Wow! The Final Audio Design FI-DC1601SB (also known as "Don't go to Yodobashi" lol)
Jan 22, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #106 of 428
I haven't heard any news from Seyo either. I assume they would hit a similar or slightly lower price point if possible, but PJ's prices seem pretty good - in fact, really good. I think the reason is that Final Audio want to distribute outside of Japan, so international prices must be more in line with Japanese prices.

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #107 of 428
Hi Shig and others,
I am not really sure how pj works. If there is a new price iwll they immediately show it? I am also not sure at which stores they hsop to get the item/if they are the cheapest. Really hoping here that the yen will drop, this is still a rather large sum ofmoney especially if you ad taxes.
Greetings, Anouk,

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #108 of 428
I enjoyed reading your review shigzeo as always. Earphones aren't the most desirable of objects, however, you manage to imbue them with the allure of a hand made luxury item. Although the Final Audio earphones may be the closest an earphone has come to actually being one. I continue to be intrigued by them.

Jan 25, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #109 of 428
Thanks to the speedy and reliable service from Pricejapan, Final Audio Design FI-DC1601SB (brass) is in the house and burning for 48 hours now. (the phone, not the house
wink.gif
) This undeniably beautiful IEM/Earbud crossbreed is one controversial piece of equipment to say the least. In short, so far I feel kinda like standing in front of a modern painting pondering whether it's art or just birds**t. More specific impressions to follow soon...

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #113 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Shigzeo, really enjoyed reading your review. Only thing htat worries me is that i guess the cable is non-detachable and has no stressrelief.
I wish that someone could do a reallyd etailed comparison with the ie8. That iem has all the bass i ever need and thats on the low setting.
I am a soundstage/imaging/midrange junkie so this iem REALLY appeals.
Greetings, Anouk,

I came from the IE8 to the 1601SB. It's apples and oranges. The overall sound and balance across the sonic spectrum of the 1601SB is way better than the IE8. It may not be as "boomy" - and I like bass - but the presentaiton of the FAD is hard to beat.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #115 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi James, did you have pj sent it via dhl? Did you have to pay a lot of customs fees?
Are they comfortable in the ear and do you use them with or without tips?
What is included in the package? Is there a cleaning tool?
Greetings, Anouk,

Phones, case, essentially 3 sets of tips (the metal ones, and two different kinds of white tips in various sizes). No cleaning tool.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #116 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to the speedy and reliable service from Pricejapan, Final Audio Design FI-DC1601SB (brass) is in the house and burning for 48 hours now. (the phone, not the house
wink.gif
) This undeniably beautiful IEM/Earbud crossbreed is one controversial piece of equipment to say the least. In short, so far I feel kinda like standing in front of a modern painting pondering whether it's art or just birds**t. More specific impressions to follow soon...

Heh, now you kinda know how I feel when I was in Yodobashi. I was immediately drawn to it. It's definitely polarizing - you're going to love or hate the design. I don't think there will be an inbetween opinion.

Jan 25, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #117 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by rebski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@FenderP
Thanks for the thread and for being brave enough to leap in and buy one. Are you noticing any burn-in changes.

I don't use headphones all the time, but I can say after some use I'm not noticing a ton of difference. They sounded good to start in. I've never been a huge believer in burn-in to some degree since I am of the opinion it should sound good from minute one, and the FAD didn't disappoint that way. The IE8 did settle in a bit over time, but to be honest, I haven't used it since I bought the FAD.

Jan 25, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #118 of 428
I notice that the FAD presentation which can be very forward at times and has a lot of layers from back to front takes time to adapt to when switching from some other earphones, but once my brain has realised where I am, I am in practical heaven.

Jan 25, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #119 of 428
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I notice that the FAD presentation which can be very forward at times and has a lot of layers from back to front takes time to adapt to when switching from some other earphones, but once my brain has realised where I am, I am in practical heaven.

It's definitely not your typical IEM by any stretch of the imagination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back