You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #4,322 of 6,356
i can see the driver flexing and distorting lol, maybe cause of the dust its distorting due to its heavier than air mass

Nov 11, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #4,323 of 6,356
"An amp won't make your headphones sound less boring... it will make them sound louder."

You know you're an audiophile when this statement makes you facepalm.

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #4,324 of 6,356
Quote:
"An amp won't make your headphones sound less boring... it will make them sound louder."

You know you're an audiophile when this statement makes you facepalm.

This

I only have to mention "headphone amplifier" to anyone and they are like "Wha, a headphone amplifier, does such a thing even exist? What'd you need that for? Oh right it's all still not insanely loud enough for you?"

Getting pretty tired of it after a while

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #4,326 of 6,356
This

I only have to mention "headphone amplifier" to anyone and they are like "Wha, a headphone amplifier, does such a thing even exist? What'd you need that for? Oh right it's all still not insanely loud enough for you?"

Agreed. If only you could let all of them hear what the difference is...

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #4,327 of 6,356
Quote:
Agreed. If only you could let all of them hear what the difference is...

Funny part is they probably wouldn't hear it and if they would they'd never think its worth it's price in a thousand years :')

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #4,328 of 6,356
Funny part is they probably wouldn't hear it and if they would they'd never think its worth it's price in a thousand years :')

Barbarians!

You know you're an audiophile when you hang out at a Grado specialty store and laugh to youself when a kid comes in, looks at the headphones on display, and asks, "Are these old headphones?"

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #4,329 of 6,356
Quote:
Barbarians!
You know you're an audiophile when you hang out at a Grado specialty store and laugh to youself when a kid comes in, looks at the headphones on display, and asks, "Are these old headphones?"

I would go in there and buy them! Haha, I'm 13 and have Grado's
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 11, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #4,330 of 6,356
Quote:
Barbarians!

I don't know what exactly counts as old but that could very well have been true, as a lot of popular grado's (all of the SR and RS series I believe) are all from the early/mid nineties :)

Nov 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #4,332 of 6,356
This

ive had to go through a similar discussion. First it was, "why are you burning them in?? you spent so much on them, they should be good to go from the box!"
then, "you bought an amplifier?? after u spent so much on the headphones in the first place? they must be crap then if they need an amp"

*facepalm*

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #4,335 of 6,356
Quote:
when a common cold screws with your hearing and it's epically annoying.  

when you blast the two 12 inch subs in your car and are afraid it damaged your hearing that night while listening to your headphones so you contemplate selling your bass system.  That really happened to me, I need to get like a db measuring app for my phone so I can see how loud it actually is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back