WORST headphone you ever heard?
May 3, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #721 of 1,786
Sony MDR-NC7... worst headphone ever...

May 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #722 of 1,786
I got a pair ear bud that came with the Gillette Mach 3 with 4 extra head.  It was a bundle pack (what a deal!) for 7.99 in my local Fredmeyer.  You guys can't beat that both in price and sound quality!!!

May 3, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #723 of 1,786
worst iv heard besides beats and airline headphones would be these cheapo ear buds i found off the ground. They were crusty and old but i was like mehh what ever so i plugged them in my ipod and put them on jokingly and well....i decided to burn them in my fire place when i got home. "they sounded like beats btw"

May 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #724 of 1,786
Off topic question... why are there so many people here with legendary Pokemon wearing HD 650 (or HD 600?) as their avatar? There's someone else that has the same image as you, except with Latios instead of Latias. Some Head-fi meme I'm not aware of?

StreetDragon made the picture and the Latios is his and the Latias is mine.

May 4, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #725 of 1,786
Quote:

I personally tested them out at Jaben. Why was the pair I tried sounded so horrible?

It's probably all about perspective. Since you were at Jaben, you had access to a million great pairs of headphones and probably demoed them at the same time you listened to the Tracks.

However, most of us have heard them at Best Buy among the stand with Souls, Beats, and the horrid new Sony X-series. Compared to those monstrosities, the SOL Republic product is quick on its feet, light on the bass, and better-tuned overall to more than just a few genres.

They're still pretty bad and way too bassy (almost on the level of the Klipsch Reference One), but it's all about what they're being compared to.

May 4, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #726 of 1,786
pro900....before i put on the jmoneypads,

then its H.E.A.V.E.N.

May 4, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #728 of 1,786
the highs not as shrilly, the bass has a more full bodied texture..must be the LEATHER , yummy.
the drivers/interiors are not modded in anyway.

this is my 2nd pair of pro900 now...its dual entry...for my audiogd balanced amp. 

May 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #729 of 1,786
Skullcandy Agent.

Poor bass impact, bass extension, mid performance, and tinny highs. Terribly overpriced pieces of garbage.

On a side note, the new Crusher are extremely fun ^_^

May 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #730 of 1,786
Skullcandy Agent.

Poor bass impact, bass extension, mid performance, and tinny highs. Terribly overpriced pieces of garbage.

On a side note, the new Crusher are extremely fun ^_^[/quote

Hmm, I've been considering picking up a pair of crushers. Are they worth it?

May 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #731 of 1,786
Skullcandy Agent.

On a side note, the new Crusher are extremely fun ^_^

How do you like the crushers? Are they worth the $99?

May 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #732 of 1,786
Quote:
How do you like the crushers? Are they worth the $99?

It really depends on what you are looking for. They are bass driven headphones using the Sensation55 driver. The midrange and highs are strikingly unimpressive but don't perform badly.

I did do a brief impressions review if you want to read more about it. And others have contributed there as well. 

"Are they worth $99?" If you are looking for something with excessive fun vibrating bass? Yes. I'd say so. If I had the extra money, I could see myself buying a pair for use with movies at home. For general music listening for me? I really couldn't see myself enjoying it. I don't have enough of the music that these really excel with on my playlist. I had enough to do the impressions with though. 

And I agree... they are fun as long as your ears can handle the vibrations 
L3000.gif

May 13, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #733 of 1,786
My nephew has a pair of rastafarian looking Skullcandy's...they were horrible. Muddy mids, No bass impact or extension. No highs. Just a brick wall of bad sound. I don't remember ever hearing worse. What's really sad is that my nephew claimed that he could hear no difference between those and my D2000's. I guess it could be a good thing... he won't have to worry about getting bitten by the audio bug and spending too much on gear.

May 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #734 of 1,786
Quote:
My nephew has a pair of rastafarian looking Skullcandy's...they were horrible. Muddy mids, No bass impact or extension. No highs. Just a brick wall of bad sound. I don't remember ever hearing worse. What's really sad is that my nephew claimed that he could hear no difference between those and my D2000's. I guess it could be a good thing... he won't have to worry about getting bitten by the audio bug and spending too much on gear.

I know the ones. Somebody at my old high school had a pair that he thought were absolutely fantastic, and they just sounded like static.

May 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #735 of 1,786

Users who are viewing this thread

Back