Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 5, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #7,203 of 11,654
long story short, the shure se530 had been my change of pace iems for the past 6 years, i really liked their mid to the point i changed them into customs. but i lost one side when i took them out for a spin few weeks ago.

i've been reading about final's great mids. so im thinking if i should jump over.

I have other iems with sound signature toward the neutral side, so im looking for another pair of iems with rich and intimate mid, minor flaws in the bass or treble department can be ignored.

Am i looking at the right direction? can someone give me some recommendation? Thanks.

May 5, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #7,204 of 11,654
long story short, the shure se530 had been my change of pace iems for the past 6 years, i really liked their mid to the point i changed them into customs. but i lost one side when i took them out for a spin few weeks ago.

i've been reading about final's great mids. so im thinking if i should jump over.

I have other iems with sound signature toward the neutral side, so im looking for another pair of iems with rich and intimate mid, minor flaws in the bass or treble department can be ignored.

Am i looking at the right direction? can someone give me some recommendation? Thanks.

You might be interested in the F4100 or F7200. Myself and others have posted some reviews of them recently here on head-fi. They also have a Heaven series that has been well-reviewed on Amazon but I haven't heard it. I also have never heard the Shure SE530 so I'm afraid I can't be much help there. However, the F7200 might be what you're looking for.

May 6, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #7,206 of 11,654
I agree, the Heaven VI will likely be to your liking if you like the SE535 (I have owned both)

May 6, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #7,207 of 11,654
You might be interested in the F4100 or F7200. Myself and others have posted some reviews of them recently here on head-fi. They also have a Heaven series that has been well-reviewed on Amazon but I haven't heard it. I also have never heard the Shure SE530 so I'm afraid I can't be much help there. However, the F7200 might be what you're looking for.

Thanks for the informative review of f7200, according to your review, the f7200's mid isnt that intimate. Can you please give me a rough guess of where the vocal is positioned in the soundstage? Also, you mentioned the treble is slightly exaggerated which is the probably opposite of how the shure se530s sound since their treble roll off quite a bit. since i'm trying to replace a certain sound signature that i'm used to, i wonder if the F-series are really what i'm looking for.

Try to listen Heaven VI.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm trying to find some more reviews regarding the heaven IV.

I agree, the Heaven VI will likely be to your liking if you like the SE535 (I have owned both)

Can you give me a brief comparison of the se535 and the heaven VI? Thanks!

I would like to read more about the heaven series and their comparison, especially the VI and V or even the fi-ba-ss/t). I'm trying to go through this thread thoroughly these days but it seems those earphones are quite old and not that many people reviewed/compared them, not to mention head-fi lost quite a bit of their archives.

Thanks!

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #7,208 of 11,654
Thanks for the informative review of f7200, according to your review, the f7200's mid isnt that intimate. Can you please give me a rough guess of where the vocal is positioned in the soundstage? Also, you mentioned the treble is slightly exaggerated which is the probably opposite of how the shure se530s sound since their treble roll off quite a bit. since i'm trying to replace a certain sound signature that i'm used to, i wonder if the F-series are really what i'm looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm trying to find some more reviews regarding the heaven IV.

Can you give me a brief comparison of the se535 and the heaven VI? Thanks!

I would like to read more about the heaven series and their comparison, especially the VI and V or even the fi-ba-ss/t). I'm trying to go through this thread thoroughly these days but it seems those earphones are quite old and not that many people reviewed/compared them, not to mention head-fi lost quite a bit of their archives.

Thanks!

I'm glad you liked my review. The vocals are definitely front and center in the F7200's soundstage. If that's what you consider intimate, then they're very intimate. I'm not going to say anything about how the treble would compare to the SE530 because I've never heard it. I would say your best bet is to audition the Heaven IV, VI and F7200 if you can. But if you like the Shure's, why not just get another pair?

