1964 Ears
Dec 29, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #736 of 7,417

Quote:
@ ericp , lol  buddy, yes i guess your potential customer pool for your quads would be limited to someone called eric who likes a lot of sax and trumpet in his music.So did you get around to plugging the quads directly into your cd player yet ? if so what was the results ? .

Yes, and I posted that here for you @ luco (I forget the post number but it should be no more than two or three pages back, maybe four now). Basically I said it was much better without using the extension headphone cable, but quads have the best synergy with the Fiio E9/E7.

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #737 of 7,417
That is correct lucozade. I got myself a fairly inexpensive universal to match my preference better than the Brainwavz M2 and they probably will be there for different signatures for the times I need to use a universal over a custom. I also have 2 more budget universals that came bundled with a dap purchase I'm expecting in a month or so. I'll either keep them if I want some backups or sell them. I'm not sure which but I don't have them in my possession now anyway so no need to worry about that.

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #738 of 7,417
That's cool rarwster  , for myself i have plenty of iem's to enjoy and keep me entertained at the moment , it just depends what mood i am in and what i am doing at the time and what i am listening to as too which iem i use at any given time . 

Thanks ericp , i must have missed that post , i will look it up though .
normal_smile .gif

Dec 30, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #739 of 7,417
No worries, I just don't want to keep climbing when I know the endgame is customs.

Now the only question is to do the Quads or save up for the jump to JH...the price of the Quads is compelling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cee Tee, please don't misunderstand what I have said here. I still think the the FX700 is an outstanding universal IEM.

Dec 30, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #740 of 7,417
In the same price range with Quads, you can get only 2 drivers jh5pro.
jh audio custom that should be in the same level with Quads is jh11, with the same 2 lows 1 mid 1 hi ,which is $350 more expensive than Quads. IMO, I think it's reasonable if you save up for jh16pro or es5 which is the flag ship model.

Quote:
No worries, I just don't want to keep climbing when I know the endgame is customs.

Now the only question is to do the Quads or save up for the jump to JH...the price of the Quads is compelling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cee Tee, please don't misunderstand what I have said here. I still think the the FX700 is an outstanding universal IEM.

Dec 30, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #741 of 7,417
I think my fx700 is sold to a good heady.fi member. I try not to get too attached to material things, but I admit I'm a little sad...lol. They'll be in good hands (ears).

Dec 30, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #743 of 7,417

Quote:
The conversion is complete!
beerchug.gif
 I guess this is a pretty good endorsement for 1964 ears.

Oh, Eric is just like young Anakin pulled fresh from the Lava.  His training is not yet complete!  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #744 of 7,417

Quote:
I think my fx700 is sold to a good heady.fi member. I try not to get too attached to material things, but I admit I'm a little sad...lol. They'll be in good hands (ears).

Wait what! I haven't been around in a while you sold your Fx700....oh crap. I need to skip back a couple of pages ,why...tell me it's not because of the 1964's...

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #745 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:

Wait what! I haven't been around in a while you sold your Fx700....oh crap. I need to skip back a couple of pages ,why...tell me it's not because of the 1964's...

It is.

Dec 31, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #746 of 7,417
yep, the quad has hooked and pulled me in. I don't need the JVC or Sm3 anymore. i may keep the sm2 though.

Jan 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #748 of 7,417
Hello All,

I posted early in this thread and since I live in the Portland area mentioned I would give feedback on their location, ordering process, physical plant, etc.. I wanted to give a quick update. I am not a sound expert ($20 earbuds have always suited me fine) and will not be able to give quality sound feedback, I've had contact with Vitale and Roman via phone and in person. Their physical plant is located in NE Portland and is meager. It is clean and organized, but I now see at least a portion of why their prices are so reasonable. I dropped off my impressions 2 weeks ago and met Roman. He was very helpful; and suggested that I meet with Vitale to discuss color, graphics, and the like. I met Vitale last Wednesday and completed the order. He was very patient with a self admitted Newbie and walked me through the order. He was extremely informative about the whole process. It was very interesting. I decided on the quad in transparent orange with a red/orange metal flake faceplate. I purchased the exact metal flake I wanted from an automotive paint supply store ($12). That turned out to be a good idea because he has only a couple metal flakes to choose from. Probably something you'd want to do if you want metal flake. It should take 10-15 working days to complete the order. When they are done, I will pick them up and make sure they fit well. I guess the bottom line at this point is that they are a reputable business and they seem to know what they're doing. To be continued.

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #749 of 7,417
Thanks for keeping us posted. I think you will be blown away by the sound. Heck, EricP is, and he has used almost every top level universal there is. Be sure to read this whole thread at some point, as there are many useful discussions. Finally, when you want even more amazement, EricP says the Fiio E7 and E9 combo makes the quads even better. I look forward to your impressions, as I am sort of a noob myself.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #750 of 7,417
I'll be making an appointment at an audiologist tomorrow and hopefully get something Wednesday or next week. I'll be getting the 1964-T and be getting light blue/light red with clear tips.

The total cost should be $410 so not too bad for a triple driver custom. They also keep the impressions on file so if I get something in the future (which will depend on how I like the triples) I get to save $60 on shipping+impressions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back