You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #4,684 of 6,356
Quote:
Some pictures...

What I wouldn't give to go up to the counter and say, "One of each will do nicely. Oh, and do you mind if I pay in one yen coins?"

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #4,686 of 6,356
...when you get the Retina Display MacBook Pro and you test out their claim for "improved speakers".
Advanced speaker design. Your notebook never sounded this good.

You haven’t heard it all until you’ve heard the speakers inside the MacBook Pro. For something so thin and light, the sound is huge. And with a wide dynamic range, optimal balance, and a crisp, expressive quality, these speakers might sound too good to be true. That’s because we labored painstakingly over the design to maximize the quality of every decibel you hear.

I call this the brilliant marketing of Apple. The speakers sound like $#@! compared to my 4-year old, 1st generation aluminum unibody MacBook (from 2008), which have worse on-board speakers than my 6-year old Dell Vostro laptop. The speakers have NO bass, the lower midrange is practically non-existant, and the treble is tinny, bright, and sizzley.

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #4,690 of 6,356
Quote:
...when you do leave your Nissan and newly-bought Honda ST1300 Pan-European in garage and just walk the 8.5 kms to your office (and back) in November, 26th, so that you can get to know your new friend on your head.

Oh nice

YOur an audiophile when you prefer to listen to music without corrective glasses... as perfect vision takes away from the music 

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #4,692 of 6,356
Quote:
Some pictures...

That's beautiful 
eek.gif
. Do they let you take the headphones to different amps? Or are they locked in?

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #4,693 of 6,356
Quote:

That's beautiful 
eek.gif
. Do they let you take the headphones to different amps? Or are they locked in?

In Yodobashi you have to ask the store guys to give you the amp you want to test and then you sit on a table and test it with a CD player or your portable music player. There are other shops like e-earphone where they have a wall of amplifiers where you can try any headphone they have on any amplifier and compare them side by side. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back