$100 Headphones for work
Sep 13, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:
- They are very good looking in person Check, agree. How's the fit for you?
- The cord does look and feel super cheap Yup, very unfortunate.
- I feel like they have no low end, listening through my E7 Interesting! Is it because you're coming from the D7000? I feel like the bass is there, just not tight as I'd like.
- The highs are very good The non-fatiguing nature of the highs is very nice, can listen to them throughout the work day without that discomfort. Are they at a pleasant (loud enough) volume to you in comparison to the rest of the spectrum? 
- I miss the bass on my D7000 One of those you get what you pay for things unfortunately. >:

The headphones are certainly no Denons in regards to burn in time, it's been less than a week and I feel like they've settled down.

Yea I don't think it's fair to compare Uptowns to the Denons. 

The fit was great. The isolation is very good, much better than the Denons, even with the J$ pads.

The bass isn't bad, but it's just different from what I'm used to. Again this is because I unplugged the Denons and plugged these in right after. 

Right now the highs seems to be a little bit louder compared to the rest of the spectrum, but I hope burn in will eliminate this. 

I would say that I'm satisfied right now because they do 2 things exceptionally well when it comes to using it at work; isolate and comfort. I definitely hope they get better after burn-in though. 

I was thinking about the  Denon DNHP700  but they were out of the price range of what my work was willing to cover. 

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #33 of 35
Apr 28, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #35 of 35
B&H generally has the lowest prices and largest selection of audio equipment.  Their service is very fast and reliable.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back