Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 9, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #7,231 of 11,648
I had exactly the same feelings when I listened to them from the box for the first time. The only thing that immediately struck me was the vocals. But then the bass and the high frequencies appeared with a burn. But do not expect bass at Sony's XBA Z5 level. "BOOM BOOM BOOM" - this is not here.

As we see on the chart the bass and high frequencies are on the decline. But the mids are outstanding (especially the vocal area - 2-3 kHz.) You have to pay for everything. The great mids demands sacrifice.

crinacle made measurements of the LAB 2. Although I did not have the opportunity to listen LAB 2, but from the measurements I see that they are significantly different from the PF series. The vocal area of LAB 2 is reduced (2-3 kHz), their graph is more like the reference monitor sound of the Etymotic ER-4s. The bass line became more even,but for such a smooth bass FINAL AUDIO had to reduce the vocal area. For me as a vocalhead, I'm sure Piano Forte 10 will be higher than LAB 2. Probably PF10 is the best headphones in the world for vocals.

To my taste, nevertheless, PF 8 is much inferior to 9 and 10. If there is a possibility it is better to immediately skip the PF 8 and buy 9.

the piano forte 10 is indeed the king of voices vs the lab 2, even in this small part of the fq range the resolution is a tad better (realy outstanding). the magic of the piano forte 10 is the focus on the mids, missing/or reduced parts of the bass and the highs gets you a extreme sharp focus on this part of the music. the piano forte 10 has a magic with voices that is unique

May 9, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #7,232 of 11,648
Not the IEM, but the cord, of the Heaven VIII. Thanks.

May 9, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #7,233 of 11,648
the piano forte 10 is indeed the king of voices vs the lab 2, even in this small part of the fq range the resolution is a tad better (realy outstanding). the magic of the piano forte 10 is the focus on the mids, missing/or reduced parts of the bass and the highs gets you a extreme sharp focus on this part of the music. the piano forte 10 has a magic with voices that is unique

Have to listen to these one day ...

May 10, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #7,235 of 11,648
Is the gold (or brass) of the FAD Heaven VIII covered with a laquer, or is it bare (i.e., if it is scratched, can I polish its bare metal, or will I just end up stripping off a clear laquer coat?) I don't have one yet, else I would look, but one is on the way. Thanks!

May 10, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #7,237 of 11,648
Is the gold (or brass) of the FAD Heaven VIII covered with a laquer, or is it bare (i.e., if it is scratched, can I polish its bare metal, or will I just end up stripping off a clear laquer coat?) I don't have one yet, else I would look, but one is on the way. Thanks!
It looks bare but I can't tell. I polish it and don't have any scratches on it yet. Not sure what MIM does for the outside but seems resistant to minor scratches.

May 19, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #7,238 of 11,648
Got final E3000.
Still just running 30 hours but it's superb!
Sound signature somewhat like a mini ETHER Flow.
Just around $50 and it's a steal!

Official site says it needs 150-200 hours burn-in to settle (first time for their official announcement regarding burn-in),
and highs becoming smoother, so it's not my final thoughts yet, but I absolutely love this at the moment.
I like it the best in final earphones excluding FI-BA-SS which has extremely revealing distinct sound signature which is different kind of thing,
but I like E3000 far better than Heaven VIII or Heaven V Aging both of them having some weakness in sound I can't bear.

Really natural well balanced sound!

2017-05-20 10-36-30-IMGP4185.jpg 2017-05-20 10-56-05-IMGP4186.jpg

May 20, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #7,239 of 11,648
Sounds like a great deal at $50.

May 20, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #7,240 of 11,648
Thank you very much, with big delay, Rumina,
your excellent explanationt made me find the small transparent circle on the plastic sleeve
(sorry I thanked Jalo instead at the time)

May 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #7,242 of 11,648
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&sp=nmt4&u=http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/K0000962311/SortID=20899152/&usg=ALkJrhgD0xyjxIBS9ElFK1uxyyLk4c1NJQ

I thought this was an interesting read and seems to suggest that the 2000/3000 are different but not better or worse even with the price difference. I like the black and the impression that the 2000 may be crisper and better for uptempo stuff.

Right away I thought 3000 but maybe the 2000 is more my style if indeed it "asserts vocals more and is more exciting" though that is just one opinion.

I think we need a Massdrop drop for both of them :)

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #7,243 of 11,648
Thank you very much, with big delay, Rumina,
your excellent explanationt made me find the small transparent circle on the plastic sleeve
(sorry I thanked Jalo instead at the time)

thanks bidn, the only thing that could be better solved :wink:. it's still my favorite earphone, i have written a review, you may take a look @

http://earphonia.com/best-earphones/tour-de-force-final-audio-lab-ii-and-obravo-eamt-1c/

two outstanding eraphones, both are excellent perfoming and winners

May 20, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #7,244 of 11,648
hello bidn

great you have them and like the sound, when you know the piano forte x it's a little shock to hear what is possible with the lab 2, a great archievement.

and i have received the balanced cable a week ago, it's the same cable with a balanced 2.5mm trrs plug, as reference a picture with the part number:

have fun exploring you new earphone :)

Hi Rumina,

re. the additional cable,
could you please tell about about any difference you hear between the 3.5 mm ans he 2.5 mm output with your LAB II ?

May 20, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #7,245 of 11,648
thanks bidn, the only thing that could be better solved :wink:. it's still my favorite earphone, i have written a review, you may take a look @

http://earphonia.com/best-earphones/tour-de-force-final-audio-lab-ii-and-obravo-eamt-1c/

two outstanding eraphones, both are excellent perfoming and winners

Thank you Rumina, for this excellent review!
Quite right of you to introduce these companies which are not so well known,
and great technical explanations.

I have a question, I don't understand this :
"using a nice silver litz cable added more resolution but the soundstage wasn’t as nice as the original Final Audio cable",
because the original cable is a silver litz, so I don't understand which cables you mean here .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back