1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by mrspeakers, Jan 30, 2017.
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last
  1. manpowre
    I would not hesitate for at second ordering them if it wasnt for shipment Cost of 84 dollars.

Funny thing is. The language the Æ in Æeon is from Norway with the most expencive shipping Cost. !!

2. sabloke
    I'm in the same boat.I paid $15 to get my TH-X00 to Australia so I can't understand why $84 for comparable weight and volume.
    That shipment cost would also throw the price over A$1,000 making GST and import duty tax to kick in, so there goes another 20% on top of the lot.

3. Shawnb

came to just over 1k CDN for me, shipping was only $64 for priority. Not sure if I'll pay duty but at least another 12% in taxes

4. sabloke
    So, do I pay A$1,100 now, wait 4 moths and then pay A$200 more to get the Aeons released from customs or spend A$1,600 on Focal Elear with next day delivery? Decisions, decisions, bloody first world problems... :)

5. Cagin
    Pardon me for my lack of experience when it comes to cans but, what type of connector go into the cups of the Aeon?
    I couldn't find the info on the 2 Aeon pages on MrSpeakers.com
    I'd like to know that as I'm talking with Trevor from Norne Audio, gonna place an order to have cables made in synchrony with the release of the Aeon. 
    I did see a "Hirose" mentioned in this review http://audio-head.com/mrspeakers-aeon-review/
    Is that another name for mini XLR or XLR ?

I hope I don't sound like I'm dissing the dummer cable, but I need a 4ft one with 4.4mm TRRRS for my Sony WM1 dap

6. x RELIC x Contributor

It's a Hirose connector, as you mention, not mini-XLR, and it's also used on the Alpha Prime/ETHER headphones as well. Tell Trevor that it's the same connector for the ETHER headphones and he should know what to do.

Cagin likes this.
  7. uncola
    I've heard they are hirose/lemo compatible.. but not sure what the difference is between those two

8. Shawnb

They should have the same connector as the Primes and Ethers have.
    Mr. Speakers connectors work with all of their headphones, Dog, Prime, Ether, Ether-c, etc. all use the same connector
    I had the same idea to order a pair of cables from Norne as well, what ones are you looking at?
    But as x RELIC x said just let Trevor know they are for the Æeon's and you shouldn't have any issues

9. bluesaint
    How are the presentation of mids compared to ether c? Is it more intimate or recessed in comparison?

10. Stillhart
    Those are two different connectors. Mrspeakers uses Hirose, Focal Utopia uses Lemo.

11. mrspeakers Contributor

Because mass drop ships THOUSANDS more headphones than we do they get better rates. Some day... :)

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
    Kreylix likes this.
  12. Zachik

Hey Dan - would the Aeon be available for purchase at CanJam SoCal, or is it a few weeks too early for the Aeons to be ready?
    Also, if I buy at the show - would you still have to charge sales tax (I live in NorCal)?

13. shuto77

I would take that question offline. Wouldn't want MrSpeakers to get in trouble.

But, yeah, I'd be asking the same thing if I were you.

Zachik likes this.
  14. Cagin
    alrighty thanks
    I'm considering the Silvergarde S2 suggested by Trevor. I'm very happy with the 8conductors Therium for my Zeus R ciems, so I think I can reliably enjoy its equivalent for the Aeon. 4 conductors this time but thicker gauge.

Gonna start looking for a source for a nice rhodium plated connector.

15. reddog
    The Aeon sounds like a homerun for Mr. Speakers. I have preordered a Aeon, I need a light portable planar headphone, for when I am out and about.

First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last