1964 Ears
Mar 2, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #6,602 of 7,417
I believe this is not by any chance.

I do have some comparison with other CIEMs, and that V6 sound for this amount of money?? They pulled it off on purpose..
Hard to believe, but closest match to Layla from whatever I heard before.

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #6,603 of 7,417

I do have some comparison with other CIEMs, and that V6 sound for this amount of money?? They pulled it off on purpose..

So what your saying is the V6 sounds more like the Layla then anything else you have heard?

Mar 2, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #6,604 of 7,417

Sounds like some conspiracy going on... 
popcorn.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #6,606 of 7,417
My Custom V6 Stage is technically superior to any of my current universals - I would say they were better than any of the universal I used to own, but considering the Ref1 & 1+2, the V6S is a different flavor - equally proficient - with an expansive soundstage - maybe not as big as the Tralucent IEMs - but the V6S fit perfectly, are more coherent and don't exhibit driver flex. 

Their biggest flaw is that they aren't more expensive - I also have never experienced the treble spikes that Joker mentions in his review - no sibilance whatsoever. They can be bright, but that's part of their signature.

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #6,607 of 7,417
My Custom V6 Stage is technically superior to any of my current universals - I would say they were better than any of the universal I used to own, but considering the Ref1 & 1+2, the V6S is a different flavor - equally proficient - with an expansive soundstage - maybe not as big as the Tralucent IEMs - but the V6S fit perfectly, are more coherent and don't exhibit driver flex. 

Their biggest flaw is that they aren't more expensive - I also have never experienced the treble spikes that Joker mentions in his review - no sibilance whatsoever. They can be bright, but that's part of their signature.

Wow based on your current signature I am completely sold. Thank you for reconfirming my choice! :)

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #6,608 of 7,417
Wow based on your current signature I am completely sold. Thank you for reconfirming my choice!
smily_headphones1.gif

You really cannot go wrong - six extremely coherent drivers - the mesh so well. Very capable IEM.... huge value.

Not that I don't love my V8 though - I think I just found a synergy made in heaven... I finally got around to hooking up my V8's to my Toxic Silver Poison and wow! - bass hits a bit harder, soundstage expands a bit and the highs move forward a little - all nuances as this is simply a cable - but the one that comes standard isn't brilliant - far from it (which free ones are?) so the differences are easily heard (IMO - at least for me)

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #6,609 of 7,417

Originally Posted by Ivabign /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not that I don't love my V8 though - I think I just found a synergy made in heaven... I finally got around to hooking up my V8's to my Toxic Silver Poison and wow! - bass hits a bit harder, soundstage expands a bit and the highs move forward a little - all nuances as this is simply a cable - but the one that comes standard isn't brilliant - far from it (which free ones are?) so the differences are easily heard (IMO - at least for me)

These days I listen a lot with V6S (uf) and 1p2. Yes, soundstage of 1p2 is a bit bigger, but to my ears 1p2 is also the slightly brighter one of the two. I've read a lot about that the V6S should sound bright, but I just don't hear it that way (must be my crazy old ears). Maybe it's due to the cables on them, the (copper) Rhapsodio Panther MKII probably smoothens the sound on my V6S. I've got a Toxic Silver Widow iem cable coming in one of these days (ordered 6 weeks ago), curious on which one of these 2 it will end up...

Concerning synergy: V6S imo sounds magical straight out of the DX90, where 1p2 sounds a bit better out of my X5/C5 stack. On my recently purchased Pono player (had a lot of laughs about that one, untill I heard the sound coming out of it) I think they both sound equally good in different ways...

Mar 4, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #6,610 of 7,417

Reading Joker's review, I too was expecting sibilance and some tizzyness in the highs. But when I heard my custom I was completely taken aback with the lack tizzyness and sibilance. The "sss" sounds can be a bit emphasized at times, but it comes across as being quite soft and sounds more like an articulation of detail rather than sharp sibilance. 

The best part for me though, and again I was not expecting this from the popular reviews, was the bass. Th texture and detail is simply out of this world. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #6,611 of 7,417
Regarding sibilance, I find the V6-Stage to be quite true to the source material, giving what it gets. If a track is sibilant you'll hear it, if not you won't.

