1964 Ears
Jan 30, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #6,541 of 7,417
  I had the chance to do a short comparison between the universal V6S and my custom pair. My suspicion is confirmed -  the demo pair had noticeably more energy at the top. However, the interesting thing is despite the darker and warmer sound, my custom pair sounded better than the universal. Specially the sound stage and the depth of presentation was quite a bit better along with a more robust bass response. 

I noticed that when I put some bi-flanges tips on my universal ones, the seal and sq also improved by quite a bit...

Agreed. Speaking of bass, V6 stage has made me realize how much bass information is missing from my other iems. Bass guitars are full of texture and even the very low rumbling notes are well articulated and impeccably detailed. The Dunu DN1000, for example, has a lot of bass but comes across as one dimensional and seems to be doing just a lot of "air movement" compared to the life-like detailing of the V6 stage. I am loving it!

So, does this mean your ''problem'' is solved now?

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #6,542 of 7,417
Well i was talking about the bass specifically. About my "problem", my impressions of them being a bit dark still remains. I actually like the sound. My only concern is that since it is a noticeable difference from the demo, whether my pair specifically has any issues or not. I am still waiting for 1964's response.

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #6,544 of 7,417
Loving my V6S! I do think I am not getting a very good seal wth my right though. So think I am going to have to send back to get that fixed. I'm gonna listen for a few more days though before making that decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #6,545 of 7,417
Question,
Why recessed sockets?
With recessed sockets, is it difficult to change cables?

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #6,546 of 7,417
Question,

Why recessed sockets?

With recessed sockets, is it difficult to change cables?

-So it's harder for the connectors to bend if something were to happen.
-No, it's really not difficult to switch cables.

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #6,547 of 7,417
So trying to figure out still if I need a refit lol. These are my first IEMs. My right ear just doesn't feel as full as my left. I can't really hear any ambient noise leaking but it seems that suction I get in my left ear isn't there in the right. I don't know if this is just the difference between ears or if it isn't sealing as well. I am not sure I am good enough to actually notice a difference in sound quality from ear to ear thoug.

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #6,548 of 7,417
So trying to figure out still if I need a refit lol. These are my first IEMs. My right ear just doesn't feel as full as my left. I can't really hear any ambient noise leaking but it seems that suction I get in my left ear isn't there in the right. I don't know if this is just the difference between ears or if it isn't sealing as well. I am not sure I am good enough to actually notice a difference in sound quality from ear to ear thoug.

If you are not hearing any channel imbalances (one side louder than the other), there most likely is no seal issue. You can try to do a frequency sweep and see whether the sound remains centered across the entire audible frequency range.

Usually I like to use this to check - http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #6,552 of 7,417
After listening Moreno realized I was getting ambient noise leaking in through my right ear. My right ear didn't feel as full as my left. I also had the urge to push it in all the time. Almost like it was slipping out. I mailed it back yesterday for a refit. Now the waiting game begins again haha. I am loving the sound of the V6S though!

Feb 5, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #6,555 of 7,417
  Yea it dissapeared from their website about a month ago. Also got rid of some of their logo options (I wanted the modern 1964 and that wasnt't available anymore when I ordered like 2 weeks ago).

Wow - I like the "modern" and the thick 1964 logos.... I wonder why they would drop them......

Like these... (my V6S in white and V8 in red)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back