1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last
  1. Elektrospeed
    Quote:
    Amen on that.

I have my sub just for accentuating the bass (just a little over-emphasized to compensate for the road noise), but from time to time I like to turn that s**t loud... and it can get really loud, I think the "best" measurement I got was 136dB @ 60hz, which means near-instant ear damage, so yeah it's dangerous.

And thats only out of a single propperly amplified 500rms Alpine Type R, don't know how much power you have, but assuming you have 1000rms that would be approximately +3dB over my mark.

I know it's bad, it's just that it's so awesome to actually feel the power of the woofers from time to time...

By the way, JL Audio has an iPhone / iPod app for basic SPL measurement. I'm not sure if it supports an external mic or just the iPhones, but it can give you a rough estimate if you don't want to spend on a calibrated mic.

2. takato14
    Quote:
    I don't get the point of stupidly huge speakers in cars. The acoustics can never be proper to get a good experience. Just buy a good headphone instead.

You know you're an audiophile when you critique your car's sonic performance. My dad's truck (Ford F150) has no bass and the midrange honks like a goose.

3. takato14
    Quote:
    The worst part is... it was said by a user on this forum.

4. H3ndrix
    When you have a 6TB of lossless music on your HDD

5. Elektrospeed
    Quote:
    While getting good sound inside a car is really difficult, it can be done.

I know because I've done it :) so "never" may be just too hard of an statement. But it sure takes a lot of learning, time and $$.

"Huge speakers" (AKA sub-woofers) are really needed to get a propper sub-bass response. And the bigger they are, the easier they'll play the lower frequencies, so it's not all that uncommon to see a 15" sub providing excelent sound quality. Of course if you crank it up, it'll be loud as hell.

And if you spend a lot of time inside a car (like me) and really like listening to music, then you'll also need good sound inside your car, so "just buying a good headphone" doesn't cut it. Different needs call for different solutions.

And yeah, most car's stock sound systems suck big time!! 

6. PinoyPogiman
    if your in need of a Headband, you use your Headphones instead.

^for me not really...

7. Golila3
    When you look at the sound specifications first when your browsing for a new phone.

8. LinkPro
    When your favorite car (Dodge Challenger) has Beats Audio as "premium sound system" option and you're like:

Disgusted-oh-god-why-text.png

9. Kawai_man
    yeah when you realize beats audio are like bose overpriced overhyped *****.

10. Currawong Contributor
    When other, hardcore audiophiles are impressed by the sound out of your rig.

Quote:

Not bad going. [​IMG]

11. VisceriousZERO
    Quote:

That hurts my brain i can't 

12. m0nask8
    when you get pissed off when a youtube video claims to be HQ and it sounds like ****

when you take off your ear piercings (anti-tragus) permanently because they cant coexist with your new iems.

13. DamageInc77
    When your tube amp is turned on 12 hours a day.

14. stevenswall
    Quote:

...just to 'keep it warm' for the hour it's used. (Not that I own a tube, but if it didn't wear on it too much, I think I'd simply leave it on because I like the smell of warm electronics, and I like the look of glowing tubes.)

15. wolfetan44
    When you freak out that theres a place called AudioHigh close to you where you can audition many hi-fi headphones![​IMG]

First

Back
280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last