You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #3,391 of 6,356
Doc = :fire::fire::fire::fire:

Geeeeez. Ok whoa tanto... Bad joke. I take it back i take it back.

In all seriousness we r on the same page. In terms of "the rest of us" agreeing i wouldnt be so sure. I have run into many a snob on here who wont even consider a lower priced 'phone is worthy of their ears but i know what you mean. I started this (link below) thread for those audiophiles on a budget in fact. Wish inhad more to add to it cuz there seem to be lots of gems out there that get overlooked.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/625124/over-performing-over-achieving-headphones-iems-for-their-price-range-top-cost-effective-cans-iems

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #3,392 of 6,356
Hey now guys, we're all headphone geeks here. Some just have access to more funds than others. I'm sure that anyone here would love a Stax SR009 setup if they could reasonably acquire it.

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #3,394 of 6,356
Quote:
If I sold my car, and everything else that I own, I wouldn't be able to buy the SR009, let alone an amp to run it.

I know, it's expensive. Which is why I said "reasonably acquire".

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #3,395 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you have an audiophile wife when.. your wife slaps you because you bought the Beyer T1+Burson Soloist instead of the Stax SR009+Blue Hawai Amp
confused_face(1).gif

Your wife has good taste,

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #3,396 of 6,356
...when you've started to watch a track on youtube and are hesitant to increase the quality setting because it'll pause the music momentarily...

Sep 22, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #3,397 of 6,356
^That is always such a hard choice, especially when the 'HD' resolutions improve the audio bitrate a little.

Sep 23, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #3,399 of 6,356
Quote:
The main reason you're glad you got a haircut is now your headphones can create a better seal :D

I keep forgetting about that lmao

it can get really annoying when you have all that sideburn in your earcup, goodbye terrible overgrown hair
biggrin.gif

wait, so when women wear headphones (they wear it on their hair normally) is their music experience affected?
confused.gif

Sep 23, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #3,400 of 6,356
You know that you are an audiophile when:

You haven't emerged from your home for weeks, the lawn is overgrown and the weeds are overtaking the dried out once-was a garden, mail has piled up inside the door so as to make the door inoperable, bills go unpaid and you have not responded to the many collection agency calls since you have been under your headphones, you have become emaciated and your skin has turned translucent from lack of air and sunshine, you have resorted to depends and have not changed your clothes for months, the wive has left with the kids and your house is now being foreclosed on ...... but you have a smile on and are happy as a pig in ****!

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #3,401 of 6,356
Quote:
it can get really annoying when you have all that sideburn in your earcup, goodbye terrible overgrown hair
biggrin.gif

wait, so when women wear headphones (they wear it on their hair normally) is their music experience affected?
confused.gif

.............................good question lol.  I would think depending on how thick their hair is.  I was rocking a mini-afro so of course my sound was affected, since it's typical of black guys' hair to grow into an afro.  I'm blasting my cans now and the bass kicks harder and louder :D  NOW I want IEMs just like these lol

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #3,402 of 6,356
hmm i think it would look wierd too if they pushed the hair away from the earcups, would be a massive split or a massive buldge on their hairXD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back