1964 Ears
Feb 11, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #6,571 of 7,417
Its been seven months and I still love my V3s like the day, I received them. Eventhough, its sharing head time with SE846. Best $449 ever spent.

Question for people with lighter colour transaparent shells:
Are you seeing discolouration from ear wax?
Mine is turning yellow on the inside of tips.

Its been seven months and I still love my V3s like the day, I received them. Eventhough, its sharing head time with SE846. Best $449 ever spent.

Question for people with lighter colour transaparent shells:
Are you seeing discolouration from ear wax?
Mine is turning yellow on the inside of tips.

I clean mine after every use - I have a few transparent CIEMs and as long as I am fastidious, there is no residue left after usage to discolor the nozzles.

Good for you! I too am very happy with the V6S. Tell me more about the cable. I was impressed with your experience and didn't think the difference would be so substantial, now I want one. Which model did you get and is it supple like the stock cable i.e. just falls out straight after being coiled up? Do the connectors fit properly?

Thank you!

The silver cable is a Ted's Headphone lounge 25.5awg braided cable with a simple RSA plug. It rolls nicely and is soft to the touch. The Litz models are a bit thicker, but those are also very ergonomic I have 4 Litz cables from Ted - two copper (2pin & MMCX) and two silver (2pin & MMCX) - the connectors all fit very well - the 2pin ones seat firmly and slip into the CIEMs I have with recessed sockets as well as flush sockets - much better than stock.

Feb 11, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #6,572 of 7,417

I clean mine after every use - I have a few transparent CIEMs and as long as I am fastidious, there is no residue left after usage to discolor the nozzles.

Ohh, I clean mine once a month. I read somewhere, advising not to clean the wax often (off CIEM), since it acts as lubricant and aids easier insertion.

Feb 11, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #6,574 of 7,417
  Ohh, I clean mine once a month. I read somewhere, advising not to clean the wax often (off CIEM), since it acts as lubricant and aids easier insertion.

Well, that is what is causing the discoloration - if you have any issues with insertion, there is an item that comes with Westone CIEMs - Oto-Ease (?) that won't affect the finish of the headphone - the wax (or anything produced by the human body) can be corrosive - and that COULD be the problem - I'm not saying it is as gospel - but my experience has been the cleaner the IEM, the better it holds up.

There was a time (most CIEM manufacturers have switched acrylic compounds) where most clear CIEMs would discolor no matter what you did with it - not really the case now.

Feb 12, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #6,578 of 7,417
My V6-S arrived on Tuesday! Been enjoying them ever since!

Quick question -- my right ear is perfect; the seal is great, the fit is super comfortable, etc. the left ear, however, feels really really tight; and sometimes when I move my mouth in slightly awkward positions the left seal feels like it may come loose, although it never really does -- it just feels different. Over the last 2 days the left ear definitely has started to feel more "comfrotable" but still not quite as perfect as the right -- is a refit necessary? 

These are my first pair of cIEMs so I'm just curious if others settle for something just slightly "less than perfect"?

Feb 12, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #6,579 of 7,417
  My V6-S arrived on Tuesday! Been enjoying them ever since!

Quick question -- my right ear is perfect; the seal is great, the fit is super comfortable, etc. the left ear, however, feels really really tight; and sometimes when I move my mouth in slightly awkward positions the left seal feels like it may come loose, although it never really does -- it just feels different. Over the last 2 days the left ear definitely has started to feel more "comfrotable" but still not quite as perfect as the right -- is a refit necessary? 

These are my first pair of cIEMs so I'm just curious if others settle for something just slightly "less than perfect"?

I would wait a week before sending it in for re-fit. I had the same issue with one ear for the first 2-3 day. After a week and a half, both sides were equally comfortable and fit/seal was perfect.

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #6,580 of 7,417
1964ears just announced on their facebook page that they have terminated Caesar Palace and am working with Acoustic Legacy as their new dealer/distributor for Hong Kong.

For Head-Fiers in Hong Kong, please take note!

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #6,581 of 7,417
They arrived! Say hello to my very first CIEMs!

The wait was hard (although to 1964's credit only about a month from receiving my impressions)

Two of my favourite Rush albums and I couldn't be happier with how the art work turned out!

They sound great to my ears and the fit seems ok initially, some pops if I manipulate my jaw but it doesn't seem to affect the sound noticeably, might just be a case of my ears getting used to their first CIEMs.

Excuse me while I go back to my listening!

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #6,582 of 7,417
They look great! Which model did you get?

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #6,583 of 7,417
  They arrived! Say hello to my very first CIEMs!

Two of my favourite Rush albums and I couldn't be happier with how the art work turned out!  
Excuse me while I go back to my listening!

''HELLO!!!''

These really look amazing...maybe the most beautiful ciems I've seen so far...but hey I'm a Rush fan myself (still one of the best live acts I've ever seen and I've been to quite some concerts) for most of my life, so it's not easy being neutral in this case
wink.gif

Congrats and you're excused...

Feb 13, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #6,584 of 7,417
  I would wait a week before sending it in for re-fit. I had the same issue with one ear for the first 2-3 day. After a week and a half, both sides were equally comfortable and fit/seal was perfect.

thanks! they're getting more and more comfortable although the left still doesn't feel as "natural" as the right does .. such a tough decision! 

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #6,585 of 7,417
I can read "V8" on the backside of the CIEM - Congrats on the purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back