1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by mrspeakers, Jan 30, 2017.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. mrspeakers Contributor
    We have 14  ÆONs for NY CanJam.  

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
  2. mscott58

Thanks Dan!

Is that for display, purchase or possibly both?

See you soon

3. Zyker
    So jealous!  I'd love to hear one before mine gets here.

Anyone want to buy me a plane ticket? :wink:

4. mrspeakers Contributor

Demo units only.  :)

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
  5. Beagle

I changed my mind and pre-ordered. I've never regretted a MrSpeakers purchase so I doubt I'll want to return these.

6. Khragon

"When the recording doesn’t call for that level of bass, the ÆON can feel positively bass light, a comment that has also been attached to the original ETHER C."

That's doesn't sound very reinforcing, my biggest gripe with Ether C was they're bass light.

Maelob likes this.
  7. xuan87
    Wow wasn't expecting Dan to still be replying at this time. 

I'm just curious though, which of MrSpeakers' headphones can be considered the most representative of the MrSpeakers house sound? 

Till date, I've listened to the: Mad Dog, Alpha Dog, Alpha Prime, Ether, Ether Flow, and Ether C.

I find the closed series to have a similar house signature to one another, and instantly recognizable as a MrSpeaker product. Unfortunately, it's not a sound that I like.

On the other hand, the Ether sounds absolute different and to date, is probably the best headphones that I've ever tried. The only reason it's not in my collection is that it's kinda priced out of my league (my current headphones are in the $500 and below range). I can't remember where I read it but I think you mentioned that you tuned the Ether Flow to be closer to the Ether C (correct me if I'm wrong) and I can attest to hearing that difference. Which is also why I preferred the Ether to Ether Flow.

I'm just curious how you plan to tune your future products. A headphones that is tuned more like Ether, and priced like the Aeon will be extremely attractive to me and detrimental to my wallet.

8. Stillhart
    I feel like the MrSpeakers house sound has been getting closer and closer to one sound.  From warm to bright, the tuning has been swinging back and forth approaching a certain balance.  I think the Ether E prototypes I've heard represent that balance very well and I think the Ether Flow and Ether C Flow come very close to it.  The AEON seems to be in the same area as the Ether Flow and Ether C Flow.  

I understand that some people find these headphones different enough to have strong feelings about one or the other.  But when put into the context of every MrSpeakers headphone that's come before, I think they're remarkably similar in sound.  As always IMO, YMMV, etc.

The Ether 1.1 is warmer than the Flows and the Estat.  My prediction is that if he continues dialing in the tuning in the direction of his perfect balance, I don't think you'll see another headphone from MrSpeakers tuned that way.  But who knows... it's a popular headphone and a popular sound so you never know.

9. inthere

Is that going be at Mr. Speakers' section only? Or spread out to say, Cavalli and Schiit?

10. UltraBadger
    MattTCG, Stillhart any thoughts on sound isolation? How well does the Aeon cut ambient noise?

11. MattTCG

Isolation from ambient noise is one of my pet peaves for a closed headphone. If it doesn't isolate well then what's the point of a closed headphone? Dan worked hard on this and I'm happy to say that the Aeon offers good isolation. Once music is playing even at low levels I couldn't hear the kids, wife, tv, dishwasher etc.  It does not leak much sound either. So it would even make for good listening next to your spouse or significant other. 

12. mscott58
    I know everyone hears things differently, but I never have heard the C's as bass light, and in my experience with my newly upgraded C Flows I also feel that they have more than sufficient bass. I guess it's also what you're comparing them to and what you're driving them with. In my experience the C's/C Flow's scale very well with more powerful sources. To each their own I guess. Cheers 

13. MattTCG

At least to a degree, I feel the difference in the perception of bass is due to sensitivity to upstream gear. I would say that all the Ethers respond well to source and amp much like the hd800 and that would give the listener a different experience. 

14. UltraBadger

​Thanks Matt! Well, actually I'm not sure if I should thank you. My wallet certainly doesn't [​IMG]

15. UltraBadger
    Decided to pull the trigger before CanJam NYC as I suspect a bunch of people are probably going to preorder after hearing them at the meet. I don't yet have a good pair of closed cans and I figure worst case scenario, if I'm really not feeling them I could probably sell them for about what I paid after the launch. My guess is the Aeon will be able to extract every last bit of quality out of my Mimby/Vali2 rig at work.

Sharkhunter likes this.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last