You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #3,376 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you're about to file a complaint to your school saying how crappy their headphones are, and that they should spend less money on the hot lunch program so that they'd get enough cash for Ultrasones.

Omg this made me laugh ;P
Even though my school doesn't even have headphones...

Made my day :D

Aha, no problem.
I just realized I should have changed the b in the logo to something else... ? But not really sure

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #3,377 of 6,356
nothing to do with being an audiophile, but I absolutely love it when I let a Beats owner listen to one of my sets and afterwards they take it off solemnly and just say "I hate you."

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #3,379 of 6,356
Quote:

I think it's safe to say a lot of audiophiles love to "torture" Beats owners with their superior equipment lol

unless its very bass light headphones (like a srh940)

that's what beats owners get when they tout to experienced audiophiles boasting that beats are the best

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #3,380 of 6,356
^When I let people audition my 'phones, I try to make sure it's on my Cowon S9. That way, I can make it sound however they they like. 

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #3,381 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you spend over $25 on replacement earpads...

Anyone know where to pick up the velvet pads for the Audio Technica ATH AD700/900 series headphones?

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #3,382 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you spend over $25 on replacement earpads...

Anyone know where to pick up the velvet pads for the Audio Technica ATH AD700/900 series headphones?

I guess I'm not there yet....the ones I just ordered were $23.50....lol

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #3,385 of 6,356
You know THINK you are an audiophile when you have a long impressive list of cans and IEMs on your profile.....

Until you see Joker's list and you realize..... I have a ways to go.

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #3,386 of 6,356
This is a post i hate to see. It's not about the amount you spend, or the amount of gear you have. An audiophile can own just one pair of cans, they just need to enjoy their music to qualify. Joker is an extreme case where you should never bother comparing. He provides a great service with his informative reviews and experience, but not everyone needs to be like that. 
Quote:
You know THINK you are an audiophile when you have a long impressive list of cans and IEMs on your profile.....
Until you see Joker's list and you realize..... I have a ways to go.

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #3,388 of 6,356
I'm an audiophile... and the best headphone I have is a Pioneer SE-700, I mean yeah its pretty but it's still Mid-Fi. You don't need a lot of headphones, nor top-of-the-line headphones, just a good headphone that you love and music to suit that headphone.

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #3,389 of 6,356
This is a post i hate to see. It's not about the amount you spend, or the amount of gear you have. An audiophile can own just one pair of cans, they just need to enjoy their music to qualify. Joker is an extreme case where you should never bother comparing. He provides a great service with his informative reviews and experience, but not everyone needs to be like that. 

Its called HUMOR.... get over it. If anyone actually believed that you need to own the insanely large inventory joker has, they'd be an idiot. Maybe i'll follow my post with the appripriate amount of little smiley emoticons next time so people don't take an OBVIOUS joke literally.

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #3,390 of 6,356
Quote:
Its called HUMOR.... get over it. If anyone actually believed that you need to own the insanely large inventory joker has, they'd be an idiot. Maybe i'll follow my post with the appripriate amount of little smiley emoticons next time so people don't take an OBVIOUS joke literally.

Alright, alright. There is no need to get your panties in a wad. He was making a valid point that none of us disagree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back