You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #3,347 of 6,356
When a pair of your headphones is among your list of "most beautiful things ever seen".

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #3,348 of 6,356
Quote:
When a pair of your headphones is among your list of "most beautiful things ever seen".

Nothing wrong with that. I would post a pin-up of my GTX670 card in my room because it's so sexy
cool.gif

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #3,351 of 6,356
When you cry because the headphone you just got has a short in the cable that you can't fix :C

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #3,353 of 6,356
besides other IEMs....
Quote:
That sucks.

You know you're an audiophile when you are more excited about a pair of iems arriving in he mail than anything else in the past year.

Sep 21, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #3,355 of 6,356
That sucks.

You know you're an audiophile when you are more excited about a pair of iems arriving in he mail than anything else in the past year.

You kidding, I was geeked when i got the cable jacket in for my custom cable project much less a pair of IEMs! The highlight of my day in fact! :smiley::smiley::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::clap::clap:

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #3,356 of 6,356
Quote:
Not exactly a pair of headphones, but definitely beautiful.
If only I had the cash to have a pc set up around something like that and have awesome amps and cans. People around this forum must be rolling in it
wink_face.gif

Ya, this isn't Overclock.net (you think audiophiles and headphone buying is bad...) I'm lucky enough to have both those things, but it took while to afford all of it and even then probably shouldn't have dropped so much money on all of it.

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #3,358 of 6,356
Quote:
Ya, this isn't Overclock.net (you think audiophiles and headphone buying is bad...) I'm lucky enough to have both those things, but it took while to afford all of it and even then probably shouldn't have dropped so much money on all of it.

At least those guys are dropping a lot of money on measurable differences rather than to make something sound "a little bit warmer" 
tongue.gif

I've got both too, although no high end phones and amp, a good $2000 spent total on my current setup. No regrets. At least for now, my student loans are still on their grace period....

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #3,359 of 6,356
Quote:
At least those guys are dropping a lot of money on measurable differences rather than to make something sound "a little bit warmer" 
tongue.gif

I've got both too, although no high end phones and amp, a good $2000 spent total on my current setup. No regrets. At least for now, my student loans are still on their grace period....

Funny how audiophile high end stuff people hear differences but can't measure difference, but with computer high end the differences are measurable, but mostly impossible to notice a difference between 140 fps and 150.

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #3,360 of 6,356
Personally, I'm fine with having an $800 desktop setup and $600 worth of headphones. I don't need the best... my desktop does everything I want it to flawlessly. Same goes for my headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back