May 6, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #7,209 of 11,654
I'm glad you liked my review. The vocals are definitely front and center in the F7200's soundstage. If that's what you consider intimate, then they're very intimate. I'm not going to say anything about how the treble would compare to the SE530 because I've never heard it. I would say your best bet is to audition the Heaven IV, VI and F7200 if you can. But if you like the Shure's, why not just get another pair?

getting another pair of se530 or se535 is my last resort. matter of fact, i've been searching up for an used pair. from what i remember, there used to be a lot of fake shure se530s back in the day, this also weights in my decision. i doubt i would turn them into customs like my old pairs though, its been almost 10 years since the release of se530. it possible to get something similar but improved for roughly the same price, hence i'm here.

i guess i can always buy the f7200 or the heavens IV and return them if i dont like them, however, the heavens V and VI are pretty hard to find.

i should mention that i already tried the audeze isine 10.. the upper mids were colored in a way that triggered me pretty hard... i'm not entirely sure whats the deal but while their mid has a fairly big presence and they are more forward than other instruments. i still think that the vocals are still some distance away from me. i wonder if FADs are like that?

May 6, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #7,210 of 11,654
getting another pair of se530 or se535 is my last resort. matter of fact, i've been searching up for an used pair. from what i remember, there used to be a lot of fake shure se530s back in the day, this also weights in my decision. i doubt i would turn them into customs like my old pairs though, its been almost 10 years since the release of se530. it possible to get something similar but improved for roughly the same price, hence i'm here.

i guess i can always buy the f7200 or the heavens IV and return them if i dont like them, however, the heavens V and VI are pretty hard to find.

i should mention that i already tried the audeze isine 10.. the upper mids were colored in a way that triggered me pretty hard... i'm not entirely sure whats the deal but while their mid has a fairly big presence and they are more forward than other instruments. i still think that the vocals are still some distance away from me. i wonder if FADs are like that?

I heard both iSINEs at CanJam NYC this past February. The 10 is more v-shaped and colored while the 20 is more neutral. That's all I remember about them. I definitely don't feel like the vocals are some distance away from me when I listen to the F7200s. They have a great soundstage, especially for their size.

If you're in NYC like your username suggests, then I'd visit store http://audio46.com/product-category/by-brand/final-audio/ and see if you can audition them in person before you buy. They have the Heaven series and the F7200. If not, then I'd buy both and return the one you like less.

May 6, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #7,211 of 11,654
I heard both iSINEs at CanJam NYC this past February. The 10 is more v-shaped and colored while the 20 is more neutral. That's all I remember about them. I definitely don't feel like the vocals are some distance away from me when I listen to the F7200s. They have a great soundstage, especially for their size.

If you're in NYC like your username suggests, then I'd visit store http://audio46.com/product-category/by-brand/final-audio/ and see if you can audition them in person before you buy. They have the Heaven series and the F7200. If not, then I'd buy both and return the one you like less.

yes i live in nyc and i never noticed that store!! i know there are a few others like AC gear, b&h and stereo exchange but they never had great selections. i see that audio46 has many finals. i guess i should try my luck there. thanks!

May 6, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #7,213 of 11,654
I would like to read more about the heaven series and their comparison, especially the VI and V or even the fi-ba-ss/t). I'm trying to go through this thread thoroughly these days but it seems those earphones are quite old and not that many people reviewed/compared them, not to mention head-fi lost quite a bit of their archives./QUOTE]

I was just in Tokyo at the e-earphone shop and compared Heaven VI to Fibass, plus the F7200 and F4100 models. As a background, I have the Piano Forte VIII which has a wonderful feeling of soundstage. I was looking to replicate this in a more portable, practical IEM, and the Fibass and Heaven VI, VII, and VIII were all pretty close.

IMHO the F7200 and F4100 models did not really compare. They sounded flat compared to Fibass and Heaven VI. And I actually prefer the more musical sound of the Heaven VI over Fibass. So put me down as one more vote for the Heaven VI.

The only other IEM that had a comparable soundstage was the Noble Katana.

May 7, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #7,215 of 11,654

Take FIBASS (much better than Heaven 6, 7, 8) and close the topic of IEM for a very long time.
And if you do not care about the bass, then I advise Piano Forte 8 or 9 (great mids, but reduced bass and treble), If the budget allows - PF 10.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back