same bass performance.

3. Lohb
  4. james6333
    These looks good.

Big thumbs up on the pricing. I bet these are better built than Hifiman's Edition 6 at $6000... what a joke.

Anyway I plan on buying a pair of these once they are out. I have not heard any of the Mr Speakers headphones before but want to try some planners (I have demmoed a few but never owned any).

5. HiFiGuy528
     I'm excited to hear these. Dan @Stillhart always get all the new toys first. [​IMG]

Stillhart likes this.
  6. Stillhart

I bet these sound pretty good on a WA7 or WA8.  I'm sure someone at Canjam will do that test this weekend...

7. HiFiGuy528
    @Stillhart  I won't be at CJ NYC :frowning2: but I'll see you at SoCal. 

8. manpowre
    Great review @Stillhart , I almost completed the purchase of the 699 dollar offer, but when I saw shipping cost to Norway of 84 dollars, I didnt complete the purchase. There is import tax and VAT on top so with that shipping cost its gonna be too expencive to get here from MrSpeakers website atleast. 

I am looking for a light weight headphone to complement my Centrance Mini-M8 when Im on the move, and I think these might be the ones. I also considered the Elear, but I would rather want the closed back ones on the move rather than the open ones.

Too bad about the shipping cost for me atleast.

9. Zachik

I hear you... $61 in tax for me, since I live in California  [​IMG]
    Between that and shipping - I lose most of the early bird discount. Total is $772.  Sigh.

10. Stillhart

That's a very "cup half empty" way to look at it.  You'd be paying some 9% tax on $100 more otherwise so an additional $9 on top of the $100 difference.  In actuality you got a bigger discount than anyone outside of CA.  :p

11. manpowre

Yeah, there is 25% added VAT including shipment cost here (separate bill after shipment), so alot of the local distributors purchase goods in larger quantities at discounted rate from maufacturers to cope with the import taxes for the consumers to be competitive. The drawback is that we as consumers have to wait until these deals are made between distributors and manufacturers before we can purchase locally.

12. Andrew Rieger
    Any word on wether or not there is going to be an open version?

13. Zachik

Actually, there are plenty authorized dealers outside CA that ship for free... so will end up paying (IF I decide to buy) $800 including everything.
    So... for saving $28 do I want to order without auditioning them first?  No thanks!  Will audition at CanJam Socal, and decide then.  Worst case - pay $28 extra then...

14. MattTCG

I asked, sorry no word yet. 

15. Stillhart

I've got no official word on it.  I'd guess that it's pretty likely but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.  I mean, clearly it's designed to have an open variant.  But I suspect they will be focusing on the closed version for the next few months until all the pre-orders and consequent backlog is shipped out.

First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last