Wow! The Final Audio Design FI-DC1601SB (also known as "Don't go to Yodobashi" lol)
May 22, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #421 of 428
The title of this thread is all too true...
   found my wallet WAY lighter after a visit to Yodobashi in Akiba today!

May 22, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #422 of 428
LOL, the thread title is all too true...
  My wallet is now WAY lighter after a visit to Yodobashi in Akiba!

May 23, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #423 of 428

Picked these up two days ago! A crazy impulsive purchase but enjoying them so far. Have been trying to post first impressions/review so hopefully it will be up soon!

May 23, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #424 of 428
Picked these up two days ago. A crazy and impulsive purchase but I am enjoying them so far! Have been trying to post a first impression/review so hopefully it will be up soon!

Aug 1, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #425 of 428
Hmm... this thread melted away into the ether two years ago. Still it has been highly influential on me, particularly the observations by Shigzeo and James. I am listening to the 1602SS in loudish restaurants and coffee shops. It's fine so long as they aren't playing music. I have discovered the glory of bumping the sub-bass up by a full 6dB in those environments.  (Bass Cutoff 1 in Rockbox.) That boost, which is more than I ever thought that I would use, turns the loud environments into a personal smoky jazz club. (Quite smoky since I am often smoking a cigar.) It is truly exciting - and an altogether different experience from hiding behind the isolation of the ES5.

Shigzeo, assuming that you are still subscribed, over these two years did you ever hear the 1601SB? How about the Piano Forte series?

Aug 1, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #426 of 428
It's 'shigze', less the leading capital, but we all know what you mean :wink:

I've heard the 1601SB, but not for that long. When I chose the SS to review, I had the choice between the SB, SC, and SS, and I preferred the more sensible SS sound to the SC. I've wanted to finally get to hear the 1602 series, but I think I'll have to wait till someone loans me one as listening to it at shows (as it doesn't isolate and shows are loud) is a waste of brain power.

I thought I'd get to hear some when I took Musica's Photos of the amps, but didn't. Final Audio's photos look scrumptious. Listed as they are at MA, they are very tempting indeed. But, my purchase of the GR8 has put me behind a bit - oh that and a 1:2 semi macro lens! ;(

Aug 1, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #427 of 428
Damnit - I spelled my name incorrectly. It's 'shigzeo'. Oyda. 
Quote:
It's 'shigze', less the leading capital, but we all know what you mean :wink:

I've heard the 1601SB, but not for that long. When I chose the SS to review, I had the choice between the SB, SC, and SS, and I preferred the more sensible SS sound to the SC. I've wanted to finally get to hear the 1602 series, but I think I'll have to wait till someone loans me one as listening to it at shows (as it doesn't isolate and shows are loud) is a waste of brain power.

I thought I'd get to hear some when I took Musica's Photos of the amps, but didn't. Final Audio's photos look scrumptious. Listed as they are at MA, they are very tempting indeed. But, my purchase of the GR8 has put me behind a bit - oh that and a 1:2 semi macro lens! ;(

Aug 1, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #428 of 428
shigzeo...

Right! These things matter.  :) 

The price for the PF IX at MA is a little hard to believe. It is some $200 less than the lowest price on Kakaku. Ah, but the caveat is... "back order". 

I hope that you get to listen to the 1602 series at some point. I would love to hear your impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back