1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288
290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299
Next

Last
  1. VisceriousZERO
    You know you're an audiophile when you think this is sexy.

just copied this off Audez'e. Love the presentation btw

2. streetdragon
    i can see the driver flexing and distorting lol, maybe cause of the dust its distorting due to its heavier than air mass

3. takato14
    "An amp won't make your headphones sound less boring... it will make them sound louder."

You know you're an audiophile when this statement makes you facepalm.

4. kazaakas
    Quote:
    This

I only have to mention "headphone amplifier" to anyone and they are like "Wha, a headphone amplifier, does such a thing even exist? What'd you need that for? Oh right it's all still not insanely loud enough for you?"

Getting pretty tired of it after a while

5. BBBS
    yup

6. VisceriousZERO

Agreed. If only you could let all of them hear what the difference is...

7. kazaakas
    Quote:
    Funny part is they probably wouldn't hear it and if they would they'd never think its worth it's price in a thousand years :')

8. VisceriousZERO

Barbarians!

You know you're an audiophile when you hang out at a Grado specialty store and laugh to youself when a kid comes in, looks at the headphones on display, and asks, "Are these old headphones?"

9. wolfetan44
    Quote:
    I would go in there and buy them! Haha, I'm 13 and have Grado's[​IMG]

10. kazaakas
    Quote:

I don't know what exactly counts as old but that could very well have been true, as a lot of popular grado's (all of the SR and RS series I believe) are all from the early/mid nineties :)

11. RUMAY408
    When a good day includes a headphone holiday (20 min or more of headphone use)

12. fjeena

ive had to go through a similar discussion. First it was, "why are you burning them in?? you spent so much on them, they should be good to go from the box!"
    then, "you bought an amplifier?? after u spent so much on the headphones in the first place? they must be crap then if they need an amp"

*facepalm*

13. wolfetan44
    Quote:
    I love this![​IMG] I do this too!

14. roscoofyore
    when a common cold screws with your hearing and it's epically annoying.  

15. linglingjr
    Quote:

when you blast the two 12 inch subs in your car and are afraid it damaged your hearing that night while listening to your headphones so you contemplate selling your bass system.  That really happened to me, I need to get like a db measuring app for my phone so I can see how loud it actually is...

First

Back
279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288
290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299
Next

Last