Worst headphones you've ever bought
May 17, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #137 of 162
Not counting cheap IEMs the Vmoda Crossfade LP will take the prize for me.Good looking phones though I have a white one.

May 17, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #138 of 162
Beats Solo, though I bought them for my Daughter, she likes them or at least the way they look draped around her neck!

May 20, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #139 of 162

Philips SHL9700

Despite looking quite nice in pictures, truly terrible phones which Amazon are currently giving away
The worst sibilance I've ever heard, like being prodded in the ear with needles. Also almost Grado levels of sound leakage on what looks like a closed portable phone.
What makes them so disappointing is they're from such a well respected company.

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #141 of 162
These...BearBizz RG-EB860.

They literally fell apart after 1 week of using them....
mad.gif

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #143 of 162
The headphones that lead me in the direction of real Head-Fi headphones were my Turtle Beach HPA2 headphones, they were around a hundred dollars Canadian when I got them many many years ago and I really did enjoy them then. Now if I still had them I wouldn't let my dog listen to them, they had a small sound stage, tiny highs with no mids to speak of and awful loose flat bass. The microphone needed to be trimmed up because it wouldn't fit in the can it was supposed to attach to and it picked p all kinds of background noise.

But those aren't my worse headphones I ever had, after those finally bit the dust I decided to get a pair of Turtle Beach z6A headphones. Well..... I'm just going to say those were the worse headphones I ever had. I don't even want to remember how bad they were before they fell apart after being replaced and sent back TWICE for falling apart. 

Turtle Beach Tech support was really nice, customer service was what you would expect, at least they got that part right. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #144 of 162
Audeze LCD-X.  I've had previous experience with the LCD2 and learned that it was far too heavy for any long-term comfort.  I decided it'd be smart to try out a headphone that was even 100g heavier.  Boy was I dumb.

Apr 8, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #146 of 162
The Grado SR-325 GOLD version. Most painful treble i've ever heard and I have no issues with the treble on even the DT-990.
The SR-225i is really good though and I miss it.

Apr 8, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #147 of 162

At least you didn't go for the XC! Even heavier!

Ironically I tried the XC a couple weeks prior to as a demo.  I guess I thought I could live with the immense weight of the X if it had the godly sound that it was hyped up to have on head-fi.

It's a good sounding headphone no doubt, but nothing special.

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #149 of 162
Everything before my Sennheiser HD 201, though my Philips SHP 1900 was somewhat of an exception

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #150 of 162
If I were to say that I bought a headphone that I didn't like, that would make me seem a little stupid 'cause I would be spending money on something that I'd not like. However, that unfortunately happened by means of the Grado RS1e. It wasn't the sound signature that I I was offended by, ironically it was the comfort! Being a light headphone, I thought this would not be a problem but the earpads (both large and small cups) really hurt the back of my ears. Good Lord Al'mighty!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back