You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #3,361 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
At least those guys are dropping a lot of money on measurable differences rather than to make something sound "a little bit warmer" 
tongue.gif

I've got both too, although no high end phones and amp, a good $2000 spent total on my current setup. No regrets. At least for now, my student loans are still on their grace period....

Funny how audiophile high end stuff people hear differences but can't measure difference, but with computer high end the differences are measurable, but mostly impossible to notice a difference between 140 fps and 150.

LOL that's so true it's hilarious.

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #3,362 of 6,356
Well the tech world is usually a LOT more clear-cut than something as subjective as sound. for GPUs at least, everytime there is a new line of cards from amd/nvidia they ARE the best, you don't have to second guess anything. You still play the "value" game though much like here. As for what you look for there, if you can get 60fps with varying settings, thats all you need period.

Though the head-fi hobby holds it's value a lot better than my $650 GTX 280 from 2009 sitting in the corner :frowning2:

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #3,363 of 6,356
Quote:

Funny how audiophile high end stuff people hear differences but can't measure difference, but with computer high end the differences are measurable, but mostly impossible to notice a difference between 140 fps and 150.

lol yeah that is very true. Especially when people care about the difference with a 60hz monitor.

Personally, I'm fine with having an $800 desktop setup and $600 worth of headphones. I don't need the best... my desktop does everything I want it to flawlessly. Same goes for my headphones.

I like to run everything at the best settings and my $1250 setup can't even do that perfectly on some games like Sleeping Dogs. Granted I overpayed a little bit since my setup was assemble to order, but not all that much.

I don't plan on getting new headphones any time soon though, I love my he-400's.

Though the head-fi hobby holds it's value a lot better than my $650 GTX 280 from 2009 sitting in the corner :frowning2:

Ha, the improvement in computer tech has at least slowed down now though. 

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #3,365 of 6,356
Already got my boss to agree to sell me the stand for a broken iMac he has when I get full sized headphones so I can turn it into a sexy aluminum stable stand.
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you're always on the lookout for something to use as a stand for your headphones.

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #3,366 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you're always on the lookout for something to use as a stand for your headphones.

Oh God, yes. I bought a banana holder at Wal-Mart for $3 and painted it gloss black. Works quite well, and doesn't look half bad either.

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #3,368 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
Oh God, yes. I bought a banana holder at Wal-Mart for $3 and painted it gloss black. Works quite well, and doesn't look atrocious either.

I picked up some build-a-bear stands today o.o
under $6 a piece and they hold up my hd800 and LCD2 without any issues.

Hah, that's a good one too XD

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #3,369 of 6,356
At least those guys are dropping a lot of money on measurable differences rather than to make something sound "a little bit warmer" :p

Ok I think this statement alone just about sums us all up right there. I'd have to nominate that as the truest statement of the day. Aaaaaaahmen.

Oh God, yes. I bought a banana holder at Wal-Mart for $3 and painted it gloss black. Works quite well, and doesn't look half bad either.

Banana holder?????? Like this?:

e41168475d6ecae98b2d3055cee69a1a_zpsfa5d4b12.jpg

Painted gloss black?

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #3,372 of 6,356
um... NO?

This thing =___=

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #3,375 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you're about to file a complaint to your school saying how crappy their headphones are, and that they should spend less money on the hot lunch program so that they'd get enough cash for Ultrasones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back