1964 Ears
Jan 28, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #6,526 of 7,417
On V6S Bass: I find it's substantial and extends way down - Detectable to around 15Hz with those sine wave tracks, if those are anywhere near accurate (by the sound they seem reasonably so). Hevy bass track hit HARD.

On treble: Crisp, clear and bright throughout never sounding tinny. My reference for this statement is only based on hearing very fine/discrete high KHz bells, cymbals and other such instruments that are not typically as noticeable and defined (in my limited experience). I recall the treble was nicely present somewhere around 17kHz on various sine wave tracks. Again, who knows how precise of a measurement those are and then there's the differences in people's hearing acuity.

On 3-D printing: Though it may be extremely accurate and precise, I don't fully buy into it for creating the best final outcome. I would prefer to have a homogenous formation rather than a thousands of individually 'set' layer barriers. I am not however an expert in the process.

As far as SQ upgrade, the V6S slaughters my quite decent Super-Fi5 (and for what its worth, Parrot ZIK BT headphones). Very much worth the price is the V6S.

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #6,527 of 7,417
On V6S Bass: I find it's substantial and extends way down - Detectable to around 15Hz with those sine wave tracks, if those are anywhere near accurate (by the sound they seem reasonably so). Hevy bass track hit HARD.

On treble: Crisp, clear and bright throughout never sounding tinny. My reference for this statement is only based on hearing very fine/discrete high KHz bells, cymbals and other such instruments that are not typically as noticeable and defined (in my limited experience). I recall the treble was nicely present somewhere around 17kHz on various sine wave tracks. Again, who knows how precise of a measurement those are and then there's the differences in people's hearing acuity.

On 3-D printing: Though it may be extremely accurate and precise, I don't fully buy into it for creating the best final outcome. I would prefer to have a homogenous formation rather than a thousands of individually 'set' layer barriers. I am not however an expert in the process.

As far as SQ upgrade, the V6S slaughters my quite decent Super-Fi5 (and for what its worth, Parrot ZIK BT headphones). Very much worth the price is the V6S.

This was exactly my impression regarding the demo universal, and exactly how I hear my V6 Stage custom with the X5 EQ maxxed out for 8Khz and 16 Khz. I am just completely bummed out about why is it like this. 1964 have not yet replied my email but I am convinced something is wrong :frowning2:

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #6,528 of 7,417
  This was exactly my impression regarding the demo universal, and exactly how I hear my V6 Stage custom with the X5 EQ maxxed out for 8Khz and 16 Khz. I am just completely bummed out about why is it like this. 1964 have not yet replied my email but I am convinced something is wrong :frowning2:

I also have a V6S (uf though) and recognize/share Mr-Mike's sound description.

Maybe they've accidentaly implemented 2 ''mid'' or ''low'' drivers where the 2 ''high'' drivers should have been? Or the ''high'' ones are just not good / defective. Is there any noticable difference between your L & R side? And maybe something's wrong with your cable, did you try your V6S with another one?

Anyway, I thought they checked them all before shipping, so it would be very strange if this would be the case. Hopefully they'll help you out soon with this issue, so you also can start enjoying them...

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #6,529 of 7,417

Could it be that one of the sound tubes is clogged up? I believe each set of dual-drivers has their own soundtube, one for bass/mids/highs.

Try using the included cleaning tool to clean them out (with the tubes facing down so gravity helps you to get any stuff stuck in there fall out).

Otherwise maybe the way the fit is working with your ears, the treble soundtubes are somehow not firing directly into your ear canal, but more to the side or something? Just speculating here.

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #6,530 of 7,417
73f0783640a752b5a700dbd573f3f29d.jpg
d101b8ee9be3f3161481e433dc918752.jpg
f6a23ce22473d6e2d0cd993b8a9d0f00.jpg
0f6268864e5e5a22cda2a469b880cd47.jpg
290cb1e4e9b1722fa733ee505293d225.jpg
de5e75d0149fabcf7185d9dff2771e7e.jpg
b266fdcae0f9f83116fcab819e3787d7.jpg

Finally got them! V6S! I will post more later. This is my first pair of CIEMs. I am at work so only have been able to put them in for a moment but they seemed to fit great and u am amazed at how much noise they cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #6,531 of 7,417
I'm happy for you dude! Hopefully mine aren't too far off.

BTW if you're concerned about revealing your surname, you might want to edit your previous posts where you posted pics of the order status. 

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #6,533 of 7,417
  I also have a V6S (uf though) and recognize/share Mr-Mike's sound description.

Maybe they've accidentaly implemented 2 ''mid'' or ''low'' drivers where the 2 ''high'' drivers should have been? Or the ''high'' ones are just not good / defective. Is there any noticable difference between your L & R side? And maybe something's wrong with your cable, did you try your V6S with another one?

Anyway, I thought they checked them all before shipping, so it would be very strange if this would be the case. Hopefully they'll help you out soon with this issue, so you also can start enjoying them...

I can see the dual high drivers so it cannot be a mix up of drivers and I am more than sure a mistake like this would not get past 1964 QC. There are no differences between the L and R. I have tried other cables and they did not make much difference. The general recession in the treble just remain no matter what. I did notice that the high drivers are like wayyyyy back in the shell, and the sound tube is really long and bent before connecting to the bore.I don't know if this could be related.

Could it be that one of the sound tubes is clogged up? I believe each set of dual-drivers has their own soundtube, one for bass/mids/highs.

Try using the included cleaning tool to clean them out (with the tubes facing down so gravity helps you to get any stuff stuck in there fall out).

Otherwise maybe the way the fit is working with your ears, the treble soundtubes are somehow not firing directly into your ear canal, but more to the side or something? Just speculating here.

Clogged up sound tubes was my first suspicion and I have tried cleaning them several times. There is nothing inside. The fit could be an issue though. I have a very snug and somewhat tight fit, but I am not sure if somehow the high frequency bores are getting blocked. I will look into it.

Thanks for the inputs guys! I just hope 1964 Ears finds the time to give me a response soon enough.  

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #6,536 of 7,417
Shouldn't break seal too easily, meaning as you move around normally they should still maintain the seal.

Jan 29, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #6,537 of 7,417
Quick question about assessing fit. This is my first pair so not sure exactly what to look for. I know soreness but anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It also shouldn't sound muffled, which could mean that either one of the drivers is defective, soundtubes are clogged, or they aren't aimed straight into your ear canal, but more to like your ear canal walls.

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #6,538 of 7,417
I had the chance to do a short comparison between the universal V6S and my custom pair. My suspicion is confirmed -  the demo pair had noticeably more energy at the top. However, the interesting thing is despite the darker and warmer sound, my custom pair sounded better than the universal. Specially the sound stage and the depth of presentation was quite a bit better along with a more robust bass response. 

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #6,540 of 7,417
Better seal with the customs probably helped with the bass.

Agreed. Speaking of bass, V6 stage has made me realize how much bass information is missing from my other iems. Bass guitars are full of texture and even the very low rumbling notes are well articulated and impeccably detailed. The Dunu DN1000, for example, has a lot of bass but comes across as one dimensional and seems to be doing just a lot of "air movement" compared to the life-like detailing of the V6 stage. I am loving it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back