1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314
316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325
Next

Last
  1. VisceriousZERO

They keep the high-end cables behind the STAX actually, at the bottom glass shelves. I should know, I bought high-end cables from them xD

2. takato14
    When, little more than a week after recieving a headphone, you already have your next one picked out.

3. VisceriousZERO
    When your next trip outside the country is ready with all the headphone shops planned out.

4. nonamodnar
    When even your most favorite song can't make you smile because of a low quality recording that you can now hear. Ignorance is bliss they say. Knowledge is power they say.

5. takato14
    Quote:
    Low quality file or poor recording job?

Honestly if you're so distracted by artifacts in the recording that you can't enjoy the music, you're doing it wrong.

6. nonamodnar
    Quote:

Poor recording job mostly, like the hiss sound in the background or the difference between left and right channels.

7. VisceriousZERO
    Quote:

There are a lot of albums like that.

Which is why I find other albums xD

You know you're an audiophile when you can say you have found your favorite headphones but still want more.

8. Argyris Contributor
    It's funny. I've never come across anything in my collection that having better equipment has made unlistenable. Maybe some flaws get unearthed, but either I'm lucky with my music or I can just let that stuff go when the time comes. I do tend to "restore" poor production in my head, such that listening to a poorly produced album I haven't heard in a while I'm momentarily jarred by the flaws, but I can always get back into the groove.

You know you're an audiophile when you spend a good amount of time comparing two different mixes of an album you have and concluding that they both pretty much suck.

9. VisceriousZERO
    Quote:

In the Philippines, we have a lot of terribly mixed/recorded music.

You know you're an audiophile when you laugh at a review like this:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/beats-pro-high-performance/4505-7877_7-34210289.html

Hmm... who do I know did a review on the beats pro...

10. Parall3l
    School just started an audio related course. Going to do it. 

11. CashNotCredit
    Quote:
    I can usually deal with everything but hard clipping. It was really bad in Amy Winehouse's Back to Black album.

"I told ya (CLICK!) that I was trouble (POP!),
    You know (SNAP!) that I'm (CRACK!) no good (PSST!)."

It's like having a mastering engineer/record A/R executive yelling "I'M INCOMPETENT!" over your music. Kills the vibe.

12. Puranti
    You know you're an audiohpile when you dream of going to someone's place to test their audiophile equipment...
    Just got it this night, there was the leben CS300XS, the matrix mstage and many other

13. BBBS
    I was brought up on a diet of copied cassettes on the cheapest possible media, but this changed when CDs became a thing. As such I can deal with hiss, and in some cases know that you have to bear a little so that it can retain the detail.

You are now aware that some computers and PMPs hiss a little, where as iPods do not, and as such sound a little flat.

You know you're an audiophile when the thought of taking a walk without headphones is anathema.

14. takato14
    Quote:
    Clipping is by far the worst, and my DT1350 makes it VERY evident... but if it's all I got, I listen to it.

15. davidsh
    Quote:

Ipods do hiss... It is evident with high sensitivity, low impedance IEM's

First

Back
305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314
316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325
Next

Last