Ah yes, the bass detail. On a few tracks I have with really well recorded drums it's as if you're hearing the actual drum skins themselves.

And to highlight a point Ivabign has made, the coherency across all 6 drivers is excellent. You're never hearing multiple drivers, just one cohesive sound - with the same (excellent) level of detail, clarity and response across the entire frequency spectrum. IMHO, a lack of such coherency was a major flaw of the W4R. Decent bass detail, but muddy mid-bass and veiled lower mids, then decent upper mids with very good detail and sparkle on top.

If all is not working fully together the realism of the music suffers, and here the V6-Stage really shines!

Mar 7, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #6,612 of 7,417
Regarding sibilance, I find the V6-Stage to be quite true to the source material, giving what it gets. If a track is sibilant you'll hear it, if not you won't.

Ah yes, the bass detail. On a few tracks I have with really well recorded drums it's as if you're hearing the actual drum skins themselves.

And to highlight a point Ivabign has made, the coherency across all 6 drivers is excellent. You're never hearing multiple drivers, just one cohesive sound - with the same (excellent) level of detail, clarity and response across the entire frequency spectrum. IMHO, a lack of such coherency was a major flaw of the W4R. Decent bass detail, but muddy mid-bass and veiled lower mids, then decent upper mids with very good detail and sparkle on top.

If all is not working fully together the realism of the music suffers, and here the V6-Stage really shines!

Agreed. Coherency is definitely one of V6 stage's strong points. 

I am absolutely loving my V6 stage + DX90 combo right now. Super detailed and visceral bass, deep and wide soundstage, well composed highs. Add to that a very strong imaging capability and its audio heaven!

Mar 7, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #6,613 of 7,417
Haven't been on here for a while. I had a fit issues with my V6S and had to send them back. 1964 ears received them on Feb 6th and finally shipped them back out to me yesterday, March 6th. I would be lieing if I said I wasn't pretty disappointed in this refit time but can't wait to get my hands back on them. They should be here on Wednesday. I only got to listen to them for a couple days back in Feb. I had a small problem with the R ear sealing. Hopefully they are great with this refit.

You all taking about other cords. Which cords work with the V6S? Anybody know of a cord that has a iPhone mic and volume control in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 7, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #6,614 of 7,417
Hi guys, 

First time poster, long time lurker here. Just got my V6-Stages a few days ago. What can I say, it was well worth the wait!
I demo'd quite a few other units before settling on this one. 
Funny thing was, I hadn't even considered 1964Ears when I went for the testing session, I had my mind settled on the JH13Pro or the Miracles. 

Among the IEMs tested were: JH13, JH10, JH16, Roxanne, Miracles, a prototype 10 driver IEM by UM, V6, V6S, V8.
The JH13 and Miracles were a total let down during the test session, now to their defense it could be due to the fact that what I was listening to were demo units and the fit/sound/etc weren't correct. 

I was convinced that I hadn't found the IEM for me that day, until I was handed the V6S.
Two words. Blown Away. It had the sound that I was craving for. I still remember the sound of the demo unit, it was smooth, if some of you here have heard the Westone W60, it had that creamy smoothness. It had lush mids, which for me was perfect as I listen mainly to guitar-driven Rock. 
My previous IEMs were the Ultimate Ears UE900, which has served me absolutely fantastically for the past 2 years. Coming from the UE900, one immediately notices the deeper bass on the V6S. It is not in your face, but you feel it, that to me is how bass should be.  

I've got lots of photos, but apparently I haven't achieved the minimum number of posts to be able to change anything yet. (Heck I can't even change my avatar pic!) So this Instagram link would have to suffice for the time being!

https://instagram.com/p/z3I-8bpO3D/?modal=true

It's currently plugged into my Audioengine D1 DAC. I'm planning on getting an amp to take over amp-ing duties in the near future. 
Happy listening folks!

Mar 7, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #6,615 of 7,417
Congrats on your new V6-Stage - if that's your first custom, you made a good choice - they are a great IEM. (Blue and white look good too.)

I like how the comment on your instagram from a friend has absolutely no idea what they are (or what you paid for them) and might not understand 
tongue.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi....

Sorry about your wallet 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back