1964 Ears
Jan 3, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #752 of 7,417
How much is it there? Mine is $50 and his name is Dr. Servedio. He's listed as one of the JHA recommended audiologists and is quite convenient when I go to Manhattan as there's a post office that's quite close so I can mail the impressions right there as well.

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #753 of 7,417
To tell you the truth I don't remember the cost. They told me last week, but with the holiday craziness it has slipped my mind. I can post the cost tomorrow.

They did say that they will post the impressions and order form for me though (don't know if that is standard, but seems nice enough). I got their name from a friend who works at Lincoln Center them have been to them in the past for my hearing exams. However, this is my first time doing impressions with them.

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #754 of 7,417
Let me know tomorrow. If it's cheaper than $50 or so that might be something to consider.

The audiologist I've gone to has not shipped for me but has put my impressions in some small bubble wrap and into a small paper box which I then ship it with. It only costs a bit more than $5 and probably ships faster than an audiologist so I won't complain.

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #760 of 7,417
Eric has not posted a formal review yet. I'm sure he would let us know here if he has.

As for quads and 602 I'm purely speculating based on the 601 but my guess is that the quads may not have the best synergy since it does seem like a bass and midrange earphone and the HM601 sounds best with a brighter earphone.

I just made an appointment for Wednesday so I'm hoping once it is ordered and such I'll get it by the end of January or first week of February. I was told that the 5-10 days turnaround should be back around mid January so mine will be coming in around the end of that time.

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #761 of 7,417

Quote:
Will the Quads be a good pairing with the HM-602?

I think thy would be fine. The quads are not rolled off at the top or anything. If there is a fault in the sound, it would be that the sound is slightly too warm for some songs. But I really think it would sound good, with amazing bass and overall sound. The 602 might have slightly better synergy with the Quads, but either one would probably do them justice.

Jan 3, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #762 of 7,417
Hello people. No, I have not posted my full review yet, but some pretty detailed impressions. Other projects, photo issues and some additional information have delayed me. I'm still shooting for this week (even if I have to forgo nice photos at the moment, although photos of my actual custom are on this thread a few posts back). It's coming. I know I'm stretching your patience, but that's why I've done so many impressions, hopefully to hold you over.

Jan 3, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #763 of 7,417
I had my impressions made earlier today.  They charged me $50 and offered to mail for free, but I opted to do it myself at UPS--I figured that the package would get there faster that way.  So now they should be in OR on Thursday instead of sometime next week.

Quote:
Let me know tomorrow. If it's cheaper than $50 or so that might be something to consider.

The audiologist I've gone to has not shipped for me but has put my impressions in some small bubble wrap and into a small paper box which I then ship it with. It only costs a bit more than $5 and probably ships faster than an audiologist so I won't complain.

Jan 3, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #764 of 7,417
Thanks. At $50 I might as well go to the guy I've gone to before. I did already make an appointment for Wednesday anyway so it works out for me. The post office is right there so won't be having them in my possession for too long. If it works out well I may get my current customs remolded and then a color change.

Just curious but did you ever make a decision with the triples or quads?

Jan 3, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #765 of 7,417

Quote:
I'll be making an appointment at an audiologist tomorrow and hopefully get something Wednesday or next week. I'll be getting the 1964-T and be getting light blue/light red with clear tips.

The total cost should be $410 so not too bad for a triple driver custom. They also keep the impressions on file so if I get something in the future (which will depend on how I like the triples) I get to save $60 on shipping+impressions

I'm guessing you've already discussed it and I just missed it, but what buying criteria led you to the 1964-T?  I noticed in your sig that your other customs are livewires trips, so I couldn't help but wonder whether buying another triple driver custom wasn't something of a lateral move. 

I'm sure they have different sound signatures, but in terms of overall sound quality, I don't imagine they're all that different, at least based on the feedback from project86. 

I wish I had the free cash to develop a small collection of custom IEM's like some here have.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back