1964 Ears
Jan 5, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #782 of 7,417
I got light blue with clear tips and light red with clear tips for the left and right.

I seriously need to start going to a different audiologist. He told me he was a dealer for Westone and told me about the ES5 and then mentioned some stuff about JHA products

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #783 of 7,417
I just received mine today. The interior of the pelican case is a little different than everyone else reported. The case has the regular black single compartment rubber liner, no foam cut-out. It's the same as you see on the Pelican website. The top still has the foam pad with the 1964 Ears logo. Other accessories are headphone adapter, wax removal tool, ear gel, shirt clip. the IEM is inside a small drawstring pouch. I actually prefer this design. I can just carry the pouch and leave the case at home. 

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #786 of 7,417
Funny. Got my additional information. It will be posted any day now. Quads will never be sold, but I may buy another custom or universal.

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #787 of 7,417

Quote:
1964 have posted that the reason and the main difference between the livewires is that they don't use damping filters.
Drivers are the same but who knows about the configuration/tuning.

Think you might have misunderstood the response from 1964 Ears. They only claimed that the bass between 1964-D and LiveWire Duals is about the same but the Duals may have more mid-high because LW does not use damping filters. The physical drivers are not the same.

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #788 of 7,417

Quote:
I got light blue with clear tips and light red with clear tips for the left and right.

I seriously need to start going to a different audiologist. He told me he was a dealer for Westone and told me about the ES5 and then mentioned some stuff about JHA products

He didn't touch you somewhere naughty did he?  Or are you not allowed to say...
tongue.gif

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #790 of 7,417
There's nothing wrong about him touching your lobe, ear lobe of course. 

Quote:
Quote:

He didn't touch you somewhere naughty did he?  Or are you not allowed to say...
tongue.gif

Jan 6, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #791 of 7,417
Can you share some picts of that please?

Quote:
I just received mine today. The interior of the pelican case is a little different than everyone else reported. The case has the regular black single compartment rubber liner, no foam cut-out. It's the same as you see on the Pelican website. The top still has the foam pad with the 1964 Ears logo. Other accessories are headphone adapter, wax removal tool, ear gel, shirt clip. the IEM is inside a small drawstring pouch. I actually prefer this design. I can just carry the pouch and leave the case at home. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #792 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:
Can someone comment on built quality? How does it compre to UM or JH or Westone? Some pics, maybe?

Only two people I know of here - jermng and project - have heard the 1964 EARS products and other customs. But for me, personally, the built quality is outstanding on the quad. If you go back a few pages you find actual photos of my quad. They look pretty spot on (but better with the naked eye).

The quality is very good overall. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #793 of 7,417

Interesting. Look like they make some improvement , aren't they?
Quote:

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #794 of 7,417
Yes. Interesting indeed. :) 

Both my Quads and my wife's Triples have the foam cut-out and no pouch. 

My new pair of triples are coming in a week or two - I'm curious to see which version I get. :) 

Any impressions on the sound yet? :) 

Quote:
Quote:

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #795 of 7,417
@Bullseye, I will post pictures this weekend.

@Jermng, I need more listening time, I have the Quads, and a remold of SM3 (by 1964). Too early to do serious comparison at this moment. Hopefully, in the near future, I will do a 3 way comparison of the Quads, the SM3 remold and the stock SM3 (a second pair in my possession). I use the stock gray tips on SM3. 

On a separate note, the remold service is very basic. only comes with the drawstring pouch. it's a nice black pouch with 1964 Ears logo printed in white, and perfect size. I think they did some testing before the remold, because when i shipped them off, i took off the stock bi-flange. Then when I got them back, with the broken plastic shells in a ziplog bag, there are clear silicon single flange tips on them. 

Quote:
Yes. Interesting indeed. :) 

Both my Quads and my wife's Triples have the foam cut-out and no pouch. 

My new pair of triples are coming in a week or two - I'm curious to see which version I get. :) 

Any impressions on the sound yet? :) 

Quote:
Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back