Wow! The Final Audio Design FI-DC1601SB (also known as "Don't go to Yodobashi" lol)
Jan 18, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #91 of 428
Pretty sure this will be my next purchase, after i sell one of the ibasso amps and the ie8 that is coming in now (need it to decide which of the ibassos i will keep).
There is the warranty issue though, although i guess if i buy it via pricejapan there is still 1 year warranty (most japanese products seem to come with a warranty card).
Greetings, Anouk,

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #93 of 428
Hello,
I will have the d10 and the d4 in a few days, i first thought the d4 would be enough but i also need to connect my digital tv receiver and for some reason i cant just plonk it into the optical input of my macbook pro.
I will be using the d10 as my home dac for the first few months as well.
I bought them from ibasso and they sent them to hiflight who modded them for me.
I sent osmeone cash for an ie8 yesterday (before i knew about this new iem) but havent heard from him yet.
Greetings, Anouk,

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #96 of 428
HEllo, wow I just checked if you get it from pricejapan shipped with ems its 900 dollar or 630 euro, thats without paypal or customs fees, i bet they would apply (i know for sure paypal fees do) because they ship with insurance so they would have to declare full value., so that would add 25 percent. I think they want money in usd if you pay with paypal so paypal fees will be a fair bit too.
Not sure if the pricejapan netto price is in accordance with japanese street price
Greetings, Anouk,

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #97 of 428
Hi Anouk, glad you found the thread, I thought this would appeal to you.

Thanks for getting PJ to update their site. Their price is 1,820 Yen more than most but that is not much - equivalent to $20. And loads cheaper than the eBay link that was posted a page or two back.

I have dealt with PJ in the past when I bought a Sharp Zaurus from them. Delivery service was excellent. I had no problems with the Zaurus so have no experience of how JP deals with warranty issues.

Like you, I am inching closer to this item.

Jan 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #99 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that for the SS or SB model?

For the SS model the price is 71,820 Yen
PriceJapan.com

I have seen it elsewhere for 69,800 Yen
¥ª¡¼¥Ç¥£¥ª¥¹¥¯¥§¥¢ audio-square :: ¡ÚÂæ¿ô¸ÂÄêÆòÁ¡ª¡ÛFinal audio design¡¡FI-DC1601SS¡¡¥Õ¥¡¥¤¥Ê¥ë¥ª¡¼¥Ç¥£¥ª¥Ç¥¶¥¤¥ó¡¡¥¹¥Æ¥ó¥ì¥¹ ºï¤ê¤À¤·¥«¥Ê¥ë·¿¥¤¥ä¥Û¥ó

@shigzeo
Great review, I love your style of writing, I may not always grasp your intent but it is a pleasure to read.

@FenderP
Thanks for the thread and for being brave enough to leap in and buy one. Are you noticing any burn-in changes.

@james444
Congratulations on your purchase, I hope it comes soon for you. You will let us know what you think of it?

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #101 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@reb - I'll have to work on my 'intent'. PSST: what does 'intent' mean in your comment? I hope to be well understood, but if I am not, then I need to change a few things. cheers for the comment.

Hi shigzeo, please forget I said that.

For one thing I would not want to be responsible for inhibiting such a fluid and imaginative vocabulary.

For another thing the lack may actually be with me.

To give one example, I just started to re-read your piece and was trying to figure again what you meant by ‘pompous’ as relates to SQ.

In general usage (and the one that came immediately to my mind), pompous means ‘vain and self important’. So I looked up the Oxford Concise dictionary and find that there is an another meaning of ‘affectedly grand’.

This I assume is what you intended to convey? If so, it is a superb adjective to have selected.

I just love it when a writer has me dusting off my dictionary and expanding the range of what is after all my native language.

I look forward to more.

Jan 19, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #102 of 428
Well, I certainly do makes mistakes, but I genuinely meant pompous, but I could have explained it better. Putting 22g in your ears - 22g of shiny steel is almost as vain as the Monster Turbine Pro (another very nice earphones). The sentence was designed to make the reader realise that though I have some mixed feelings, I think the thing is 100% audiophile (probably because of mixed feelings).

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #103 of 428
Hello rebski and others,
Normally pj works with warranty cards. If it has a fault you have to send it back to them with the warranty card and they will then in turn send it back to the manufacturer.
I havent heard yet from the folks at final audio design although i sent mails to two different addresses about internaitonal dealers so as of now pj is still our only option.
Greetings, Anouk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back