1964 Ears
Mar 8, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #6,616 of 7,417
  Hi guys, 

First time poster, long time lurker here. Just got my V6-Stages a few days ago. What can I say, it was well worth the wait!
I demo'd quite a few other units before settling on this one. 
Funny thing was, I hadn't even considered 1964Ears when I went for the testing session, I had my mind settled on the JH13Pro or the Miracles. 

Among the IEMs tested were: JH13, JH10, JH16, Roxanne, Miracles, a prototype 10 driver IEM by UM, V6, V6S, V8.
The JH13 and Miracles were a total let down during the test session, now to their defense it could be due to the fact that what I was listening to were demo units and the fit/sound/etc weren't correct. 

I was convinced that I hadn't found the IEM for me that day, until I was handed the V6S.
Two words. Blown Away. It had the sound that I was craving for. I still remember the sound of the demo unit, it was smooth, if some of you here have heard the Westone W60, it had that creamy smoothness. It had lush mids, which for me was perfect as I listen mainly to guitar-driven Rock. 
My previous IEMs were the Ultimate Ears UE900, which has served me absolutely fantastically for the past 2 years. Coming from the UE900, one immediately notices the deeper bass on the V6S. It is not in your face, but you feel it, that to me is how bass should be.  

I've got lots of photos, but apparently I haven't achieved the minimum number of posts to be able to change anything yet. (Heck I can't even change my avatar pic!) So this Instagram link would have to suffice for the time being!

https://instagram.com/p/z3I-8bpO3D/?modal=true

It's currently plugged into my Audioengine D1 DAC. I'm planning on getting an amp to take over amp-ing duties in the near future. 
Happy listening folks!

So jealous of your V6S. The Canadian dollar is so bad right now buying anything in the US would automatically mean a 1.25x increase in price. I guess I'll have to wait until boxing day or whenever the Canadian dollar goes back up (which is probably gonna be another few years....)

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #6,617 of 7,417
So jealous of your V6S. The Canadian dollar is so bad right now buying anything in the US would automatically mean a 1.25x increase in price. I guess I'll have to wait until boxing day or whenever the Canadian dollar goes back up (which is probably gonna be another few years....)

In a similar boat to you re: exchange rate Cuiter., and it sucks :frowning2: But you know what ? I'm going to spring for the V6S anyway in a couple of weeks despite the automatic 20%+ on top from the getgo. It's only money :wink:)

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #6,618 of 7,417
  Congrats on your new V6-Stage - if that's your first custom, you made a good choice - they are a great IEM. (Blue and white look good too.)

I like how the comment on your instagram from a friend has absolutely no idea what they are (or what you paid for them) and might not understand 
tongue.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi....

Sorry about your wallet 

Yeah my friend had totally no idea 
etysmile.gif

Yes indeed they are my first pair of customs, and I'd like to think I made a wise choice. 

About my wallet, not wanting to come across as high and snobbish, but I'm into watches as well, and watches hurt wallets a LOT more than earphones 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #6,619 of 7,417
Hi guys, 

First time poster, long time lurker here. Just got my V6-Stages a few days ago. What can I say, it was well worth the wait!
I demo'd quite a few other units before settling on this one. 
Funny thing was, I hadn't even considered 1964Ears when I went for the testing session, I had my mind settled on the JH13Pro or the Miracles. 

Among the IEMs tested were: JH13, JH10, JH16, Roxanne, Miracles, a prototype 10 driver IEM by UM, V6, V6S, V8.
The JH13 and Miracles were a total let down during the test session, now to their defense it could be due to the fact that what I was listening to were demo units and the fit/sound/etc weren't correct. 

I was convinced that I hadn't found the IEM for me that day, until I was handed the V6S.
Two words. Blown Away. It had the sound that I was craving for. I still remember the sound of the demo unit, it was smooth, if some of you here have heard the Westone W60, it had that creamy smoothness. It had lush mids, which for me was perfect as I listen mainly to guitar-driven Rock. 
My previous IEMs were the Ultimate Ears UE900, which has served me absolutely fantastically for the past 2 years. Coming from the UE900, one immediately notices the deeper bass on the V6S. It is not in your face, but you feel it, that to me is how bass should be.  

I've got lots of photos, but apparently I haven't achieved the minimum number of posts to be able to change anything yet. (Heck I can't even change my avatar pic!) So this Instagram link would have to suffice for the time being!

https://instagram.com/p/z3I-8bpO3D/?modal=true

It's currently plugged into my Audioengine D1 DAC. I'm planning on getting an amp to take over amp-ing duties in the near future. 
Happy listening folks!

Great choice my friend.

