1964 Ears
Jan 26, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #6,511 of 7,417
I just got a notification from fedex that a shipment label has been created!!!!!! Hopefully I will get my V6s tomorrow and I can enjoy them during the blizzard! I am in NYC haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work in NJ and we are closed tomorrow SNOW DAY.  NY is going to get slammed with snow good luck everybody was out buying bread milk and eggs for the storm do they plan on eating French toast everyday. I have been looking into maybe buying the V6 Stage but not sure yet. I want a reference pair of monitors also cant make my mind up between the V6 Stage or Ultimate Ears UERM. I think I would get more use of the V6 stage.

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #6,512 of 7,417

I work in NJ and we are closed tomorrow SNOW DAY.  NY is going to get slammed with snow good luck everybody was out buying bread milk and eggs for the storm do they plan on eating French toast everyday. I have been looking into maybe buying the V6 Stage but not sure yet. I want a reference pair of monitors also cant make my mind up between the V6 Stage or Ultimate Ears UERM. I think I would get more use of the V6 stage.

Have you considered the JH13? If you really want reference, UERM is the way to go. If you want something slightly more fun yet still being mostly flat/neutralish go for the V6-Stage or JH13. JH13 beats the V6-Stage in the bass department hands down IMO in terms of extension and impact.

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #6,513 of 7,417
I am having way too much anxiety over the possibility of a refit! These are also my first CIEM's so I am worried about knowing the difference of just adjusting to them and needing a refit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it makes you feel better......Mine fit great the 1st time around. No need for a refit here. 

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #6,514 of 7,417
For those of you who have been using the V6 stage, how would you describe the treble presence? Some comparison with your universals/ other iems might be helpful. I have a suspicion my pair has a significantly reduced treble presence compared to what others are hearing. 

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #6,516 of 7,417
Have you considered the JH13? If you really want reference, UERM is the way to go. If you want something slightly more fun yet still being mostly flat/neutralish go for the V6-Stage or JH13. JH13 beats the V6-Stage in the bass department hands down IMO in terms of extension and impact.

Never gave thought to the JH13 and it only cost a little more then UERM I like bass but I am not a bass head at all. I really like the price of the V6-S. What really attracts me to UE is how they print the shells using stereolithography 3-D printing and they come out flawless.

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #6,517 of 7,417
Never gave thought to the JH13 and it only cost a little more then UERM I like bass but I am not a bass head at all. I really like the price of the V6-S. What really attracts me to UE is how they print the shells using stereolithography 3-D printing and they come out flawless.

The JH13 is by no means a bass head IEM (you'll need to get the JH16 or V8 for that). But the bass is ever so slightly more emphasized on the V6-S (giving a bit more impact), and extends a bit farther, which is why in the end I chose the JH13 over the V6-S. I never feel the need to EQ my music when listening to the JH13, everything always sounds just right to my ears.

Jan 27, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #6,518 of 7,417

The JH13 is by no means a bass head IEM (you'll need to get the JH16 or V8 for that). But the bass is ever so slightly more emphasized on the V6-S (giving a bit more impact), and extends a bit farther, which is why in the end I chose the JH13 over the V6-S. I never feel the need to EQ my music when listening to the JH13, everything always sounds just right to my ears.

I know this is a hard question to answer  I use the UE 900S and CKR10, I don't know if you ever heard them before. Would the V6S be a huge upgrade over sound quality?

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #6,519 of 7,417
I know this is a hard question to answer  I use the UE 900S and CKR10, I don't know if you ever heard them before. Would the V6S be a huge upgrade over sound quality?

Hopefully it's OK to jump in on your conversation with Starfly.

While I've never heard the UE900, I did own the W4 and still own the SM64. Most would consider these two IEMs direct competitors to the UE900. My V6-Stage universals are a notable and very much worthwhile upgrade over both.

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #6,520 of 7,417
Hopefully it's OK to jump in on your conversation with Starfly.

While I've never heard the UE900, I did own the W4 and still own the SM64. Most would consider these two IEMs direct competitors to the UE900. My V6-Stage universals are a notable and very much worthwhile upgrade over both.

Thanks for the information I like the UE900S a lot they sound unbelievable. And I have never heard the W4 but there are a lot of good reviews. Would you say the  V6S  has more bass then the W4?

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #6,522 of 7,417
Thanks for the information I like the UE900S a lot they sound unbelievable. And I have never heard the W4 but there are a lot of good reviews. Would you say the  V6S  has more bass then the W4?

Yes more bass, and better bass too.
Deeper sub-bass extension, no upper bass hump bleeding into the mids, and greater clarity / detail / positioning down low (across the entire spectrum, actually).

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #6,525 of 7,417
Treble of the V6-Stage is better extended and gives more clarity & detail than: TF10, W2, W4 & SM64.

Hope that helps!

P.S. Sorry to ask the obvious, but have you tried a different player/source?

I can hear the extension and detail, but the quantity is really subdued. It sounds darker than the GR07, and almost dull compared to the DN1K. The demo did not sound like this at all, it was very crisp and lively. I have no idea what is wrong :frowning2:.......it does not seem to be a fit issue as the seal is great and the bass is very good too.

I am using the Fiio X5 as a source. I have tried Fiio X3 so far, and the result was worse. It became even darker.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back