1964 Ears
Feb 5, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #6,556 of 7,417
Yea I was waiting to go down to Portland to demo the models when they changed it, I wanted the modern like you have but then didn't have that option. I am not a huge fan of the double line that looks like the one they want to stick with. Hopefully mine will be coming in the next 2 weeks.

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #6,558 of 7,417
Hey guys,

Although we are phasing out our old style logos and they are no longer available on our IEM designer, if you are a Kickstarter backer and your order has not progressed past the logo stage you may send us an email and request us to change your order.

Thanks for your support,
Daniel

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #6,560 of 7,417
After ordering my V6's back on Black Friday and having to wait over a month before I could get usable impression, they've finally shipped today! Very excited to get my hands on my first set of truly high-end headphones. :D

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #6,561 of 7,417
After ordering my V6's back on Black Friday and having to wait over a month before I could get usable impression, they've finally shipped today! Very excited to get my hands on my first set of truly high-end headphones.
biggrin.gif

Great news! Waiting for your impressions.

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #6,562 of 7,417

I have spent the last 2 days listening to my V6S through the silver balanced cable I got yesterday - iMac > ALO Island > V6S

Man, oh man - I don't this there is anything available with more value for the money that the V6S at $699... I had never even plugged any of my cables to this bad boy until yesterday as it sounded great with the cheapie gray cable from 1964. Silver + balanced = OMG. Soundstage was always a strength with these - the box has gotten bigger and clearer. Punchy? Mike Tyson is after my ears. 
wink_face.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #6,563 of 7,417
Nice man!

I have spent the last 2 days listening to my V6S through the silver balanced cable I got yesterday - iMac > ALO Island > V6S

Man, oh man - I don't this there is anything available with more value for the money that the V6S at $699... I had never even plugged any of my cables to this bad boy until yesterday as it sounded great with the cheapie gray cable from 1964. Silver + balanced = OMG. Soundstage was always a strength with these - the box has gotten bigger and clearer. Punchy? Mike Tyson is after my ears. 
wink_face.gif

Nice man!! 

How is the bass? Is it fast enough for dance and alternative rock (Franz Ferdinand and Arctic Monkeys)? 

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #6,568 of 7,417

Man, oh man - I don't this there is anything available with more value for the money that the V6S at $699... I had never even plugged any of my cables to this bad boy until yesterday as it sounded great with the cheapie gray cable from 1964. Silver + balanced = OMG. Soundstage was always a strength with these - the box has gotten bigger and clearer. Punchy? Mike Tyson is after my ears. :wink_face:  

Good for you! I too am very happy with the V6S. Tell me more about the cable. I was impressed with your experience and didn't think the difference would be so substantial, now I want one. Which model did you get and is it supple like the stock cable i.e. just falls out straight after being coiled up? Do the connectors fit properly?

Thank you!

Feb 11, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #6,569 of 7,417
Its been seven months and I still love my V3s like the day, I received them. Eventhough, its sharing head time with SE846. Best $449 ever spent.

Question for people with lighter colour transaparent shells:
Are you seeing discolouration from ear wax?
Mine is turning yellow on the inside of tips.

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #6,570 of 7,417
  Nice man!
Nice man!! 

How is the bass? Is it fast enough for dance and alternative rock (Franz Ferdinand and Arctic Monkeys)? 

Bass is extremely present and punchy. When I was researching them - I read Joker's review, and when he stated that the bass was elevated compared to the ER4PT, I was expecting a small bump, but it is in another league - it isn't a cannon, but it rumbles nicely down low and is really quick with great timbre. I also haven't heard any of the "tizzy" highs - no sibilance and no hot treble. It is clear with great air and sparkle - but no rough edges. Honestly, if I only had one pair of headphones and the V6S was it (and I didn't spend much time on Head-Fi) I would be in heaven.. It is that good (IMO)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back