1964 Ears
Mar 1, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #4,636 of 7,417
The wait is well worth it. I love my v6 stage although more for personal use than stage use.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #4,638 of 7,417
Well I don't prefer anything for stage use as I haven't been on a stage in many years :p Sorry that was worded poorly. I meant that I just use my iems for personal use.

It's a bit hard to compare since they all have different signatures. Also the UERM is a bit ahead of the V6 Stage and the V6 Stage is a bit ahead of the FA-4 so they are all at different levels although the differences probably isn't as large as you would think. 

Mar 3, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #4,639 of 7,417
I got my refits in today. They are quite a bit better, but I still think that they aren't perfect. These are my first customs so i'm just curious if this is something i'm going to have to get used to. My main issue is that when I put my head level or above level some of the seal breaks and I can hear more outside sound. It's not fully open like it was before. It seems that the refit fixed it about half way. I'm just wondering if this is something that I'm going to have to get used to or if I need to send them back again. 

Any thoughts?

Mar 3, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #4,640 of 7,417
  I got my refits in today. They are quite a bit better, but I still think that they aren't perfect. These are my first customs so i'm just curious if this is something i'm going to have to get used to. My main issue is that when I put my head level or above level some of the seal breaks and I can hear more outside sound. It's not fully open like it was before. It seems that the refit fixed it about half way. I'm just wondering if this is something that I'm going to have to get used to or if I need to send them back again. 

Any thoughts?

I claim no expertise in this area, but my guess is that your initial molds were not done properly.. even if 1964 accepted them. The audiologist that did mine has sent many impressions to 1964 and took a 2nd impression of my left ear (at no charge) as she didn't think it would be a good fit, even if 1964 could use it. I sent them all three. 
If you read my earlier "review" (http://www.head-fi.org/t/519457/1964-ears-the-appreciation-thread/4620#post_10280763 ) you'll note that I recently took a couple of long plane rides with them. There was no discomfort up until the 4 hr mark, and even then, it was probably more of an irritation than anything else.
With them in, the was NO jet noise.. if I twisted my head far enough left or right, or up or down, sure.. the seal loosened a TINY bit, but was back to normal right after. By NO noise I mean almost complete isolation. With volume just above "off" I was able to hear the musc and movie clearly.

Mine (also my first full set) do NOT behave in the manner you have described. I'm not sure what your choices are now, but it sounds like the initial impressions were not that good to begin with.. Sorry.. I know that's not much consolation.

Mar 3, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #4,641 of 7,417
Yea. That's what my dream would be. Before I sent in my set for the first refit I asked if I needed to get better impressions from somewhere. They said no. My original impressions and order were accepted around Jan. 8th, 2014. This is starting to turn into a nightmare. I'm currently on a break from multiple groups, but I start to hit the road heavy again in a little less than 2 weeks. Ughh..

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #4,642 of 7,417
  Yea. That's what my dream would be. Before I sent in my set for the first refit I asked if I needed to get better impressions from somewhere. They said no. My original impressions and order were accepted around Jan. 8th, 2014. This is starting to turn into a nightmare. I'm currently on a break from multiple groups, but I start to hit the road heavy again in a little less than 2 weeks. Ughh..

Having read about your issues before mine arrived - I had [obvious] cause for concern. However, mine have turned out fine. 
I feel your pain, and honestly don't have any experience with refits on which to base any suggestions.. except to keep working with them. My research has shown that they do their best to get it right.

Mar 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #4,643 of 7,417

Go back to your audiologist (or choose another ?), tell them the impressions weren't 100% (clearly looks the case), ask for them to be re-done, tell 1964 you want them re-done based on the new impressions. If it were me, I'd want it sorted properly first time, rather than a potential 'band-aid solution' which still might give you issues down the track (and when you'll be outside the refit period & have to pay more to get it sorted).

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #4,648 of 7,417
What do you guys think of the V3? I'm thinking of getting my first ever customs, but can't decide if I want to go through all that trouble or just get the Earsonics SM64. Was also wondering about the soft canals / ambience filter. Are those worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back