Mar 8, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #6,620 of 7,417

If you think the Canadian dollar was bad, I'm in Australia my friend, and the Aussie dollar has been absolutely crap. 
I just closed my eyes and took the plunge 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #6,621 of 7,417
  If you think the Canadian dollar was bad, I'm in Australia my friend, and the Aussie dollar has been absolutely crap. 
I just closed my eyes and took the plunge 
bigsmile_face.gif

Haha I apologize for your wallet in advance from a fellow commonwealth citizen :) Guess I will have to do the same!

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #6,622 of 7,417
It helps the exchange rate when the CIEM is such a value in the first place - not a rationalization - maybe it is - but it works 
wink_face.gif

....but what the end result can be sonic bliss, sometimes you have to take the plunge

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #6,623 of 7,417

Haha I apologize for your wallet in advance from a fellow commonwealth citizen :) Guess I will have to do the same!

Which one are you looking at getting, if you dont mind me asking 
normal_smile .gif

It helps the exchange rate when the CIEM is such a value in the first place - not a rationalization - maybe it is - but it works 
wink_face.gif

....but what the end result can be sonic bliss, sometimes you have to take the plunge

Good thing for me is that I got it before my local AD raised prices. But yeah, we audiogeeks (sorry!) will pay anything for sonic bliss 
jecklinsmile.gif

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #6,624 of 7,417
Great choice my friend.

Hey thanks! I read your multi-iem reviews, seems like you're one of the few people that have heard the ClearTuneMonitor CT400. I haven't seen a thread on it yet, but I've tested it, and I'd say that it is a phenomenal IEM. Transparent mids, sparkly highs and with good bass to boot. If I were to get a second pair of customs it might very well be the CT400!

EDIT: Mods I hope this isn't too off topic!

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #6,625 of 7,417
Hey thanks! I read your multi-iem reviews, seems like you're one of the few people that have heard the ClearTuneMonitor CT400. I haven't seen a thread on it yet, but I've tested it, and I'd say that it is a phenomenal IEM. Transparent mids, sparkly highs and with good bass to boot. If I were to get a second pair of customs it might very well be the CT400!

EDIT: Mods I hope this isn't too off topic!

Yes, they are fantastic aren't they?? Did you get a chance to try the 500 or even the 6? They're all tuned rather differently but with a common house sound of punchy bass, clear mids and an even treble that isn't overly dipped or sibilant. The 500 has more focus on Mids and lower treble, and the 6 takes away some mid-focus and extends the treble emphasis a bit as well.

Mar 8, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #6,626 of 7,417
  Which one are you looking at getting, if you dont mind me asking 
normal_smile%20.gif

Good thing for me is that I got it before my local AD raised prices. But yeah, we audiogeeks (sorry!) will pay anything for sonic bliss 
jecklinsmile.gif

I'm really leaning towards the V6 Stage. I am primarily going to use this as a mobile rig on the bus or library etc. That really concerns me because Having a $800 (close to 1000cad) IEM around the streets just scares me. And I am definitely not going to use it on stage (I have my SE215's for that). In that case I may go for the V3's but the thought of having 3 drivers is just not as good as 6. I have an XBA-4 and SE425 Customs already so not sure how much of an upgrade the V3 would be. 

But one thing for certain is that I will be getting the wood faceplate indefinitely!

Mar 8, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #6,627 of 7,417
I'm really leaning towards the V6 Stage. I am primarily going to use this as a mobile rig on the bus or library etc. That really concerns me because Having a $800 (close to 1000cad) IEM around the streets just scares me. And I am definitely not going to use it on stage (I have my SE215's for that). In that case I may go for the V3's but the thought of having 3 drivers is just not as good as 6. I have an XBA-4 and SE425 Customs already so not sure how much of an upgrade the V3 would be. 

But one thing for certain is that I will be getting the wood faceplate indefinitely!

Most people don't know what they are or how much it's worth so you don't have to worry about someone stealing it. If anything, you should be more worried someone stealing your phone or laptop.

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #6,628 of 7,417
Most people don't know what they are or how much it's worth so you don't have to worry about someone stealing it. If anything, you should be more worried someone stealing your phone or laptop.

haha im actually more scared about losing it or breaking it myself!

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #6,629 of 7,417
Keep a case with you - the one you get from 1964 Ears isn't one you can shove into your pocket - so a small hard case for going mobile is mandatory as you don't want to throw them in your backpack or pocket without protection....

I got a bunch of these off eBay - they only cost $9.95 and the cable with CIEM fits great....

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #6,630 of 7,417
Keep a case with you - the one you get from 1964 Ears isn't one you can shove into your pocket - so a small hard case for going mobile is mandatory as you don't want to throw them in your backpack or pocket without protection....

I got a bunch of these off eBay - they only cost $9.95 and the cable with CIEM fits great....

Oh yea for sure! I have 2 pelican cases for my se425s and xba4s so I will definitely keep these in even better care. I cant imagine what i would do if I accidentally break these but thats the risk im gonna have to take :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back